HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Something is new at the Bell Center... Bell Centre questions

Old
09-03-2011, 07:55 PM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Doesn't look that bad from that angle

It looks way too white :\

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:09 AM
billsan101

Bell Centre Food

Quick question, does anyone know..

When do the food stands close? Is it after the 2nd intermission/during the 3rd period?
Also, do they open at the same time as the centre itself (1.5 hours prior to games)?

Duly appreciated.

billsan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
It looks way too white :\
Give it one practice or game and it will be light grey.. ITS FRESH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsan101 View Post
Quick question, does anyone know..

When do the food stands close? Is it after the 2nd intermission/during the 3rd period?
Also, do they open at the same time as the centre itself (1.5 hours prior to games)?

Duly appreciated.
The food stand (most of them) are open from when the doors open. They usually close 5 minutes before the 3rd.. but I usually see atleast one open till the end.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:15 AM
billsan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
The food stand (most of them) are open from when the doors open. They usually close 5 minutes before the 3rd.. but I usually see atleast one open till the end.
thanks bro!

Old
09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Gary320

Quote:
thanks bro!
I know the first part is a fact. Most stands are open (not all) atleast 1 hour before game time. However, I'm not sure of when they close.. I'd say 5-10 mins before the end..

Old
09-13-2011, 11:22 AM
billsan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I know the first part is a fact. Most stands are open (not all) atleast 1 hour before game time. However, I'm not sure of when they close.. I'd say 5-10 mins before the end..
Yea, good enough, hopefully most-way through the 2nd intermission. I was just curious as I have club ticks and wanted to plan stuff out efficiently

Old
09-13-2011, 11:30 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Yea, good enough, hopefully most-way through the 2nd intermission. I was just curious as I have club ticks and wanted to plan stuff out efficiently
Same here hence why I was interested in the answers.

Seriously though I think by the third period I'll already be fine.

What is and isn't free at club level anyways? I'm guessing beer isn't

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Gary320

When I get club seats. I'm usually full by the 1st intermission >_>

Old
09-13-2011, 11:34 AM
billsan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Same here hence why I was interested in the answers.

Seriously though I think by the third period I'll already be fine.

What is and isn't free at club level anyways? I'm guessing beer isn't
All food/non-alcoholic drinks is apparently free.
Food is basically everything from, smoke meat, hot-dogs, nachos, fries, ice cream, popcorn, etc..

Old
09-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Stephen23

Bell Centre Question

Hi Guys. Sorry if this creates an unnecessary thread for you, but my cousin and I will be flying in to watch the October 22nd Leafs-Habs game (Be gentle, we are just there to watch ). We have seats in the 400s section. Are these relatively decent seats? I know they are pretty high up, but I was just curious. Thanks.

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 08:04 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen23 View Post
Hi Guys. Sorry if this creates an unnecessary thread for you, but my cousin and I will be flying in to watch the October 22nd Leafs-Habs game (Be gentle, we are just there to watch ). We have seats in the 400s section. Are these relatively decent seats? I know they are pretty high up, but I was just curious. Thanks.
Hate to break it to you dude but you're in for on hell of a night

Any seat in the bell center imo is good even the 400s behind the press box with the somewhat obscured view aren't really bad at all. Just not my preferred area. (30% of the blues I'd say are behind it)

Anyways you'll be pretty high up if you're in the 400s and will be heckled pretty badly but 99.9% in good fun. You should be relatively safe though my buddy is a leafs fan and one time when he was leaving after a leafs victory (was a bad game for us) as he was walking down the stairs to exit the bell center some ****** bag threw a full drink at him and his sister. It splashed mostly on my friend and they didn't see who did it. All they saw really was a sea of red walking down behind them.

The kinds of pathetic stuff people will do when they have total anonymity disgusts me A friend of my girlfriends was also walking down the street in a leafs jersey one time and some guy chucked a beer bottle at him from outside the window of a bus!

Point is you should be fine but there are *******s anywhere you go. They make up a small minority but just keep your wits and have a good time and if something unfortunate happens it happens. The odds are pretty slim but now and then an idiot can act like... well... an idiot. We have them everywhere and I know a friend who had issues down in Philadelphia a few years back too. Sports fans can be a little stupid at time after the game when they're drunk.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Stephen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Hate to break it to you dude but you're in for on hell of a night

Any seat in the bell center imo is good even the 400s behind the press box with the somewhat obscured view aren't really bad at all. Just not my preferred area. (30% of the blues I'd say are behind it)

Anyways you'll be pretty high up if you're in the 400s and will be heckled pretty badly but 99.9% in good fun. You should be relatively safe though my buddy is a leafs fan and one time when he was leaving after a leafs victory (was a bad game for us) as he was walking down the stairs to exit the bell center some ****** bag threw a full drink at him and his sister. It splashed mostly on my friend and they didn't see who did it. All they saw really was a sea of red walking down behind them.

