Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

US Open 2011

Old
09-12-2011, 11:17 PM
kihei

vCash: 0
Two key statistics tell a big part of the story of the match and a big part of why Nadal has an uphill battle to get on an even keel with Djokovic again:

On service, both first and second serve combined, Nadal won less than half of the points: 69 out of 141; the news is equally grim on first serve where Nadal managed to win only 52% of the points (50 out of 96).

Obviously, that's not an easy problem to fix. Especially when your key competition has the best return of service game since Agassi.

Other interesting stats:

Nole converted 11 out 26(!) break points, attesting to the potency of his return of service game.

On 4 of the 6 occasions when Nole was broken, he immediately broke back in the next game.

Last edited by kihei: 09-13-2011 at 09:54 AM.
kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 03:30 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
just to add to that, novak basically said himself that it was a very high risk shot. He was going for the home run and he hit it. He knew there was a good chance that he would miss it too.
To me, it looked like Novak was fed up and thought it was lost and just banged it for the hell of it.

It was ridiculous, and it turned the match and turned the championship.

I feel very sorry for Roger, he's my boy, but Djokovic of a year ago would've blown that forehand miles wide.

Novak's playing some sick tennis and nobody can touch him except Federer IMO.
The only problem is, it's all about match-ups and at this stage of his career, Roger's has to go through Tsonga, Fish, JMDP, Berdych, etc. to get to Novak.... Which isn't always the case anymore, sadly.

In short, there is no taking away anything from Djokovic.
And even though I thought Sampras had better competition, and is on par with Feds, I've never enjoyed watching anyone play tennis like I have watching Roger. Not even Goran Ivanisevic, who was everyone's childhood hero in Croatia.

Every time Roger loses, it saddens me a bit, and it's one step closer to never watching him again.

Fortunately, we know he'll be around at least one more year (London Olympics).

As for Serena W.... Ban her for the next 2 Slams.
Seriously.
"You're unattractive inside"...?

Look who the f... is talking!

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Nadal use to be the king of defense, but Nole's defense has simply become unreal...also, Nole's backhand>>Nadal's

Rafa seriously needs a break, regroup, rethink the strategy because it has not worked at all this year, these two could play 20 matches and Nole would win 19

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:00 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
To be honest , I like Djokovic and Nadal , but I really miss 2004-2007 Federer tennis.I suspect I won't see that kind of tennis again in my lifetime.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote