HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OFFICIAL 2011/12 Avatar Claim Thread! READ FIRST POST

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2011, 08:51 AM
  #151
plong123
Litebrite Stinger
 
plong123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Stretchrunston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Ok, I am having a problem with mine... Probably an extremely obvious solution for those computer Wizards here, but how do I make it actually go back and forth between images? It seems to be stuck with the one.

Thanks in advance.
You need to open the avatar as it is shown in this thread in a new window, and copy the image address. Then paste that image address into your avatar change screen of your User CP screen. If that doesn't make sense (and, reading through what I just wrote, it might not, shoot me a PM for more detailed instructions.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:54 AM
  #152
plong123
Litebrite Stinger
 
plong123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Stretchrunston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
OK, Computer Gurus, can someone tell me why my av is cleaned up and looks better on our board than on the mains? While you're at it, I'm still wondering how to get Pete up to Sponsor size.


Edit: never mind about the difference between boards, that seems to be resolved. Still wondering about the avatar size question, though.
Pete, you would have to re-make the avatar in the larger size. There's no good way to enlarge an animated gif without making it look terrible. Did you make that avatar yourself?

If you want, I can put those pictures into the avatar theme and make it A Call to Pete...? (If we can find the source photos you used)

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:27 AM
  #153
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."
 
CBJSprague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 52mi from the Nat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Anyone up for....

"A Call to the Jerk Store"?

I didn't think about it before, but Skraut could've used a clip of Foote in his Call to Arms video when the line "Were you ever a trai-tor?" was sung?

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:19 AM
  #154
cydawg
#DefendNWA
 
cydawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gahanna, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidAcbj View Post
Thanks a lot, man. It looks great!!

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:33 AM
  #155
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Pete, you would have to re-make the avatar in the larger size. There's no good way to enlarge an animated gif without making it look terrible. Did you make that avatar yourself?

If you want, I can put those pictures into the avatar theme and make it A Call to Pete...? (If we can find the source photos you used)
Yes, I made it myself and it took three days! Very kind of you to offer to make a new one for me; but, after wasting that much time on it, I guess I'll stick with the half-assed product for which I'm so well-known! I really don't want to go back and give it another try, so I'll forgo the sponsor priviledge of a larger avatar. Besides, Ol' Pete looks frightening enough at that size, I'd hate to have him scaring the children on here in the larger size!

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 12:28 PM
  #156
BJFan1
Registered User
 
BJFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Thanks! Love it :-D

Edit***
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
You need to open the avatar as it is shown in this thread in a new window, and copy the image address. Then paste that image address into your avatar change screen of your User CP screen. If that doesn't make sense (and, reading through what I just wrote, it might not, shoot me a PM for more detailed instructions.
I tried this method and it tells me 'Invalid Image', also tried saving file as a .gif and uploading it that way and it sits on the first image... I still can't get the image to change. Help???


Looking more into it, the file size is 20.8 KB. HFBoards says it can't be over 20KB... would that be an issue?


Last edited by BJFan1: 09-13-2011 at 12:50 PM.
BJFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 12:42 PM
  #157
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Did my avatar get overlooked? I was on the first page, so I'm not sure if I got passed up. That happened to me last year ... is there something you guys are trying to tell me?

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 04:27 PM
  #158
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,825
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Guess it's up to me to sing Howson's praises again...




Nice to see that Dex is getting some love, tho. He was going to be my first choice otherwise - in fact, I've still got a pic ready for anyone else who might be interested in supporting him (at http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/origi...18-23-1-39.jpg)

Also, in case you were wondering, am holding off on actually adopting the above ACTAav for a few days more 'cause, y'know, Loko.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 04:45 PM
  #159
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
I didn't think about it before, but Skraut could've used a clip of Foote in his Call to Arms video when the line "Were you ever a trai-tor?" was sung?
I actually had the clip in there for a period of time, but as much as I dislike everything Foote, I wanted to keep it about the present players, not the past.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:24 PM
  #160
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Guess it's up to me to sing Howson's praises again...




Nice to see that Dex is getting some love, tho. He was going to be my first choice otherwise - in fact, I've still got a pic ready for anyone else who might be interested in supporting him (at http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/origi...18-23-1-39.jpg)

Also, in case you were wondering, am holding off on actually adopting the above ACTAav for a few days more 'cause, y'know, Loko.
Count me in on the Howson fan bus, FWIW. If you want to use a different avatar, I'll gladly rock the Howson wagon ... you know, take one for the team

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 07:48 PM
  #161
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
Did my avatar get overlooked? I was on the first page, so I'm not sure if I got passed up. That happened to me last year ... is there something you guys are trying to tell me?
I was wondering the same thing. LOL
This is a volunteer effort, so I'll be happy to get what I get when I get it.

EDIT: I went the do-it-yourself route too.


Last edited by leesmith: 09-13-2011 at 11:18 PM.
leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:31 PM
  #162
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,754
vCash: 500
I went ahead and made mine:


JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:57 PM
  #163
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I was wondering the same thing. LOL
This is a volunteer effort, so I'll be happy to get what I get when I get it.
Absolutely. I'm not trying to rush anyone, I just don't want to get left out!

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:58 PM
  #164
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa
 
kidAcbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CBUS
Country: United States
Posts: 3,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
Absolutely. I'm not trying to rush anyone, I just don't want to get left out!
Oops! Coming right up!

Must have scrolled right through it.

kidAcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:10 PM
  #165
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa
 
kidAcbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CBUS
Country: United States
Posts: 3,248
vCash: 500
Here's a bunch more. Gonna try to catch up tomorrow night if I can.

GoChiefsGo
"A Call to Skill"

http://hfboards.com/picture.php?albu...pictureid=8169

CBJ Tiffin
"A Call to Score"

http://hfboards.com/picture.php?albu...pictureid=8167

Gangefan924
"A Call to the All Star"

http://hfboards.com/picture.php?albu...pictureid=8161

CBJSprague24
"A Call to Defend"

http://hfboards.com/album.php?albumi...pictureid=8165

IBleedUnionBlue
"A Call to Carry the Flag"

http://hfboards.com/picture.php?albu...pictureid=8163

kidAcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:27 PM
  #166
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
I went ahead and made mine:

Very nice, JFW!

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:31 PM
  #167
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,362
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Love the Avatar theme...

I'm not trying to sell books but this theme reminded me of a new book about Ohio's actual involvement in the Civil War.. A good read and nominated for the Pulitzer Prize in American History.

http://www.amazon.com/Longest-Raid-C.../dp/0967026709

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:38 PM
  #168
CBJ Tiffin
Registered User
 
CBJ Tiffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
Thanks Kid! Came out better than I expected. Much appreciated.

Do you know a good tutorial that I can use to figure out how to make these?

CBJ Tiffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:43 PM
  #169
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Love the Avatar theme...

I'm not trying to sell books but this theme reminded me of a new book about Ohio's actual involvement in the Civil War.. A good read and nominated for the Pulitzer Prize in American History.

http://www.amazon.com/Longest-Raid-C.../dp/0967026709
Thanks, Robert, I'll look into it.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:56 PM
  #170
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner
 
The Four Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Still waiting (patiently) for mine. I was thinking, would the image meant for the foreground would be better served as a background pic, since it's a black with low lighting and it'd be against the sepia-toned background of these avatars? Or would that matter?

The Four Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 12:07 AM
  #171
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidAcbj View Post
Oops! Coming right up!

Must have scrolled right through it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidAcbj View Post
Thank you, sir! No problem on the delay - I figured it was a simple mistake. It really came out nice - very well done.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 12:07 AM
  #172
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,362
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Thanks, Robert, I'll look into it.
In a similar way to David McCullough's writings, this book is a living history into Ohio's limited firsthand experience with the Civil War..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 12:09 AM
  #173
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."
 
CBJSprague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 52mi from the Nat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidAcbj View Post
Great job, kidAcbj!

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:37 AM
  #174
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Thanks again for the awesome avatar kidAcbj!

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:32 PM
  #175
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,825
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Yes, I made it myself and it took three days! Very kind of you to offer to make a new one for me; but, after wasting that much time on it, I guess I'll stick with the half-assed product for which I'm so well-known! I really don't want to go back and give it another try, so I'll forgo the sponsor priviledge of a larger avatar. Besides, Ol' Pete looks frightening enough at that size, I'd hate to have him scaring the children on here in the larger size!
I have decided to accept the challenge anyways. Because, y'know, because.





Incientally, I just noticed that the flag in the second frame of the ones I've done is a tad off (seems slightly oversaturated comparatively). I'm chalking that up to the fact that I don't actually use Photoshop. Oh well.


EDIT: Whoops. Wrong size. Fixed now.


Last edited by Viqsi: 09-14-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.