HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MSG Season Tickets & Relocation *PART 2*

Old
09-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Giacomin

vCash: 500
Nice Job! I have some friends that work for MSG and they were telling me last week they had some singles in the 300,s which they were trying to match up and piggyback. It is great to get your foot in the door and tickets are going to sell well this year as the team is getting better,less seats and a larger amount of weekend games plus the good possibility of Winter Classic seat access.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:32 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
Nice Job! I have some friends that work for MSG and they were telling me last week they had some singles in the 300,s which they were trying to match up and piggyback. It is great to get your foot in the door and tickets are going to sell well this year as the team is getting better,less seats and a larger amount of weekend games plus the good possibility of Winter Classic seat access.
yeah id figure this would be the quickest way in the door. i was only nervous about selling tix as a piggyback but it sounds like it wont be too bad. so much stuff going on this year should be a great season fellas!

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:41 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
just got off the phone with my rep and im very excited to announce that im finally a proud season ticket holder for the first time. that just got me pumped 100x more for the season.
Congrats!! All of us HFers should meet before the games and grab a drink or two!

09-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Congrats!! All of us HFers should meet before the games and grab a drink or two!
It would be nice if we could organize something for before some of the "Big games" maybe every 2 or 3 weeks. A big part of the Garden Experience is having a few cold ones before the game.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:16 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
It would be nice if we could organize something for before some of the "Big games" maybe every 2 or 3 weeks. A big part of the Garden Experience is having a few cold ones before the game.
definitely.. maybe we can organize for the 2nd home game against ottawa? i know opening night would be ideal but it could be hectic

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:19 PM
NYRKING30

im deff down for a hfrangers meet up anytime!! i feel like a little kid today im beyond excited lol.

Old
09-13-2011, 09:22 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
328 seat 5 in row e and d.. me and my friend had to get 2 different rows bc there was no 2 seats together. the rep called it "piggyback". we will be dirrectly behind/infront of another. now the ? i ask is will i have a hard time selling the tickets on ticketexchange,hf etc etc? i would hope so lol.
I was a staunch ticketexchange guy in 09-10, until I realized games I was lucky to get face value on TE I could get face + $10 on stubhub. I don't know what it is: the marketing, the public sentiment? Stubhub easily gets on average 10%- 20% more for the same games.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:25 PM
NYRKING30

on the invoice it asks which benefit package would i like to receive. should i get the lifer package or entertainment package? i looked on the website and only see info for family and lifer. does anybody have any info on the entertainment package?

Old
09-13-2011, 09:29 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I was a staunch ticketexchange guy in 09-10, until I realized games I was lucky to get face value on TE I could get face + $10 on stubhub. I don't know what it is: the marketing, the public sentiment? Stubhub easily gets on average 10%- 20% more for the same games.
well i meant i was worried selling tix through those markets because my tickets are piggyback. im not sure if people online buy piggyback individuals like that. that was my concern. so i thought i would have to sell more tix to people i know instead of TE or stubhub. does anybody think ill have trouble selling piggybacks on ticket exchange and others mentioned?

Old
09-13-2011, 09:37 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
well i meant i was worried selling tix through those markets because my tickets are piggyback. im not sure if people online buy piggyback individuals like that. that was my concern. so i thought i would have to sell more tix to people i know instead of TE or stubhub. does anybody think ill have trouble selling piggybacks on ticket exchange and others mentioned?
No problem with the piggyback - as far as my case is concerned I have 2 tickets, or half a piggyback. I would guess you would get two separate buyers of 2 each more times than not.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:50 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
No problem with the piggyback - as far as my case is concerned I have 2 tickets, or half a piggyback. I would guess you would get two separate buyers of 2 each more times than not.
your 2 tickets aren't next to each other? is that what half a piggyback is? whatever works it doesn't matter im just gonna ask for face. 2400 is too much for me to attend all 41 although i wish i could.

Old
09-13-2011, 10:20 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Meet at Rosas pizza in Penn Station before the game! $4 = 32oz domestic.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:34 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
that place was mint before game 4 and way more needed after game 4

Old
09-13-2011, 10:38 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Oh the days I spent there in high school....

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 11:39 AM
RangersSTH
Rookie User

Hey guys, I'm trying to find other season ticket holders who got the old bait and switch from the Rangers. My seats last year were in the corner 300's, and they told me at the end of the season that my section would be closed for half the season, so they put me in the 200's at the same price ($59).

Now the Rangers are screwing me and saying I won't get those 200 level seats because my 300-level section is going to be open "after all". The problem is, I presold many of those games on stubhub and I'm going to get slapped with a bunch of fines.

Anyways that shouldn't matter, because the Rangers made a deal with me, in writing, and they should have to live up to it. My rep is even giving me a whole lot of BS about how I'm confused and it wasn't a sure thing for those 200-level seats (which is a 100% lie I have the paperwork to prove it).

Anyways, long story short, I know there are many others in my situation and we can get them to do the right thing if we band together. If anyone else here was promised lower level seats and then had them wrongfully taken back, please PM me

RangersSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
sbjnyc

Quote:
It's not so cut and dried. Stubhub keeps 15% of what you charge and TE only keeps 5%. If you sell 30 tickets for $60 each that's a $180 difference. But stubhub pays you within a few days while TE keeps the money until your next invoice payment.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
It's not so cut and dried. Stubhub keeps 15% of what you charge and TE only keeps 5%. If you sell 30 tickets for $60 each that's a $180 difference. But stubhub pays you within a few days while TE keeps the money until your next invoice payment.
But do a lot of people buy from TE? Last year, I listed my tickets for sale on both TE and Stubhub, with prices lower on TE because of the fee difference. I sold one game through TE, and everything else through Stubhub. I might not bother with TE this year if other people report similar stories.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersSTH View Post

Hey guys, I'm trying to find other season ticket holders who got the old bait and switch from the Rangers. My seats last year were in the corner 300's, and they told me at the end of the season that my section would be closed for half the season, so they put me in the 200's at the same price ($59).

Now the Rangers are screwing me and saying I won't get those 200 level seats because my 300-level section is going to be open "after all". The problem is, I presold many of those games on stubhub and I'm going to get slapped with a bunch of fines.

Anyways that shouldn't matter, because the Rangers made a deal with me, in writing, and they should have to live up to it. My rep is even giving me a whole lot of BS about how I'm confused and it wasn't a sure thing for those 200-level seats (which is a 100% lie I have the paperwork to prove it).

Anyways, long story short, I know there are many others in my situation and we can get them to do the right thing if we band together. If anyone else here was promised lower level seats and then had them wrongfully taken back, please PM me

I think you may have a problem.

I don't remember exactly how that offer was phrased, but I seem to recall that the actual tickets would still have the original face value of $59.00 on them with the section, row and seats of the 300 level season ticket plan. The idea I think was that during the temporary period they would be good for that 200 level location until around mid-January, but you were not going to be issued 200 level tickets.

Over the summer I got offered to move to a "better" 300 level section (more towards center) that was not part of the temporary move, and so the choice was take the move to a slightly better permanant location, which I took but gave up the 200 level temporary move. Obviously, I'm happy with my choice now they have decided they don't have to do the temp move afterall. Frankly, it wreaked of "too good to be true" from the gitgo.

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 09-14-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: not to now
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:16 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
I'm at Roses every night before gametime! Best Pizza in Penn by far

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:43 PM
jdgtep

So for what its worth I have been a half-season sub in the 300s for the past 2 season (so not much seniority). I got a call today from my ticket rep and he said there are no more half-seasons left in the 300s. wanted me to get 200 lvl for $103 per game (which I cant afford). also said that there are unlikely to be any 300 or 400 mini-plans (unclear if that was for me or for everyone). told me to keep my seniority I need to buy a 200 lvl mini-plan. not happy. oh well. I'll pick up below face games off CL.

jdgtep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:54 PM
RangersSTH
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I think you may have a problem.
I have a problem because I need to jump through hoops but there is no doubt that the Rangers are going back on their contract. Here's an excerpt from the signed letter the Rangers sent everyone being upgraded:

Old
09-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

"alternative lower bowl location"

All I'm saying is that they don't say "tickets".

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 02:02 PM
RangersSTH
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
"alternative lower bowl location"

All I'm saying is that they don't say "tickets".
I get that you're playing devil's advocate, but this is about a whole lot more than that one letter. I have tons of email paper trails with my rep, I have the printed invoice with the price, location, # tickets, etc..., I have emails from the Rangers, saying contradictory things before and after etc etc. It's not ambiguous at all

Anyways, I'm happy you got your better seats but as a result of expecting these lower seats I wasn't able to upgrade in a better 300 location.

Again, anyone else who got seats yanked from them pls PM me

Old
09-14-2011, 02:26 PM
patnyrnyg

Seems like you are getting a screwjob. Only thing you can do would be to sue MSG for damages (lost $ due to tickets being worth less than expected, stubhub fines etc.). Not sure you can win, but can't see them budging.

In the meantime, have you contacted Stubhub and explained the situation. Since you don't have the tickets yet and there is still plenty of time, you can ask them to contact your buyers and see if they are still interested in the tickets and if not, cancel the order and re-post.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 02:29 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Seems like you are getting a screwjob. Only thing you can do would be to sue MSG for damages (lost $ due to tickets being worth less than expected, stubhub fines etc.). Not sure you can win, but can't see them budging.

In the meantime, have you contacted Stubhub and explained the situation. Since you don't have the tickets yet and there is still plenty of time, you can ask them to contact your buyers and see if they are still interested in the tickets and if not, cancel the order and re-post.
If he sues them, MSG will settle before going to court. Guaranteed.

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote