HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#2 • Traverse City • New York Rangers vs. the Dallas Stars • 6:00 PM • MSG (HD)

Old
09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I would be open to trying Bourque out over MZA. Invite him to camp and if he does really well, play him over MZA.
I really don't see a spot for mza right now as it is. I don't think there's room for any rookie forward unless wolski gets dealt or waived. I think some people here thinking Avery won't make the team are way way off. He'll be there. Mza will not. But bourque has really shown me alot.

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 08:59 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
Fixed .

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Artem Anisimov

I like what I see from a lot of our prospects, although I really want to see CT score.

Artem Anisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

God dam he really messed him up on that fight.

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Fixed
Thanks, couldn't get the damn thing to work

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Pizza

Quote:

OMFG McIlrath destroyed him!
MacIlrath has the tools to be a very valuable player, but these reactions are a bit over the top.

I like this kid but c'mon. Compared to other fights of his, he took it pretty easy on him.

Really nice to see him stick up for his mates, and yeah he dominated the guy, but lets try and keep it real.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:12 PM
azrok22

I realize it's just a prospects tournament, but if Parlett keeps playing this way into actual camp, Del Zotto should be getting real nervous. Given our weakness on the right side, I would not be surprised to see Parlett take an open D position (along with Erixon), with both Del Zotto and Valentenko going to the AHL to start the year.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:14 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
I realize it's just a prospects tournament, but if Parlett keeps playing this way into actual camp, Del Zotto should be getting real nervous. Given our weakness on the right side, I would not be surprised to see Parlett take an open D position (along with Erixon), with both Del Zotto and Valentenko going to the AHL to start the year.
Parlett is also a right handed shot. I think that gives him a huge advantage over some of the other players.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:16 PM
eco's bones

Another excellent game. Rangers turned it up a notch in the last period. Stajcer was really good tonight and Erixon, McIlrath and Parlett are three solid prospects. Bourque is playing great--after two games IMO he's been their best forward overall. But like yesterday we've been getting contributions all up and down the lineup. McColgan looked a lot better tonight as well. I liked the spirit he showed getting into that fight with the much bigger Labrie and more than holding his own. Had a nice goal as well.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:25 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Bourque, from the side!
bringing back the classics (from last season)

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:30 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenhart2008 View Post
Noreau(sp?) has been solid today.
Agreed. For a future bottom pair enforcer, Noreau plays a solid game. Needs to spend the next 2 years in the Q getting quicker.

E-Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
eco's bones

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Blake Parlett is tied for the scoring lead after two games. Both d-men have 5 points so far though Savard has a goal and Parlett doesn't.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:42 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Any updates on Yogan's shoulder?

Great game, this team's legit.
Wait, what?

I missed the last 3 or so min because my DVR timed out. Did Yogan get hurt?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I think, statistically speaking that as long as head-to-head is the tiebreaker, we are already statistically qualified for the finals.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:21 PM
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Wait, what?

I missed the last 3 or so min because my DVR timed out. Did Yogan get hurt?
Yup slid into the boards. Had a grimace on his face but he shook his head as if saying it wasn't serious.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:22 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Bourque is doing good in a prospect tournament where guys like Jyri Niemi are playing.

MZA dominated the SEL.

Just saying. If MZA was drafted by us he'd be the 2nd line left winger of the future for some of you.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I don't think a ton of people are that down on MZA. Just the guys that love goons, thats about the extent of it.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Some very brief observations:

Been a very good tournament so far for the kids. I said last week that the Parlett bandwagon would fill up quickly, but I didn't realize it would be this quickly.

Like what I'm seeing from Thomas. He'll start converting sooner or later. He's creating too much offense to be held out of the G column much longer.

Yogan has been very good. Above average hockey IQ and knows where to go to score. Finds seams in the defense and can get open for shots. Nice to see him finally bury one tonight.

Erixon is playing well, but it's tough to judge considering this is a lower level of competition than he's used to.

Better game from McIlrath. Seems like he's settling in. He obviously needs more seasoning, but I'd really like to see him work on his turns to chase dump-ins. Really slow transition there.

Bourque should have a very good year in the AHL this year if he can stay healthy. If he can add some muscle and avoid the IR there is definitely NHL upside there. He and Hagelin could make up 2/3rds of a very speedy 3rd line that can contribute some offense.

Hagelin had another pretty good night. I'd like to see him keep his head up more, though.

Miller had a better night on the wing. Looked more involved in the play and more confident on the ice. Hopefully he can develop as a center, but I still feel as though he'll be a winger at the NHL level.

JAM has been a nice surprise. Hopefully he can continue this level of play with the Whale.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I don't think a ton of people are that down on MZA. Just the guys that love goons, thats about the extent of it.
I think we have potentially better options for the 3rd line coming up through the system than MZA. I think it's top-six or nothing for him, tbh. He certainly has the skill, but he has to improve his skating for sure.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Blake Parlett is tied for the scoring lead after two games. Both d-men have 5 points so far though Savard has a goal and Parlett doesn't.
too bad Erixon has yet to be credited with that primary assist on the Hagelin PP goal against The Blues.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:27 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
People that are getting on Thomas haven't been watching close enough. He has drawn at least two powerplays, one in the first when he was taken down in front of the net and one in the third when he chipped the puck over a defenseman. He had one shot hit the post on that powerplay, and in the first he had a shot just miss as well. The points aren't there but he's playing well.
I haven't read this whole thread since earlier.

But who is getting on him.

Yes, he has drawn power plays, he plays hard.

The concerns, from me anyway, are about his strength and he needs to be more involved in the neutral and defensive zones.

All things im sure he can and will improve as he gets older.

But they're still real concerns.

I don't like seeing him get hit hard from behind along the boards.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think we have potentially better options for the 3rd line coming up through the system than MZA. I think it's top-six or nothing for him, tbh. He certainly has the skill, but he has to improve his skating for sure.
I am still not sure MZA will make the team. I hope he has a good camp and makes it I have a hard time seeing Avery as a spare. If that is the case EC is waived for sure.

The big club has alot of depth so no need to rush the kids in this tournament. Erixon is the only one that likely makes it because there are D spots available.

F spots are basically filled however you slot the players

Dubinsky, Richards, Gaborik
Wolski, Anisimov, Callahan
Fedotenko, Stepan, Zuke
Rupp, Boyle, Prust
Avery, Christensen

none of those top 12 are going anywhere and that includes WW with his salary. Avery is not tradeable.

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Some very brief observations:

Been a very good tournament so far for the kids. I said last week that the Parlett bandwagon would fill up quickly, but I didn't realize it would be this quickly.

Like what I'm seeing from Thomas. He'll start converting sooner or later. He's creating too much offense to be held out of the G column much longer.

Yogan has been very good. Above average hockey IQ and knows where to go to score. Finds seams in the defense and can get open for shots. Nice to see him finally bury one tonight.

Erixon is playing well, but it's tough to judge considering this is a lower level of competition than he's used to.

Better game from McIlrath. Seems like he's settling in. He obviously needs more seasoning, but I'd really like to see him work on his turns to chase dump-ins. Really slow transition there.

Bourque should have a very good year in the AHL this year if he can stay healthy. If he can add some muscle and avoid the IR there is definitely NHL upside there. He and Hagelin could make up 2/3rds of a very speedy 3rd line that can contribute some offense.

Hagelin had another pretty good night. I'd like to see him keep his head up more, though.

Miller had a better night on the wing. Looked more involved in the play and more confident on the ice. Hopefully he can develop as a center, but I still feel as though he'll be a winger at the NHL level.

JAM has been a nice surprise. Hopefully he can continue this level of play with the Whale.
Agree with all of this. Given last night's debate, I want to emphasize that IMO Yogan's probably had the best six periods of all our forwards other than Bourque and perhaps Thomas. Also, after very mediocre play yesterday, I thought McColgan and especially St. Croix had good games too - the latter did some very nifty distributing in traffic and on the rush. Heck, basically everyone we have listed in our prospect list (including the much debated JAM) played well tonight; the only meh players were our invitees.

For the first time, I actually think that Bourque has a shot at the big club - I think he's had one of those summers where he took a big step forward. Still very worried about the concussions, but I definitely see the Cally comparisons.

EDIT: Also, Stajcer should be getting some credit - he played very well.

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 09-11-2011 at 10:46 PM.
BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
never know. As time goes on something has to give and someone has to get moved. if Vtank doesnt make it this yr I think he's going back to the KHL. He may be a good trade chip but I still feel like he can help now.

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:37 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Basically, everyone we have listed in our prospect list played well tonight; the only meh players were our invitees.

For the first time, I actually think that Bourque has a shot at the big club.
I agree about Bourque.

Im impressed with his consistency. Like Callahan. He never stops. He's good both ways. He's tenacious. And he's surprisingly strong. I just love his game, I really do. Its impossible not to like the kid.

Im worried about his durability. And the concussions.

But he seems like the kind of player that can defy odds. He reminds me A LOT of Callahan. On and off the ice.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote