HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist first game, comments

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2005, 01:40 AM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
You saw him in the press box?
Oh, man. I feel so off today. I'm not with my usual computer so not only does it screw with my typing but with my brain also!

Old
10-09-2005, 02:48 AM
2Leetch_94
Kreid me a river

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
oh, then i'm thinking they shouldn't allow forwards to play the puck in those areas either...you know, to add scoring.
Maybe they shouldn't, at least it'll save half of them that don't have a clue on how to play defense. Good idea, we better get that to Bettman, we're sure to see 5+ goals every night, exactly what we want.

Old
10-09-2005, 04:56 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Oh, man. I feel so off today. I'm not with my usual computer so not only does it screw with my typing but with my brain also!
Haha so it was your turn to get lucky last night? Away game?

Old
10-09-2005, 06:19 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Brodeur won the game for the Devils, hands down best player on either team tonight. If he didnt ROB Jagr and Malik in the end of the third, game over.
Yes you're right. Brodeur stole the game for his team. Lundqvist by the way was excellent under a lot of pressure in the third period.

Old
10-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Sather Hater

Lundqvist played a solid game. It's hard to judge hime after one game though, especially when he only faced one shot in the first period and it was a deflection that went in the net. Both goalies need to get their Save Percentage up though if this team wants to win some games. Right now Weekes is at .873, and Lundqvist is .889. It's still too early to really mean anything bt if they have these numbers at the halfway point then it's time to worry. Letting in 1 goal on every 10 shots is the old barometer that equates to a .900 save percentage, but in recent years NHL goalies have been getting closer to the .930 mark.

Old
10-09-2005, 09:27 AM
ThisYearsModel

He had a real nice suit on

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
You saw him in the press box?

Looked like a Joseph Abboud

Old
10-09-2005, 10:52 AM
larsmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
Lundqvist played a solid game. It's hard to judge hime after one game though, especially when he only faced one shot in the first period and it was a deflection that went in the net. Both goalies need to get their Save Percentage up though if this team wants to win some games. Right now Weekes is at .873, and Lundqvist is .889. It's still too early to really mean anything bt if they have these numbers at the halfway point then it's time to worry. Letting in 1 goal on every 10 shots is the old barometer that equates to a .900 save percentage, but in recent years NHL goalies have been getting closer to the .930 mark.
You can't really compare the "old days" when meaning just a few years back with the game today. Just yesterdays games had an average of 6.83 goals / game. If you look back in 2003 you would probably get an average of closer to 3-4?

We've seen some good goalies getting very much scored on so far during this year and I don't think it's because the goalies are worse...more that the game is wide open.

Old
10-09-2005, 03:13 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFANinJersey
I was in Section 205 tonight..I must say i was impressed with Lundqvist..i thought the devs would eat him alive tonight and he showed a lot of talent especially in that third period where every 30 seconds he was saving one-timers on the penalty kill..i give it 3 weeks before hes the permanent starter
I was at the game also and from what I saw he looked very good for his first NHL game.
Definitely have to give him time to adjust to the pace of the game and the size of the ice.
I don't know about 3 weeks but I really think Henke will be the #1 come season's end.

Old
10-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
I thought he played well for his first game. While he didn't get much action the first two periods, he was very steady in the third to get the team to OT.

Too bad about the Mogilny goal. The OT one was a blown coverage. Can't kill him on that. Liked his reaction afterwards.

He has a lot of potential.

Closed Thread