HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**Official** NHL 12 EASHL Teams Thread:

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-11-2011, 06:56 PM
  #326
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Club is made, jerseys are ugly but whatever.

I unfortunately can't invite you all until you get the game. Every time I try to invite someone, I get a "User Not Found" error.
nice! ill be on tuesday night! cant wait

Habitants is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
  #327
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
How are you liking NHL 12 so far?
Like the demo, I feel like it's an expansion pack to NHL 11. However, I'm loving that the CPU is so much better.. love that they shoot the puck more often.

If I wasn't a hardcore hockey fan.. I'd pass on this game though. That's if I had NHL 11.

Gary320 is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:03 PM
  #328
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Like the demo, I feel like it's an expansion pack to NHL 11. However, I'm loving that the CPU is so much better.. love that they shoot the puck more often.

If I wasn't a hardcore hockey fan.. I'd pass on this game though. That's if I had NHL 11.
Yeah I hear you. The game is nothing great, but it's all we got and if we want to play online, the entire EASHL community is in NHL 12 now...

Are you planning on playing D or forward this time around. Last time we played together, you had switched to D and I thought you played a really effective and quiet shut-down game.

overlords is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:19 PM
  #329
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yeah I hear you. The game is nothing great, but it's all we got and if we want to play online, the entire EASHL community is in NHL 12 now...

Are you planning on playing D or forward this time around. Last time we played together, you had switched to D and I thought you played a really effective and quiet shut-down game.
Probably D with a mix of goalie.
Not too great as a forward where a bunch of people are trying to do the same time. So atleast in D I can do my own thing (with my own teammate) Plus most forwards seem to do the same thing so I know I can counter most of it. I just gotta work on being more offensive. I mean I'm fine with the passes.. but hoping my attributes for slapshots can increase intime.. I wanna make that my signature

Gary320 is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
  #330
eaglesmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Butt buttttt Buttt Im trrrying sooo hardd..

eaglesmaster is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:25 PM
  #331
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Probably D with a mix of goalie.
Not too great as a forward where a bunch of people are trying to do the same time. So atleast in D I can do my own thing (with my own teammate) Plus most forwards seem to do the same thing so I know I can counter most of it. I just gotta work on being more offensive. I mean I'm fine with the passes.. but hoping my attributes for slapshots can increase intime.. I wanna make that my signature
Well if you take the advice given to you by our vets like Eagle, Frank and bud, you'll get there soon enough.

We'll have to see about goaltenders, though. They were so broken in 11 that we almost never played with one.

overlords is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 07:29 PM
  #332
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Well if you take the advice given to you by our vets like Eagle, Frank and bud, you'll get there soon enough.

We'll have to see about goaltenders, though. They were so broken in 11 that we almost never played with one.
Oh yeah I understand. Just saying that if we are ever full, I really don't mind.

Gary320 is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 08:00 PM
  #333
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
I just reserved my copy of NHL 12 and will get it tomorrow night at midnight. Can't wait.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 08:01 PM
  #334
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,417
vCash: 500
I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the game...im kind of turned off by it.

Andy is online now  
Old
09-11-2011, 08:04 PM
  #335
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the game...im kind of turned off by it.

baaahhh... I just want the new rosters and the intelligent AI. Those two points alone should make it a more interesting game. And the skip to your next shift feature in BAP. It was a must and the experience will be far more enjoyable with it.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 08:06 PM
  #336
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecole72 View Post
baaahhh... I just want the new rosters and the intelligent AI. Those two points alone should make it a more interesting game. And the skip to your next shift feature in BAP. It was a must and the experience will be far more enjoyable with it.
Sorry to break it to you, but EA is still the company making these games.

overlords is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 08:26 PM
  #337
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Sorry to break it to you, but EA is still the company making these games.
hum, I guess you haven't read a whole lot on the features and the tests they made, then.

EA is so underrated it's pathetic on internet. These features take thousands of hours and tests to implement, and often, they're limited by factors they just can't control. People should learn to be more open-minded. Whenever EA has come up with new features, what they advertised was pretty much bang on when I played it, and I expect it to be the same this year. i.e. no more Crosby finishing the year with 60 points and more situations both in-games (players floating around, etc.) and off-games (draft picks for a rental kind of trades). All these little improvements had to be made and will make the subsequent games and the one of this year way better.

TankEller* is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
  #338
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecole72 View Post
hum, I guess you haven't read a whole lot on the features and the tests they made, then.

EA is so underrated it's pathetic on internet. These features take thousands of hours and tests to implement, and often, they're limited by factors they just can't control. People should learn to be more open-minded. Whenever EA has come up with new features, what they advertised was pretty much bang on when I played it, and I expect it to be the same this year. i.e. no more Crosby finishing the year with 60 points and more situations both in-games (players floating around, etc.) and off-games (draft picks for a rental kind of trades). All these little improvements had to be made and will make the subsequent games and the one of this year way better.


You sound like someone who doesn't play many games.

overlords is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 09:49 PM
  #339
eaglesmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecole72 View Post
hum, I guess you haven't read a whole lot on the features and the tests they made, then.

EA is so underrated it's pathetic on internet. These features take thousands of hours and tests to implement, and often, they're limited by factors they just can't control. People should learn to be more open-minded. Whenever EA has come up with new features, what they advertised was pretty much bang on when I played it, and I expect it to be the same this year. i.e. no more Crosby finishing the year with 60 points and more situations both in-games (players floating around, etc.) and off-games (draft picks for a rental kind of trades). All these little improvements had to be made and will make the subsequent games and the one of this year way better.
you mean like real time physics?

Ea is a company out to make money. Making the "perfect" hockey game is bad for them. After all, if they made a perfect, or near perfect game who would buy the next version? So its calculated to add bit by bit small features to the game and to make bold promises of "better ai" and "more realistic experience" when in the end they usually patch a hole in order to make a new one. Its like digging out a sand pit in order to fill the first one. You still have a bloody hole! all thats been done is to shift it over a bit! They simply milk the money because frankly, if you want to play a hockey game with multiplayer, then you have to purchase the game, plain and simple. And the worst thing is, they know it.

eaglesmaster is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 09:54 PM
  #340
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post


You sound like someone who doesn't play many games.
You sound like an obnoxious guy who likes to complain over a game which has not even came out yet. Try to develop one game, after come back to me. And that's good for everyone who hates NHL's development team.

Just so you know, the team developing NHL isn't the same as the one developing Madden, MLB, or whatever they're developing.

No, I'm not playing a whole lot of games. But I do know what it involves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesmaster View Post
you mean like real time physics?

Ea is a company out to make money. Making the "perfect" hockey game is bad for them. After all, if they made a perfect, or near perfect game who would buy the next version? So its calculated to add bit by bit small features to the game and to make bold promises of "better ai" and "more realistic experience" when in the end they usually patch a hole in order to make a new one. Its like digging out a sand pit in order to fill the first one. You still have a bloody hole! all thats been done is to shift it over a bit! They simply milk the money because frankly, if you want to play a hockey game with multiplayer, then you have to purchase the game, plain and simple. And the worst thing is, they know it.
Isn't it what all companies are doing? Yeah, at some point, some companies out there make the most out of their monopoly. It's a well known phenomena and anyone clever would do the same, really. Which OS are you running on your computer? What are you using for your internet/TV/telephone? I mean, it doesn't make EA any less credible to do this. And quite frankly, no game is ever going to be perfect. At least, not ones involving sports. There are too many variables involved.

As for your comment about realtime physics, did you really expect them to come out with that? It would take way, way too much work, and NHL's development team isn't the biggest to say the least.


Last edited by overlords: 09-11-2011 at 10:10 PM.
TankEller* is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
  #341
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,285
vCash: 50
Each year the game IS better, but not enough IMO. What's the point of real time physics and intelligent AI and all this stuff if I can just walk in and go backhand forehand at a ******** angle and score anyway? It's like going to the car dealership because you need to switch to winter tires and you come back next day and they put a bigger engine in the car but kept the summer tires. It's nice and all, but not really what the gamers asked for.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 10:12 PM
  #342
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Each year the game IS better, but not enough IMO. What's the point of real time physics and intelligent AI and all this stuff if I can just walk in and go backhand forehand at a ******** angle and score anyway? It's like going to the car dealership because you need to switch to winter tires and you come back next day and they put a bigger engine in the car but kept the summer tires. It's nice and all, but not really what the gamers asked for.
It might not be enough, but I don't actually believe this is all because of the "evil-intended bad programmers/developers of EA". They have limited support and programmers, but the improvements they advertised ARE actually something we can expect...

TankEller* is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 10:16 PM
  #343
eaglesmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecole72 View Post
Isn't it what all companies are doing? Yeah, at some point, some companies out there make the most out of their monopoly. It's a well known phenomena and anyone clever would do the same, really. Which OS are you running on your computer? What are you using for your internet/TV/telephone? I mean, it doesn't make EA any less credible to do this. And quite frankly, no game is ever going to be perfect. At least, not ones involving sports. There are too many variables involved.

