HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Fedorov for Balej? Good or Bad?

View Poll Results: Was Fedor Fedorov for Josef Balej a good deal for the Rangers?
Yes, Fedorov can flourish as a Ranger due to the change of scenery 44 49.44%
No, Fedorov will remain the same person with a poor attitude and won't even make the Rangers team 45 50.56%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Block More Shots

vCash: 500
Fedorov for Balej? Good or Bad?

Just wanted to see how everyone felt about this deal. As we all know, Balej never really took off with the Rangers but neither has Fedorov with the Canucks. So tell me, was this a good deal for the Rangers?

Old
10-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Block More Shots

I think that Fedorov can become an impact player in the future for the Rangers. And even if he doesn't, the Rangers needed to take a shot on someone. Balej wasn't proving himself and we do know of the skill Fedorov has. If he just gets his act together and performs well, we just stole another solid prospect from another team (first being Hossa, then Fedorov).

Old
10-09-2005, 10:05 PM
otto1219

two assists in his first game in hartford sounds pretty good, balej we gave a chance and he couldnt cut it, who knows maybe federov will shock everyone. he is still soo young.

Old
10-09-2005, 10:16 PM
NYRangers

Indifferent. Two life AHLers IMO.

Old
10-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Seriously. There is no option for the way i feel about this deal.

Old
10-09-2005, 10:28 PM
in the hall

indifferent

and how can we possibly answer this

Old
10-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Block More Shots

It seemed that people felt strongly on either Fedorov being a bad deal or a good deal. Guess I should've considered putting in an "Indifferent" option.

I understand you can't answer this because nobody can really answer this question. Nobody can tell what will happen to Balej and Fedorov at this point. It was simply done to see the opinions of everyone.

If you feel indifferent, you can just post here and it'll be taken as that.

Old
10-09-2005, 11:10 PM
shoothepuck

Fedorov is worth a chance. He has the size and skill that Balej dosn't and hopefully in NY he will grow up and put it all together.

Old
10-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
It seemed that people felt strongly on either Fedorov being a bad deal or a good deal. Guess I should've considered putting in an "Indifferent" option.

I understand you can't answer this because nobody can really answer this question. Nobody can tell what will happen to Balej and Fedorov at this point. It was simply done to see the opinions of everyone.

If you feel indifferent, you can just post here and it'll be taken as that.
Actually, the problem is in your wording.

For example, I think that this is a good (read smart) deal no matter how it turns out. We're trading a guy who couldn't make the team out of a training camp where he was all but guaranteed a spot for a guy who has size and skill and just needs to put it together. It became increasingly obvious over the last year that Balej was not going to do that here, so we got some potential for him.

However, putting "Fedorov will flourish in NY" on the yes option means that the yes option no longer applies to me. Yeah, I voted for it anyway, but I only chose it because of the "yes" part.

Old
10-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Fletch

Too early to tell..

I've never see Fedorov play. It's likely good because Balej, I don't think, was going to cut it, nor was he going to be given a chance to cut it.

Old
10-10-2005, 08:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Given the choices and wording of each choice I went with no. There is more of a chance that Fedorov's attitude does not change and the Rangers are still giving up a draft pick.

Old
10-10-2005, 09:29 AM
CrookedRain

The only thing that makes this an iffy deal is the Rangers' inclusion of a 5th rounder.

Balej has some skill and some speed but he also has a bum knee and with Prucha coming over and people like Dubinsky, Korpikosky and Dawes waiting in the wings, the Rangers had enough small forwards to justify shipping one out for a larger player who may or may not have the necessary skillset to compete in the NHL.

Right now the deal is a crapshoot on both sides. I just wish it were a straight up deal rather than send away a 5th rounder.

Old
10-10-2005, 09:29 AM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Agreed. Plus neither one will be given a chance to play regularly here.

Old
10-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Edge

Two games later we're looking for a definite one way or the other answer? I dont think that's a fair question.

I think right now it's a wash and the odds are in history its a wash unless something changes.

I think Fedorov has the higher ceiling but in a trade of this type and when the pick is a fifth rounder, i just really don't think this is a huge deal.

I'd say neither, but under the circumstances I would have made the trade.

Closed Thread