HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Selanne vs Hejduk vs Purcel

Old
09-12-2011, 10:33 AM
wallbanger

vCash: 500
Selanne vs Hejduk vs Purcel

Keeper league, salary cap, standard yahoo categories (goals,assists,pims +-, shots)

Who do i keep

Purcel - $2.6M
hejduk - $2.6M
Selanne - ??? Sounds like hes gonna give the knee a go, see what happens at camp

Im leaning towards Sellanne

Thanks

wallbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Legendary319

I would go with Hejduk actually...Av's top 6 with one of Stastny or Duchene..plus both on top PP unit he should at least go 30G-low 60's with plenty of upside on top of that. Selanne has been productive due to mental fitness and skating ability and his knee issue takes a knock into both those aspects plus to keep Selanne on top PP unit over Ryan despite any appreciable level of drop in his play doesn't make sense to ANA with how good Ryan is so I wouldn't exactly say Selanne is a sure thing to even hit 60pts should he play next season. I really would go with Hejduk as he will be quite good and has minimal to contest him on the wing in COL. Landeskog won't be relied upon too heavily for pure offense and Mueller even if he's healthy and productive will still be playing the point on the PP which leaves Hejduk down low to create magic and cash in on the playmaking ability of Duchene and Stastny. Hejduk is the smart call

Legendary319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary319 View Post
I would go with Hejduk actually...Av's top 6 with one of Stastny or Duchene..plus both on top PP unit he should at least go 30G-low 60's with plenty of upside on top of that. Selanne has been productive due to mental fitness and skating ability and his knee issue takes a knock into both those aspects plus to keep Selanne on top PP unit over Ryan despite any appreciable level of drop in his play doesn't make sense to ANA with how good Ryan is so I wouldn't exactly say Selanne is a sure thing to even hit 60pts should he play next season. I really would go with Hejduk as he will be quite good and has minimal to contest him on the wing in COL. Landeskog won't be relied upon too heavily for pure offense and Mueller even if he's healthy and productive will still be playing the point on the PP which leaves Hejduk down low to create magic and cash in on the playmaking ability of Duchene and Stastny. Hejduk is the smart call
Hejduk has only scored 30 goals and 60pts once in the past 7 years! Considering his age and the fact that his games played and point totals have been slowly falling, he wouldn't be the ideal choice. You're pumping him up way too much. I'd take Selanne 10 times out of 10, even with a bum knee he's worth the risk.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

It's a keeper league. No way I pick either Selanne or Hejduk in such a setup.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 05:03 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
It's a keeper league. No way I pick either Selanne or Hejduk in such a setup.
Exactly. Unless you're going for it all immediately, Purcell is the only choice.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Legendary319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Hejduk has only scored 30 goals and 60pts once in the past 7 years! Considering his age and the fact that his games played and point totals have been slowly falling, he wouldn't be the ideal choice. You're pumping him up way too much. I'd take Selanne 10 times out of 10, even with a bum knee he's worth the risk.
Yea and he's scored at 60+ pace 7 out of 7 years plus is the Av's top gun on the W presently and has one of Duchene and Stastny to play with Ev and both PP to boost his numbers. Very reasonably goes 30G-60 no problem this season. Selanne I doubt even comes back as he clearly has legitimate reservations in doing so otherwise he wouldn't have been waiting well into September to make a decision. Selanne is an injury case and a half himself and Selanne can easily be usurped on the PP by Ryan this season to where his fantasy value is shot...assuming again he even comes back at all. Much rather go with Hejduk. Purcell would be my second choice as either him or Malone will land a top PP role alongside Stamkos-Lecavalier-and St.Louis which when coupled with top 6 minute will tread him into 60's territory...plus he'll have much more longevity. If he's in win now mode Hejduk is the smartest option...if he can't make a run at it this season then Purcell.

Legendary319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Exactly. Unless you're going for it all immediately, Purcell is the only choice.
Yeah there is no guarantee hejduk or we Anne play next year. Purcell is the obvious choice

Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote