HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Parise or Kovalchuk?

Old
09-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Gardiner Express
#TankNation

vCash: 500
Parise or Kovalchuk?

categories - G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK

i already drafted kovalchuk but i wana know if i made the right decision

Gardiner Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:58 PM
prevail

I think points wise they're both very close, but I like Parise because he will give you that extra boost in Hits and Blocks.

prevail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:28 PM
batman78

Close call but I'm leaning Kovalchuk.

batman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:39 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
Is there a cap component to your choice?

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Kovalchuk. He had one bad year... on a team that was collectively sucking. He'll be back to his normal season... around 40-40.

Parise may or may not come back just as strong from the injury. I also think Kovalchuk has a bit higher of a ceiling.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Legendary319

Parise is the more secure option of the two in my eyes...two SOG heavy LW's in NJ means Kovalchuk is #2 line Ev and Parise will have the better of C to work with consistently this season it will be Elias where as Kovalchuk will get Josefson or Zubrus...and more typically Parise will get Zajac who compliments his game nicely where as Kovalchuk who knows. I can see Kovalchuk scoring 33G and low 70's on a season where as I can never see Parise dipping below 35G-75 and both have upside to 45+G and well into the 90's. All in all Parise is like #8 best forward in the NHL and Kovalchuk is probably #10 so they're both elite, but Kovalchuk will end up in the less favorable position of the two more conssitently when push comes to shove which is why i'd invest in Parise over Kovalchuk. Also Parise even if he had a down year has the capcity to relocate to a club that more fits his needs where as Kovalchuk is stuck in NJ for life with that bloated contract. Parise is the more secure and modestly better option of the two. One other advantage Parise has is he is definitely more mentally fit than Kovalchuk is so you don't have to worry about him taking nights off where as Kovalchuk we all saw what he did for the first half of last season in NJ. Parise is the better bet of the two.

Legendary319 is offline   Reply With Quote