HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#2 • Traverse City • New York Rangers vs. the Dallas Stars • 6:00 PM • MSG (HD)

Old
09-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I don't think a ton of people are that down on MZA. Just the guys that love goons, thats about the extent of it.
WOW man for a mod you like to take shots at people. If I am one of the people you are speaking about MZA is a small unproven player that is yet to prove he can play a North American game constantly.. Goons? they are a thing of the past aren't they? Shawn Thornton just won a cup. The Islanders/Flyer/Pen/Caps / Bruins/Leafs/Senators/ just to name a few teams we play ALOT all have enforcers . Why should we even draft or sign players to protect the Thomas and Bourques of the word? OH because a passive one sided person on here thinks so i Forgot.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:
I think, statistically speaking that as long as head-to-head is the tiebreaker, we are already statistically qualified for the finals.
I believe head-to-head is the first tiebreaker. If that's the case, the finals are already set: Sabres vs Rangers. We Sabres fans were hoping to meet up with NYR in the cross-over game so that we could watch one of the games on TV. Even better that it will be in the finals.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
WOW man for a mod you like to take shots at people. If I am one of the people you are speaking about MZA is a small unproven player that is yet to prove he can play a North American game constantly.. Goons? they are a thing of the past aren't they? Shawn Thornton just won a cup. The Islanders/Flyer/Pen/Caps / Bruins/Leafs/Senators/ just to name a few teams we play ALOT all have enforcers . Why should we even draft or sign players to protect the Thomas and Bourques of the word? OH because a passive one sided person on here thinks so i Forgot.
I don't think that was a shot at anyone, just merely pointing out the obvious divisions on the board.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I believe head-to-head is the first tiebreaker. If that's the case, the finals are already set: Sabres vs Rangers. We Sabres fans were hoping to meet up with NYR in the cross-over game so that we could watch one of the games on TV. Even better that it will be in the finals.
Absolutely. Excited to be there. Last time we won, in 2007, it was with a roster featuring Anisimov, Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Staal, Sauer, and others, so we'd love to win it.

Sabres sound like a good opponent. Ranked #14 by hockeysfuture is Armia playing by any chance?

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:54 PM
rabi

Quote:
Absolutely. Excited to be there. Last time we won, in 2007, it was with a roster featuring Anisimov, Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Staal, Sauer, and others, so we'd love to win it.

Sabres sound like a good opponent. Ranked #14 by hockeysfuture is Armia playing by any chance?
no...he's staying in Finland this year...

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 12:11 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:

My girlfriend is gonna be psyched. She's been a good sport watching the Rangers games with me, hoping we'd be matched up at the end so she could watch the Sabres.

She's been talking a lot of trash though saying things like Kassian is gonna rock the Rangers

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 12:23 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Edmonton vs. Vancouver for whoever is interested:

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=73222

Edmonton is winning 7-1 after 2.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 02:21 AM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
why is the season opener at 1pm???? on a FRIDAY???? why????
because the game is in Europe.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
what time will it be in sweden? just wondering
It's 7pm, but if I remember correctly sonar every opener (3) has been slotted as 7pm starts in Sweden but actually started 8pm (2pm in NY).

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Hamrat

They looked pretty good, but... It seems that if Campbell didn't suck so much that the Stars might have come away with the win. I remember thinking it would have been nice if they we had drafted him, so happy we didn't!

So Hagelin, Parlett, Bourque in the AHL next year; Erixon with a strong chance to make the NHL is pretty much what it looks like to me.

Hamrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 03:07 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

dunno if anyone posted this yet,
http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/75...sier-interview

it's a 13 minute video that starts during the 2nd period (the one Dallas was really strong in) with the camera cutting back and forth between the action and Mess talking. Closest I've gotten to seeing the game!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 03:25 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post

OMFG McIlrath destroyed him!

OD should've stayed down the first time.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 03:40 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Vengeance View Post
thanks for posting these!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 03:47 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Nice win again. Be nice to DaGoon guys, he is a good guy even if he hates Pansy soft Euros too much (And I qualify as such being Swedish born, Swedish/german/norwegian/polish ancestry, And "living" in Iceland...but today I fly to NYC. Psyched

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Agree with all of this. Given last night's debate, I want to emphasize that IMO Yogan's probably had the best six periods of all our forwards other than Bourque and perhaps Thomas. Also, after very mediocre play yesterday, I thought McColgan and especially St. Croix had good games too - the latter did some very nifty distributing in traffic and on the rush. Heck, basically everyone we have listed in our prospect list (including the much debated JAM) played well tonight; the only meh players were our invitees.

For the first time, I actually think that Bourque has a shot at the big club - I think he's had one of those summers where he took a big step forward. Still very worried about the concussions, but I definitely see the Cally comparisons.

EDIT: Also, Stajcer should be getting some credit - he played very well.
I agree with your comments on Yogan. He's always involved in the play and is using his size very well. I think his skating has improved since the last time I really got a look at him as well. I think he's one of those guys that doesn't carry a lot of weight on these boards because he doesn't have a sweet stat-line to look at, but I think this year is going to be big for him and how he's viewed as a prospect. There's definitely legitimate top-six potential there.

I've always been iffy on Bourque, but he's certainly winning me over this tourney.

Stajcer looked solid, but that's his M.O. He's gold one night and the next night he looks like he's never started a game in his life. Hopefully he can maintain some consistency because the talent is certainly there.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 10:00 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I am totally going to Gloat right now. When the undertaker was drafted I was the only guy on here begging for the pic and when the Ranger made it i was so pumped only to be shot down on here because 99% of the posters here buried the pick.. I am so happy he is proving to be a keeper.. LGR
You do realize it's not about him being a "keeper" right? If we passed on the defenseman who scores 60 pts a year or the forward who scores 90 we were upset because they seemed more sure to reach their full potential. Elite scoring forward and OFD/PMD has been an issue for a while. Defensive defenseman between Sauer, Staal, Girardi and even to an extent McD is not and we SHOULD have those all locked up for years to come so we used foresight to say hey we might not have room for McI and he may not be more than a great locker room guy but 3rd line D man while Tarasenko seems guaranteed to score 70+, fowler, Gormley, etc. It's not about thinking McI never makes it.

Now that we have him almost all recognize he seems likely to be a great teammate and we look forward to watching him impose his will on people. At least if you say "I told you so he's gonna make the NHL!" you should do it when people actually disagreed with the fact that he makes the NHL

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:

As rabi stated, Armia is back home in Finland. Assat is in the midst of their preseason, so he wasn't going to leave for this tourney. Here's a brief breakdown of the Sabres at this tournament:

Luke Adam: Somewhat surprisingly, they decided to bring the reigning AHL Rookie of the Year to Traverse City. He has a goal in each game, and the M.Foligno-Adam-Kassian line has been dominant. I'd assume they're going to draw Erixon and his partner in the finals. Adam is probably the only player on Buffalo's team that has a shot at making the Sabres' roster out of training camp.

Other AHLers: Buffalo's other players who played in the A last year are:

Nick Crawford (D): 7 G, 24 A, 31 pts in 76 games
Alex Biega (D): 3 G, 15 A, 18 pts, +18 in 61 games
Corey Tropp (RW): 10 G, 30 A, 40 pts in 76 games (he really hurt your AHL club in that 1st round playoff series)
Jacob Lagace (LW): 10 G, 13 A, 23 pts in 58 games

Solid Defense: In addition to Crawford and Biega, both of whom had fine rookie campaigns in the AHL, Buffalo has three fine WHL defensemen in Mark Pysyk (1st round, 2010), Brayden McNabb (3rd round, 2009), and Matt MacKenzie (3rd round, 2010). Pysyk has a great shot at making Team Canada's World Junior Team. Meanwhile, McNabb and MacKenzie were top-pairing defensemen for the last two WHL Champs, Kootenay (McNabb) and Calgary (MacKenzie).

I assume something like this will be Buffalo's lineup:

Foligno-Adam-Kassian
Boychuk-Catenacci-Tropp
Sutch-Sundher-Szydlowski
Lagace-Varone-Parker
x Shipley, Henley, Beyers

Crawford-Pysyk
McNabb-Biega
Lepkowski-MacKenzie
x Gauthier-Leduc, Fienhage

Lieuwen
Rondeau

Looking forward to that game.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Nice win again. Be nice to DaGoon guys, he is a good guy even if he hates Pansy soft Euros too much (And I qualify as such being Swedish born, Swedish/german/norwegian/polish ancestry, And "living" in Iceland...but today I fly to NYC. Psyched
BBKers be safe in your travels and here is something for you. I am married to a hot Norwegian lol

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote