HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Player's opinions on the Boston/Montreal rivalry

Old
09-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
And then the majority of hockey fans in Canada would likely root for the Habs because they are sick and tired of the Leafs acting as though they are the center of the hockey world.

Especially Subban, who basically outplayed Chara in the playoffs (but not by much)

1979. The Leafs have waited 30+ years for a chance to avenge us in the playoffs, partly because they have played in the West for a time.
Subban was the best Habs D by far in that series, Chara was sick in those first couple of games with that virus, he gets a little of a pass. He did look great shuting down the Sedins in the finals. I sure hope Subban keeps improving, one day he will lift the Cup as well

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 03:37 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
To be honest, I don't understand how people see that making fun at somebody's nose length is in the same league as accusing them of faking injuries, calling them disgrace to the sport or claiming there will be violence in tonight's match.
It's because it's just a more subtile way to say the same thing. It's a reference to Pinocchio.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 04:02 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
It's because it's just a more subtile way to say the same thing. It's a reference to Pinocchio.
Are you sure of this? Marchand never came across as a liar.

A braggart, an agitator, a slur-thrower, but not a liar. Plus, he does have kind of a long nose.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 04:30 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:

A braggart, an agitator, a slur-thrower, but not a liar. Plus, he does have kind of a long nose.
Nobody knows for sure, but that's my guess.

Old
09-08-2011, 04:56 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

for the players I dont know...

but as a fan, it's too much... 2 pre season games,. regular season, PO almost every seasons...

too much makes it boring, a game Vs B is no more interesting than a game VS the Blues, Avs or Kings...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 05:04 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

The players don't care too much. It's just us fans getting super riled up

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 05:04 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
I can't think of many scathing comments from Habs players re:the rivalry.

Off the top of my head:

- When asked during the Finals who he was rooting for, Hal Gill went out of his way to say he didn't like Vancouver before saying he wouldn't want the team that beat them to win either and wondering if the Habs could get a shot.

- Subban was torn when asked who he would cheer for between Boston and Tampa because he said he has friends on both teams.

- Carey Price and Tim Thomas obviously have some sort of off-ice friendship, demonstrated in their 'fight' this year.

- Pacioretty was bitter about Chara's hit at first, but has apparently since put it behind him and accepted Chara's apology.

- Here's a video asking Habs players what they thought the biggest rivalry in sports was:

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...nsole?catid=66

More said Mtl-Tor than said Mtl-Bos

I don't agree with that sentiment at all, but I think it's a reflection of the team's mindset. Things may have changed since the Pacioretty incident (that video was shot before that game but after the 8-6 brawlfest) and the playoffs, but the Habs lockerroom has a very businesslike approach to the game. Don't want to get too high or too low, I guess. So you're not likely to find too many incendiary remarks from their end.

Unless I'm completely blanking.
A little OT, but:

You want to know my feeling on the bolded part? Had it been Thomas in the skates of Price, he would have kept pounding Price if he ever was to fall in a vulnerable position. The guy crossed the whole ice and this wasn't to laugh it off with Price. He had the sincere intention of knocking Price down. That's the Bruins mentality for you.

Quite obviously, he realized quickly enough that he was no match.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:05 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecole72 View Post
A little OT, but:

You want to know my feeling on the bolded part? Had it been Thomas in the skates of Price, he would have kept pounding Price if he ever was to fall in a vulnerable position. The guy crossed the whole ice and this wasn't to laugh it off with Price. He had the sincere intention of knocking Price down. That's the Bruins mentality for you.

Makes me wonder. But wouldn't he be afraid to hurt his hands during his perfect season ? I think he just wanted to show solidarity to his teammates. But yeah, Price is strong, remember when Subban jumped and fell off him, celebrating !

Old
09-08-2011, 07:13 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Makes me wonder. But wouldn't he be afraid to hurt his hands during his perfect season ? I think he just wanted to show solidarity to his teammates. But yeah, Price is strong, remember when Subban jumped and fell off him, celebrating !
I personally feel we haven't used enough of that Pic-meme on this board.

I sure hope people still have it around. It was hilarious. Price pushing Subban off a cliff...

Old
09-08-2011, 07:33 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Anyone else anxious/nervous about the first bruins/habs matchup? It'll be pretty intense.
Regarding the first Habs - Bruins game of the 11/12 season in Boston:

MaxPacioretty67 Max Pacioretty

@EricEngels I am looking forward to it! Def have that date circled on my calendar #cantwait

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:55 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Regarding the first Habs - Bruins game of the 11/12 season in Boston:

MaxPacioretty67 Max Pacioretty

@EricEngels I am looking forward to it! Def have that date circled on my calendar #cantwait
Ohhhh yhea.

Damn I can't wait to see all our guys back on the ice together. Markov, Subban, Patch, Gorges, Cole..

Old
09-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:

Which makes you unable to tell if he's lying.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 08:17 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze23 View Post
Which makes you unable to tell if he's lying.
But..

That's...

Arggg.. Circular Logic Meltdown Alert!!

Old
09-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Lshap

What REALLY interests me is the OP saying he posted this same question on the Bruins' thread.

I've gotta go see this for myself!

If I never return... tell my wife I love her.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Celtic Cross

People say more so for mtl-tor because the teams hate eachother but look at the farm teams they're just down the highway from eachother. So rivalries continued from the ahl into nhl not like mtl-bos infact AHL winter Classic is Marlies vs Bulldogs at Ivor Wynn Stadium. Later that night its Montreal vs Toronto on HNIC oh how I can't wait for Janruary 21

Celtic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 10:22 PM
TD74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
for the players I dont know...

but as a fan, it's too much... 2 pre season games,. regular season, PO almost every seasons...

too much makes it boring, a game Vs B is no more interesting than a game VS the Blues, Avs or Kings...

As a Bruins fan, I feel the same.....since 2008 it has been too many games and series between the 2 teams; I wouldnt be surprised that more fans, on both teams, feel the same way!

TD74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Habs13

You don't get line brawls without reason... just saying

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I wish we could dummy the Bruins every game like they were the Washington Generals.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 12:09 AM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post
People say more so for mtl-tor because the teams hate eachother but look at the farm teams they're just down the highway from eachother. So rivalries continued from the ahl into nhl not like mtl-bos infact AHL winter Classic is Marlies vs Bulldogs at Ivor Wynn Stadium. Later that night its Montreal vs Toronto on HNIC oh how I can't wait for Janruary 21
Wow,i didn't even realize that. What an awesome birthday present!!

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Corky

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecole72 View Post
A little OT, but:

Definitely agree with you there, like Pouliot refused to pound on Krejci while he was turtling in that 8-6 brawl, something that Ference and that other idiot which I can't remember his name did without any remorse on Pyatt and Hamrlik later in that same game.

And then, Lucic came in and challenged Pouliot to a fight a few games after, saying he wanted to avenge Krejci when it was actually Krejci who had challenged Pouliot to a fight. All of this right after the Pacioretty hit where it wasn't clear if he would be able to play hockey again.

Add that to the comments made by Recchi, Marchand, Krejci and Thomas to the media, then the finger incident by Ference (which he wasn't suspended for some reasons..) and you have a team that crosses the line way too much.

Sometimes, you wonder if there is something in the water in Boston. To me, the Bruins are a classless, hypocritical bunch.

Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
Definitely agree with you there, like Pouliot refused to pound on Krejci while he was turtling in that 8-6 brawl, something that Ference and that other idiot which I can't remember his name did without any remorse on Pyatt and Hamrlik later in that same game.

And then, Lucic came in and challenged Pouliot to a fight a few games after, saying he wanted to avenge Krejci when it was actually Krejci who had challenged Pouliot to a fight. All of this right after the Pacioretty hit where it wasn't clear if he would be able to play hockey again.

Add that to the comments made by Recchi, Marchand, Krejci and Thomas to the media, then the finger incident by Ference (which he wasn't suspended for some reasons..) and you have a team that crosses the line way too much.

Sometimes, you wonder if there is something in the water in Boston. To me, the Bruins are a classless, hypocritical bunch.
I wonder what Edwards is going to say now

Edwards must of been a hall monitor snitch in H.S. I bet even the girls stole his lunch money that explains his tough man envy since he'll never be one except in his delusional world.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Corky

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I wonder what Edwards is going to say now

Edwards must of been a hall monitor snitch in H.S. I bet even the girls stole his lunch money that explains his tough man envy since he'll never be one except in his delusional world.
Well, no wonder edwards is never taken seriously outside of Boston, he is a delusional idiot.

Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 10:57 AM
bostone737

boston fan here, lurking, I am anticipating a very awkward complete 180 on pouliot from edwards. Don't like jack at all.

and this thread just like the one in bruins section... a few tidbits from actual players followed by many personal opinions/attacks from posters

edit*

rereading that boston version again, it's actually not that bad, seems to be a little more resentment over here.

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
boston fan here, lurking, I am anticipating a very awkward complete 180 on pouliot from edwards. Don't like jack at all.

and this thread just like the one in bruins section... a few tidbits from actual players followed by many personal opinions/attacks from posters

edit*

rereading that boston version again, it's actually not that bad, seems to be a little more resentment over here.
Geez, I wonder why...

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 12:13 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
Yah, boston-montreal is a great, but there's no questioning that montreal and toronto is the NHL's prize fight, for players and fans alike. A playoff series between these to would be...indescribable to say the least. Other teams would be watching that series between intermissions of their own playoff games, lol
Almost happened SCF 93. That would have been a blood bath. Epic squared. They were still **** though, 5 games max.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote