HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pominville says he's ahead of schedule

Old
09-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Pominville says he's ahead of schedule

Quote:
With training camp set to open next week, Pominville, who was injured April 22, said he’s “able to do everything” again. He’s just waiting to be cleared to play. Pominville believes he’s ahead of the four-to-six month recovery timetable.
Quote:
“I’m capable of doing any type of workout, any skate, any battle,” said Pominville, who sports a scar several inches long just above his left ankle.
Quote:
The doctor soon told Pominville he was lucky. While the tendon was sliced 100 percent, the Achilles was spared. An MRI the next day revealed he would need surgery.
Pretty good article. Lots of little details about Poms and the injury.

http://niagara-gazette.com/prosports...ad-of-schedule

Last edited by Mit Yarrum: 09-07-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Helps to put the link lol
Mit Yarrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 01:06 PM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

vCash: 500
one of the Pegula's posted on their youtube channel of him scrimmaging with the team, so he should be good to go by the time the regular season starts. (if not sooner)

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Sabretip

From same article:

Quote:
Then, in late July, Pominville’s wife gave birth to a girl, Kaylee, the couple’s second child. They also have a son, Jayden, who was born in 2009.

In addition to that excitement, Pominville’s giddy about the $70 million the Sabres spent on new players this offseason. When he got back to Buffalo last week, he immediately noticed the anticipation and electricity surrounding the team.

“Not only the players, but the city’s excited,” Pominville said. “Guys are showing up early (to skate). New additions to the team are great. This should be a good year. It’s going to be a lot of fun. Winning is fun, and we got to get back to those habits. I think the organization has done everything they could to put the best team on the ice possible, and we got to respond.”

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Jason being ready ahead of schedule is a good thing. Not only for him, for the team and their chemistry but I would imagine for our cap situation because we won't have to carry one of the guys we are all presuming will be playing in Rochester as a "just in case Jason isn't ready".

I also didn't know he had a 2nd child. Very cool.

Mike McDermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:40 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Yes, good to hear! On a related note (sorta) when is the last possible day we can be over the salary cap? How much time until we absolutely must move Morrisonn and Kotalik salaries?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 06:35 AM
rabi

I believe it's 5pm the night before the start of the season...

So, that would make it October 5....

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 09:47 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

Another article about his status for camp, and a bit of captaincy talk:

Quote:
Pominville admits it was a long process, "I was in a cast for 2.5 weeks, then in a walking boot for four weeks, but I couldn't walk on it. I could take it off to sleep or take a shower. Then once that came off I was able to walk with crutches a little bit. I would say at the middle or end of June I was able to put the skates for the first time and just do something really light, nothing crazy, then I took a week off. The first time it didn't really feel that good, but as it went along after a week off it felt so much better and then it started progressing really, really quick and I was able to get back to what I usually do."

Quote:
With the Sabres having such a high payroll comes high expectations. Pominville is ready for the pressure, "That's OK, you want to be at the top, you want to be one of the best teams and have a chance to compete for the big prize. This year is a year where we're looking high, we want to climb and we want to be higher than we were in the past and it's a good year to do it because we definitely have the personnel."

Quote:
Lindy Ruff needs to pick a captain before they face the Ducks in Finland. Pominville will be in consideration and he said, "It's not my focus. I'm not worried about that and I don't think anyone should be worried about that. Whoever gets named, they'll be named because of what he's done. If I do get named, I would take it and it would be an honor, but if not, I'm going to keep doing what I do and keep leading in the way I know I'm capable of. You have a letter for a reason and just do what you know you can do to help the team"

http://wgr550.com/Sabres-Pominville-...-camp/10848867

CelticSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Cirris

vCash: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
This news definitely seals Kotalik's fate as he will most likely be sent back to the minors.

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 12:07 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirris View Post
This news definitely seals Kotalik's fate as he will most likely be sent back to the minors.
Agreed. writing is on the wall..

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Recovery was initially pegged at 4-6 months and Pominville easily beat that timetable. He's been in town skating and expects to get his medical clearance for training camp on Friday. The players hit the ice Saturday in the Northtown Center of Amherst.

"I don't think there will be any issue," Pominville said Monday at Park Country Club prior to the team's annual alumni golf tournament. "I'm capable of doing everything I was able to do before the injury and I feel back to normal.
Quote:
Meanwhile, center Derek Roy also said he's ready for camp. Roy played in Game Seven at Philadelphia but it was his first game in more than four months due to a torn quad and he was understandably limited. But he said his condition improved every day and he was prepared to keep playing had the Sabres won.

"The doctors told me to take a few weeks off after the season to rest it because there had been a lot of trauma to the area," Roy said. "But I took the rest and was able to get back to regular summer workouts and I don't feel it all.

"It's 100 percent back to normal. It's a tough injury, not normally hockey-related."
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle554609.ece

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote