HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

leafs rookies beat chicago rookies 4 to 2

Old
09-11-2011, 05:04 PM
stavs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGuru View Post
yes, I did.

Still, I'm so upset that Gardiner & Blacker aren't playing.

it's not cheaper, they are $18.50.

Is it cheaper for leafs games @ the ACC if we do it that way?
if you buy via online u pay processing fees so it is cheaper if u go in person, and if your a university student, u can get them at 13.50 which is what me and my friend paid. Either way you're close to the action and it shouldn't be that bad, but missing out on those prospects will be kind of crappy...not going to lie. The game should still be fast paced and you will probably see a couple fights so it is worth the money I think.

stavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGuru View Post
yes, I did.

Still, I'm so upset that Gardiner & Blacker aren't playing.

it's not cheaper, they are $18.50.

Is it cheaper for leafs games @ the ACC if we do it that way?
It is cheaper buying at the box office.
Cost me $60 for 3 tickets online, $45 at the box office.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 05:40 PM
SteveV*

Good on the team for sitting the key guys who will be in the main camp. That game last night was very physical, had a great pace, there is ZERO need to burn these guys out, or worse get injured because some punk wants to make a name for himself.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Dark Passenger

Other thing too, Ottawa looks like it may have the strongest squad at this tournament. I know results dont really matter, but could be that if the Leafs want to look at some of these tryout players, tonight would be better, saving the better players to play againt the Sens on Tuesday.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Yosho
Logic

Jesse Blacker was easily the most impressive player on the ice last night. His skating, puck moving, and defensive play (a BIG one) were above 98% of the other skaters.

Gardiner is realllllly quick, and the upside with him is so blatently obvious. Great 3rd period, the first 2 were...okay.

Matt Frattin can definitely play, although it seemed like he got shafted on ice time? I BARELY saw him on the ice, but when I did he was making something happen. I expect Wilson to give him a bunch of ice time with the big club during the preseason games.

Brad Ross, I thought, had a great game. I don't know where a bunch of you are coming from... He played his game well, and he even showed his soft hands on the first goal (which he basically set up himself, Devane was just lucky to grab the puck behind the net)

I'm most interested to see what becomes of Kenny Ryan. He seems to have all the right tools to crack the line up as soon as next season. He'd be a great 3rd line winger, IMO.

The first goalie (I tried to spell his name, no dice) played pretty well. He was really aggressive when fighting for rebounds, and pretty sound positionally.

Bummed about the statches tonight, but I do want to see what Brenner is like.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 06:00 PM
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Doakes View Post
Other thing too, Ottawa looks like it may have the strongest squad at this tournament. I know results dont really matter, but could be that if the Leafs want to look at some of these tryout players, tonight would be better, saving the better players to play againt the Sens on Tuesday.
This.

Sens team looks good, but mostly due to their special teams from what I've seen today. Their defense and goaltending is definately not as good as ours, but their forwards seem much better. Leafs - Sens game should be really good.

4evaBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 06:02 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Phillipe Dupuis not Phillipe Paradis is likely what was meant.
Yeah, sorry about that typo guys

arrbez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Leafs24Seven*

Closed threads

I was trying to respond to a poster in one of the closed threads about the rookie game last night because his PM box is full (poster PI, i just wanted to thank you for posting the link to the game on leafsblog) but the thread and another thread also is closed on the rookie tourney, my question is why do threads get closed? there was no fighting or anything. Mods, maybe you can clarify. TY and GO LEAFS GO!

Leafs24Seven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 06:05 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=982233

post there. game threads are closed when the game ends

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Pi

Hey, you are welcome for the link but I was just copying and pasting it to the other thread. I don't know who runs that website but he/she deserves all the praise .

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 06:15 PM
TheHMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
This.

Sens team looks good, but mostly due to their special teams from what I've seen today. Their defense and goaltending is definately not as good as ours, but their forwards seem much better. Leafs - Sens game should be really good.
Today's goalie for the Sens was an invitee, and he was horrible. Made the defense look a lot worse than it was by spitting out rebounds and flopping in net. They're likely to play Robin Lehner in net against the Leafs.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Leafs24Seven*

Was just talking to him/her it is the poster there named "leafer" they said they are "leafsfan80" here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Hey, you are welcome for the link but I was just copying and pasting it to the other thread. I don't know who runs that website but he/she deserves all the praise .

Leafs24Seven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 07:00 PM
leafers

That dancing show is so exciting

leafers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 07:06 PM
leafers

Does anyone have the numbers for the players?

leafers is offline   Reply With Quote