HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player's opinions on the Boston/Montreal rivalry

Old
09-12-2011, 01:20 PM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Almost happened SCF 93. That would have been a blood bath. Epic squared. They were still **** though, 5 games max.
Quoting myself cause it's all about me! My take is the Leafs Habs 'Rivalry' is a bit of a joke. The Laffs have not threatened us for 44 years and I find it hard to 'Hate' them.

The teams I frigging hate are Jersey, Sh-itsburgh, and Tampa. THEY have one cups, while we have not. The Laffs have not won any cups while we did not.

The boring ***** New Jersey Trapping Brodeurs, and the tanking Pens and Bolts. Can't stand them. I'd much rather see Habs destroy them any day than the Laffs...like, who cares about the Laffs? really?

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 02:08 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Quoting myself cause it's all about me! My take is the Leafs Habs 'Rivalry' is a bit of a joke. The Laffs have not threatened us for 44 years and I find it hard to 'Hate' them.

The teams I frigging hate are Jersey, Sh-itsburgh, and Tampa. THEY have one cups, while we have not. The Laffs have not won any cups while we did not.

The boring ***** New Jersey Trapping Brodeurs, and the tanking Pens and Bolts. Can't stand them. I'd much rather see Habs destroy them any day than the Laffs...like, who cares about the Laffs? really?
devils irk me to no end

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 02:23 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
devils irk me to no end
One of the best, cleanest run franchises in the league. I hate playing against them and hate how good Brodeur was against us but there are worst teams to hate.

The tankers, the sunbelt teams, Toronto, Boston and the dirty Flyers all before the Devils.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 03:11 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
One of the best, cleanest run franchises in the league. I hate playing against them and hate how good Brodeur was against us but there are worst teams to hate.

The tankers, the sunbelt teams, Toronto, Boston and the dirty Flyers all before the Devils.
all true.

i just hate that brodeur is always so damn good against us, and i hate games against jersey are so ****ing boring i always fall azzzzzzzZZZZZZZ

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 03:21 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

I hate the Flyers more than I hate Bos and Tor

Am I the only one?

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 03:23 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post

Am I the only one?
We have more a direct rivalry with Toronto and Boston, two Original Six + we play in the same Division.

I hate the Bruins more than the Leafs. But I hate the Leafs fans more than anyone else.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 04:31 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Am I the only one who liked the Flyers a little?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I hate playing against them, but to be honest when the Flyers are playing any other team I like watching them play

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Only time I hate them is when we play them, but I pretty much hate every team in the league if we go by those standards.

I probably would have wanted them to win in 2010 if it weren't for the fact that they eliminated us.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 04:40 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Got nothing against the team, got everything against their fans. They are only beaten by Bostonians in that special Cro-Magnon dumbassry.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
PATCHESx67

right now its deff MTL vs BOS

past couple years the bruins always been the team we face in the playoffs,once toronto can ice a real hockey team and make the playoffs for a change then MTL vs TOR will come back to life specially if we face them in the playoffs

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post

Am I the only one?
These last playoffs marked the only time where I could actually stomach the Cheesepuffs outside of a playoff race. I kind of wanted the Puffs to win over the Bruins, despite the fact both the Flyers' and the Bruins' first-rounders were Leafs property back then.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Lshap

Hated the Flyers... until now. Once they got rid of Carcillo and Richards I found it harder to work up a good hate against 'em. In fact, I even have a creeping sense of sympathy after their near-miss in 2010 and total meltdown in 2011.

And to preempt the obvious question: I actually like Pronger. Mostly because he's smart and funny, and makes for a very good leader.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 06:24 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Hated the Flyers... until now. Once they got rid of Carcillo and Richards I found it harder to work up a good hate against 'em. In fact, I even have a creeping sense of sympathy after their near-miss in 2010 and total meltdown in 2011.

And to preempt the obvious question: I actually like Pronger. Mostly because he's smart and funny, and makes for a very good leader.
Yes Richards was such a hypocrite. Calling out Subban while his own team traded him because he was a problem for them. He is more immature than Subby

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 06:31 PM
OneSharpMarble

boston lives in Montreals shadow and they harbor a large inferiority complex about it, Toronto is our true rival.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 06:47 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Got nothing against the team, got everything against their fans. They are only beaten by Bostonians in that special Cro-Magnon dumbassry.
Yea their crowd at the arena is as dumb as a rock. Really low IQ

Old
09-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Do the Boston crowd booing Subban really affect his game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Yes Richards was such a hypocrite. Calling out Subban while his own team traded him because he was a problem for them. He is more immature than Subby
Plus Subban was part of why Richards was traded away.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 07:31 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Do the Boston crowd booing Subban really affect his game?

Plus Subban was part of why Richards was traded away.
I think it's a mistake to boo Subban. It just gives him more drive.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
I hate them but admire them. Although without Richards...I hate them less and admire them less.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 12:48 PM
nitric
German Engineering

So what I got from reading this thread over here is that Montreal players and fans alike don't care about the rivalry and find the Leafs to be their true rival. And then I found a multitude of comments about how much everyone hates the Bruins and their fans and they are classless, goons, are vastly inferior to the Habs, have low IQ's, are cro-magnons and the biggest insult of all- Worse than Philly fans!!!

Well then, I shall show myself to the exit now...

nitric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandBrownBear View Post
So what I got from reading this thread over here is that Montreal players and fans alike don't care about the rivalry and find the Leafs to be their true rival. And then I found a multitude of comments about how much everyone hates the Bruins and their fans and they are classless, goons, are vastly inferior to the Habs, have low IQ's, are cro-magnons and the biggest insult of all- Worse than Philly fans!!!

What I got from this post is that you didn't actually read this thread.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
nitric
German Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
What I got from this post is that you didn't actually read this thread.
lol, i read the whole thread. I can multiquote all of the things i mentioned, but thought that would be more obnoxious than my original post, being that i'm a Bruins fan on the MTL board.

Old
09-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Bob Cole

Quote:

of course people here hate the Bruins more since the Leafs have been irrevelant for quite a while and the fact that seems we play boston every year in the playoffs. But all it takes is one playoff matchup.

Ive been to a Bruins and Leafs Saturday night game at the Bell Center, and the atmosphere and electricity in the air was much better for the Leafs game. Go watch the video in the 2nd post again, players also seem to think that Toronto-Mtl is much bigger than Boston-Mtl

Last edited by Bob Cole: 09-13-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 01:49 PM
nitric
German Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
of course people here hate the Bruins more since the Leafs have been irrevelant for quite a while and the fact that seems we play boston every year in the playoffs. But all it takes is one playoff matchup.

Ive been to watch a Bruins and Leafs Saturday night game at the Bell Center, and the atmosphere and electricity in the air was much better for the Leafs game. Go watch the video in the 2nd post again, players also seem to think that Toronto-Mtl is much bigger than Boston-Mtl
Oh, I agree. I am a Bruins fan who really doesn't care much about the "rivalry". I only care about the Canadiens when we are playing in the playoffs otherwise i personally dont care. I was just laughing at the comments being thrown around, the cro-magnon one esp. lol

Old
09-13-2011, 02:16 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

My comment about IQ was about the Philly crowd in the arena. A lot of em are just garbage. Much like the hooligan group that started the Vancouver riot. None of that is directed at Boston.

And most said that Boston vs Montreal is more interesting, but due to proximity and age, Toronto vs Montreal is still big. The players on the other hand.. I don't think they care that much. Nowhere near the way fans do.

The comment about Boston living in Montreal's shadow... well, it's true. They weren't really inferior, but the resentment towards Montreal's successful history has been strong. Just ask Sour Grapes.