As for your comment about realtime physics, did you really expect them to come out with that? It would take way, way too much work, and NHL's development team isn't the biggest to say the least.
You commented on them fulfilling their promises. Its not a question of my expectations! My expectations are low, from experience of them not fulfilling them. If they promise real time physics. Then they have to deliver. And yes I have experience in programming. I know how difficult it is. But I also know enough to keep my mouth shut and not promise things in a grandiose fashion when I can't deliver. Me bringing up real time physics was just me presenting an easy example of where they fail to deliver what they promise.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Each year the game IS better, but not enough IMO. What's the point of real time physics and intelligent AI and all this stuff if I can just walk in and go backhand forehand at a ******** angle and score anyway? It's like going to the car dealership because you need to switch to winter tires and you come back next day and they put a bigger engine in the car but kept the summer tires. It's nice and all, but not really what the gamers asked for.
This

eaglesmaster is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 10:27 PM
  #344
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecole72 View Post
You sound like an obnoxious guy who likes to complain over a game which has not even came out yet. Try to develop one game, after come back to me. And that's good for everyone who hates NHL's development team.

Just so you know, the team developing NHL isn't the same as the one developing Madden, MLB, or whatever they're developing.

No, I'm not playing a whole lot of games. But I do know what it involves...



Isn't it what all companies are doing? Yeah, at some point, some companies out there make the most out of their monopoly. It's a well known phenomena and anyone clever would do the same, really. Which OS are you running on your computer? What are you using for your internet/TV/telephone? I mean, it doesn't make EA any less credible to do this. And quite frankly, no game is ever going to be perfect. At least, not ones involving sports. There are too many variables involved.

As for your comment about realtime physics, did you really expect them to come out with that? It would take way, way too much work, and NHL's development team isn't the biggest to say the least.
Sorry brah, but the game IS out. It's out in europe and it's out early in NA right now. The reason why I know the game isn't much of an improvement over the last one is because of just how closely I followed the developer diaries and blogs which talked about the features. I also follow the game industry very closely, and I have worked in small game development teams and I've got about 6 years of programming experience under my belt, including Java, c++, VB and multiple types of web programming. Not many people bash the programmers themselves, they bash the company behind them who contents themselves with the status quo, especially now that they've secured a monopoly.

NHL's development team isn't the biggest? Well no ****, that has everything to do with how many resources EA decides to put into the game. NHL 11 had countless glitches, exploits and problems that could have been fixed with patches, but very little was ever done. Even game breaking glitches like the hourglass bug was never even touched. Nobody asked for broken glass, nobody wanted missing helmets, and nobody wanted girls in the game or winter classic. And when they finally got to something the fans really wanted, like multiple player build slots, they half-assed it there too.

What OS do I use? I use windows 7, which I jumped on because it was a clean, FINISHED product. Unlike vista which was panned in the computer geek community for months, forcing most to keep XP. Which ISP? I use acanac, because they help bypass the throttling of another EA like corporation: Bell.

When you yourself admit that they're taking advantage of their monopoly, you can't turn around and say they're 'underrated'. Sorry, but once you've done your homework and played games from companies like Valve, Bethesda, naughty dog, then your opinion on who's 'underrated' might have some weight behind it. But if you're coming into a thread claiming that people are giving EA heat they don't deserve, make sure you have some ground to stand on, or else it makes you look like a fanboy or RamJamalangadingdong's own son.

overlords is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
  #345
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 500
Overlords.. dude.. spot on. Didn't know you programmed too. Noice!

I agree, but EA bought/funded some studios that made awesome games including one of my favourites (Mass Effect) so they're off the hook for now

What really pisses me off though is how 2K Sports gave up and opted for a Wii hockey game.. which evidently sucked.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 10:41 PM
  #346
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
In life there are three things you can not discuss.

Religion
Politics
Siding with EA Sports NHL team.

So I play Be a Legends with Roenick. My first game and first ****.. I got game misconduct for a hit from behind.

Well so simming my shift.. is pretty funny. Basically it just sims to the end of the period. The view is from the penalty box.. (should be from the press box).. oddly enough, even if I got a game misconduct. My guy is in the box. Ugh. I wont nitpick.

I was even selected to be in the shootout. No nitpicking.. but honestly EA.. wtf


Last edited by overlords: 09-11-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Gary320 is offline  
Old
09-12-2011, 12:44 AM
  #347
mikingz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
For those buying the game at midnight, what stores will be open? I've heard that some might host a mini nhl tournament at the store. Does anyone know about this?

Also, I'm looking forward to joining the ps3 team again.

mikingz is offline  
Old
09-12-2011, 12:46 AM
  #348
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikingz View Post
For those buying the game at midnight, what stores will be open? I've heard that some might host a mini nhl tournament at the store. Does anyone know about this?

Also, I'm looking forward to joining the ps3 team again.
Pretty sure nowhere in quebec will be open at midnight as there's a law against it.

overlords is offline  
Old
09-12-2011, 01:16 AM
  #349
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,024
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Pretty sure nowhere in quebec will be open at midnight as there's a law against it.
What about a microplay/videotron movie rental place?

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
09-12-2011, 01:36 AM
  #350
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
What about a microplay/videotron movie rental place?
dont know if they'll do the same this year, but they were open till 1 AM last year for NHL11.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.