The kinds of pathetic stuff people will do when they have total anonymity disgusts me A friend of my girlfriends was also walking down the street in a leafs jersey one time and some guy chucked a beer bottle at him from outside the window of a bus!

Point is you should be fine but there are *******s anywhere you go. They make up a small minority but just keep your wits and have a good time and if something unfortunate happens it happens. The odds are pretty slim but now and then an idiot can act like... well... an idiot. We have them everywhere and I know a friend who had issues down in Philadelphia a few years back too. Sports fans can be a little stupid at time after the game when they're drunk.
Thanks for the advise. We are in the very front row of one of the 400s sections. I don't think we were planning on dressing up anyways, indicating we are leaf fans though . We went to Ottawa last year and knew half the building was going to be Leaf fans so we had no problem with the leaf gear at that game. I'm pretty respectful when it comes to Montreal fans though (My two brothers are Habs Fans).

But glad to hear that the seats are decent. I figured it was a good seat/view anywhere. Had to ask though because at the Metro Centre here in Halifax, the higher seats aren't as generous in terms of your view. To the point where, if you are at the top, the ice or half of the ice surface is blocked from your view (they added on luxury boxes at a later date which caused this). Thanks again.

Cheers and good luck this season.

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:33 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen23 View Post
Not a bad seat in the house...the 400's is high up there though...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:43 PM
DJ Breadman

Looks amazing, love it

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:19 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

I don't understand people saying that there isn't a bad seat in the house considering the pressbox which blocks the view to the scoreboard and to the crowd in sections 318-320 and 418-420. These seats are definitively not good. Here is a view from section 419, as you can see you can't see the player benches nor the scoreboard, you have to watch through a crack between the pressbox and the seats: http://www.rateyourseats.com/showrat...section_id=419

I've been to Boston, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Carolina, Tampa and Florida, and none of their arenas had such a bad design except MSG which also has limited view seats.

Last edited by La Grosse Tendresse: 09-20-2011 at 04:26 PM.
La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:35 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grosse Tendresse View Post
I don't understand people saying that there isn't a bad seat in the house considering the pressbox which blocks the view to the scoreboard and to the crowd in sections 318-320 and 418-420. These seats are definitively not good. Here is a view from section 419, as you can see you can't see the player benches nor the scoreboard, you have to watch through a crack between the pressbox and the seats: http://www.rateyourseats.com/showrat...section_id=419

I've been to Boston, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Carolina, Tampa and Florida, and none of their arenas had such a bad design except MSG which also has limited view seats.
The section you show, 419 still has a great view of the ice, which is where you should be looking...not the benches etc.

I have sat in the nosebleeds a couple of times, including the very back row of the building, and you are correct, there are certain things can't be seen, but not the play on the ice, there is a clear view from everywhere to see the play...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Woland

I've been in the last row many times and I a huge fans of those because you can just stand up and not have to deal with anyone behind you.

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 05:42 PM
HabbyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Has Molson done anything to address the seamless glass at the Bell center?
yes the have.

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...1174&id=123898

HabbyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:03 PM
thewall

Question about Bell Centre Seatings and Tickets!

Hey guys.. as a die hard Habs fan I'll be travelling 13 hours to go see the Habs for their home opener on the 13th. I will also be attending the game on saturday against the Avalanche. I have a question about seating sections at the Bell Centre. I bought my Home Opener ticket via Stubhub. I paid 70 bucks to be seated in the 400. I printed my ticket and realize i was in a 16 and under section. Will I be able to stay in my seat? I guess there will be no beers alowed in that section also.

I'd love to have more info about that seating section.
How is the few from up there??
Thanks.

thewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 03:58 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i once watched a sabres game at the bell at centre ice...up in the 400s, last possible row against the wall above the press box. sick view, video game style. you can definately see everything happening and really watch how teams cycle pucks and change up.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabbyGuy View Post
man , that girl is just way to hot .....unreal

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:19 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
She looks like Darche.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:23 PM
knuck
On and off fan

rofl, I didn't notice last night on TV and I didn't notice live tonight

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:27 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
You don't really live in Montreal, do you?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:53 PM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You don't really live in Montreal, do you?
Left and right. They're everywhere

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote