HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tornado Watch?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2011, 06:12 PM
  #1
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,297
vCash: 500
Quite a storm here , very very dark , lightning and thunder , and they say this storm could produce a tornado , getting very crazy in the east side of montreal right now...

crazier and crazier now , and to think I wanted to play tennis tonight.


Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-13-2011 at 07:37 PM.
BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
  #2
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,382
vCash: 500
Yeah, it's getting weirder and weirder. Like if... OMG! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE GUYS! RUN FOR YOUR LI

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 06:27 PM
  #3
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,629
vCash: 500
Everywhere storm.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 06:28 PM
  #4
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,297
vCash: 500
im going to take a shower outside , have to do it one time in my life.I'll bring the soap and everything.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 06:30 PM
  #5
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 10,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Quite a storm here , very very dark , lightning and thunder , and they say this storm could produce a tornado , getting very crazy in the east side of montreal right now...
If you ever notice the weather warnings from Environment Canada they always say a tornado could happen in the strongest thunderstorms.

There may have been strong winds but I don't think there were tornadoes. Funnel clouds are more likely.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 06:35 PM
  #6
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,509
vCash: 500
2012 We Were Warnedddd We Were Warned

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
  #7
ourson
Registered User
 
ourson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ourson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
im going to take a shower outside , have to do it one time in my life.I'll bring the soap and everything.
just did with my dog. it was freaking fun

ourson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 07:37 PM
  #8
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,222
vCash: 256
Got home just in time before it came down, lucky me!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 07:41 PM
  #9
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,576
vCash: 500
Awards:
I was at the gym in Beaconsfield and they lost power. Just as everyone finished filing out the door, the lights came back on

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 07:45 PM
  #10
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,898
vCash: 500
Finished cooking up on the BBQ 2 minutes before it started coming down!

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 07:55 PM
  #11
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
At my parents place in St-Anne I was telling my dad the clouds were coming really low to the ground and looked like they were funneling.

Nothing came of it though, then I come on and see this thread lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I was at the gym in Beaconsfield and they lost power. Just as everyone finished filing out the door, the lights came back on
I live a 1 minute walk from that gym LOL. I thought they closed that gym now... This is one of the worst grids for power

It seems a lot calmer here than when I was in St-Anne earlier tonight.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
  #12
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,576
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I live a 1 minute walk from that gym LOL. I thought they closed that gym now... This is one of the worst grids for power
Gold's Gym, at the bottom of St-Charles? No, it only opened last year.

I'm about a 5 minute walk away and I've only been here a little more than a year but yeah, it is pretty bad for losing power (the area, I mean).

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:03 PM
  #13
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
We lost power for a few seconds during my class at Concordia's Loyola campus. I guess that the generators took over instantly because the computers didn't go out as well but everything else went out for a few seconds.

Worst part is over though, now it's just rainy.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:20 PM
  #14
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Gold's Gym, at the bottom of St-Charles? No, it only opened last year.

I'm about a 5 minute walk away and I've only been here a little more than a year but yeah, it is pretty bad for losing power (the area, I mean).
Nahh I think I'm thinking of a different gym. The one right next to the Couche-Tard on elm by the Beaconsfield train station. Looks like they're gutting it.

And yeah recently my power went out for 48 hours but after like 12 hours hydro brought a generator so it was really only out for about 18 hours total out of those 2 days we had a generator LOL.

Was a real bummer though. I'm on the worst grid, worst part is this time it was just my complex and the rest of the grid was fine. Tonight I wasn't home but no signs of a power failure. PC is on still.

Is golds the one in the mall by metro?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:26 PM
  #15
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,576
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Nahh I think I'm thinking of a different gym. The one right next to the Couche-Tard on elm by the Beaconsfield train station. Looks like they're gutting it.

And yeah recently my power went out for 48 hours but after like 12 hours hydro brought a generator so it was really only out for about 18 hours total out of those 2 days we had a generator LOL.

Was a real bummer though. I'm on the worst grid, worst part is this time it was just my complex and the rest of the grid was fine. Tonight I wasn't home but no signs of a power failure. PC is on still.

Is golds the one in the mall by metro?
Yep. The other one you're thinking of is Le Club (which is literally right across from Beacon Hill Villa, where I live). It looks like they're gutting it because they're putting in a ball hockey rink for the new MBHL season. Can't imagine the regulars are too pleased about that.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:46 PM
  #16
knuck
On and off fan
 
knuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
nothing interesting on the south shore

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:47 PM
  #17
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yep. The other one you're thinking of is Le Club (which is literally right across from Beacon Hill Villa, where I live). It looks like they're gutting it because they're putting in a ball hockey rink for the new MBHL season. Can't imagine the regulars are too pleased about that.
lol... we live in the same complex And didn't you say you're also 26? No wonder you know how bad this grid is... so you know what I'm talking about then with the generator a few weeks ago?

My girlfriend told me they were putting in a rink. They had a bar there too at one point. It's seriously a small world man damn. Of all the places to live... not like this complex is big or anything either.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:48 PM
  #18
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,545
vCash: 500
Awards:
Just a lot of rain and some cool looking lightning here in the Plateau.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:04 PM
  #19
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,576
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
lol... we live in the same complex And didn't you say you're also 26? No wonder you know how bad this grid is... so you know what I'm talking about then with the generator a few weeks ago?

My girlfriend told me they were putting in a rink. They had a bar there too at one point. It's seriously a small world man damn. Of all the places to live... not like this complex is big or anything either.
Haha that's pretty funny. Yep I'm 26 too. We should get together for a Habs game sometime.

Yeah I don't know what all that was with the generator and the power outages but it was a pain in the ass. I was sure we wouldn't have power either when I got back from the gym but luckily we did.

I know for a while they were planning on demolishing Le Club altogether and putting a condo there...there were petitions about it and everything. I guess it worked because as far as I know, it's not going anywhere.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:07 PM
  #20
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Haha that's pretty funny. Yep I'm 26 too. We should get together for a Habs game sometime.

Yeah I don't know what all that was with the generator and the power outages but it was a pain in the ass. I was sure we wouldn't have power either when I got back from the gym but luckily we did.

I know for a while they were planning on demolishing Le Club altogether and putting a condo there...there were petitions about it and everything. I guess it worked because as far as I know, it's not going anywhere.
I've never been but honestly place looks like a dump. I'm not shocked you go to the further away gym lol. Seems ever since hydro came and finally put in the time it's been a bit more stable but my lights still flicker surprisingly often.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 04:52 PM
  #21
shello
@WShello9
 
shello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ile-Perrot, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
It was crazy last night. Thank god I didn't lose power.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.