HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trent Hunter invited to training camp

Old
09-13-2011, 08:24 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 500
Trent Hunter invited to training camp

http://ducks.ocregister.com/2011/09/...-tryout/71902/

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:39 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Nice!

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:42 PM
markisonfire

Similar to the Moreau signing. We seem to have more players than open roster spots. Perhaps Scott Parse hasn't been a shining star like management had suggested?

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Brown
Clifford - Stoll - Hunter
Richardson - Lewis - Moreau

That looks playoff ready to me.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:45 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Similar to the Moreau signing. We seem to have more players than open roster spots. Perhaps Scott Parse hasn't been a shining star like management had suggested?

Gagne - Richards - Brown

No way Hunter is on the 3rd line. He's not versatile enough. To me, he's a 4th line RW/healthy scratch. If the Kings really wanted him to be the 3rd line RW, I'm pretty sure they would've signed him before (or instead) of Moreau.

TwoForRoughing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Competion is good, but I feel sorry with for our prospects.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:52 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Nothing wrong with having another person fighting for a chance to play on the roster.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post

Gagne - Richards - Brown

Were going to need Parse when one of Penner fail, Gagne or Williams gets hurt.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:14 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

I know it's just an invite, but this says to me Fraser won't be playing for the Kings anytime soon.

Btw, is Clune a one-way contract now or can he go up and down without going through waivers. If not, then I'm thinking this.

Penner-Kopi-Brown

Gagne-Richards-Willy

Clifford-Stoll-Richardson

Moreau-Lewis-Parse

Westgarth/Hunter

Old
09-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Hope he's fully recovered, he can be useful as a fourth line checking forward. He's always been known for his two-way game with an ability to put the puck in the net.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Nose of Sutter

I'd put him on the 4th over Moreau and Westgarth

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Competion is good, but I feel sorry with for our prospects.
If our prospects can't beat out Ethan Moreau who was one of the worst players in the league last year or Trent Hunter coming off an injury riddled season maybe they aren't as good as we all thought.

I actually don't mind this signing, Hunter atleast can play a little bit and can provide solid 2 way play and some offense on the 4th line if healthy. There is no doubt in my mind he is a better player than Ethan Moreau who hopefully ends up at the absolute most one of the healthy scratches.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I know it's just an invite, but this says to me Fraser won't be playing for the Kings anytime soon.

Btw, is Clune a one-way contract now or can he go up and down without going through waivers. If not, then I'm thinking this.

Penner-Kopi-Brown

Gagne-Richards-Willy

Clifford-Stoll-Richardson

Moreau-Lewis-Parse

Westgarth/Hunter
One and two-way contracts have nothing to do with waiver eligibility.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:13 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
One and two-way contracts have nothing to do with waiver eligibility.
Oh, can someone cue me in on this then? Is it when a player reaches a certain age, he has to go through waivers went sent down, or what?

Old
09-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Oh, can someone cue me in on this then? Is it when a player reaches a certain age, he has to go through waivers went sent down, or what?
Waivers is based on time spent at the pro level (NHL, AHL, ECHL), while one- and two-way contracts have to do with how much a player is paid. If a player has a one-way contract, he receives the same salary at the AHL level as he does at the NHL level. A two-way contract means the player receives less when he's in the AHL.

For example, Kyle Clifford is on a two-way contract. http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1579

Old
09-13-2011, 10:36 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Waivers is based on time spent at the pro level (NHL, AHL, ECHL), while one- and two-way contracts have to do with how much a player is paid. If a player has a one-way contract, he receives the same salary at the AHL level as he does at the NHL level. A two-way contract means the player receives less when he's in the AHL.

For example, Kyle Clifford is on a two-way contract. http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1579
Ahh, right! Thanks!

So here's the ultimate question: Does Richard Clune go to waivers if sent down to Manch?

Old
09-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Ahh, right! Thanks!

So here's the ultimate question: Does Richard Clune go to waivers if sent down to Manch?
Yes, and I'm pretty sure he had to clear waivers last fall, too. I'll see if I can find anything about that.

EDIT: Here it is: http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/10/04/waiver-wire/

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/10/05/all-clear/

Old
09-13-2011, 10:39 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
If our prospects can't beat out Ethan Moreau who was one of the worst players in the league last year or Trent Hunter coming off an injury riddled season maybe they aren't as good as we all thought.

I actually don't mind this signing, Hunter atleast can play a little bit and can provide solid 2 way play and some offense on the 4th line if healthy. There is no doubt in my mind he is a better player than Ethan Moreau who hopefully ends up at the absolute most one of the healthy scratches.
Or perhaps, you're wrong in your evaluation. If Moreau was so evidently awful, shouldn't DL and his boys also noticed it as well? Is it possible that they see something in him that you don't?

I have faith in DL and I have faith that Moreau will be a good addition.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Chazz Reinhold

http://www.capgeek.com/FAQ.php

Click on the "How do regular waivers work?" heading for a detailed explanation of how someone becomes waiver-eligible.

Old
09-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Or perhaps, you're wrong in your evaluation. If Moreau was so evidently awful, shouldn't DL and his boys also noticed it as well? Is it possible that they see something in him that you don't?

I have faith in DL and I have faith that Moreau will be a good addition.
We will see, all I'm saying is he was one of the worst players in the NHL last season, there is no doubting that. Was he injured? In a bad situation? Who knows but he didn't contribute anything to Columbus.

His offensive production and physical play/fighting have gone down drastically the past three seasons and he is 36 years old, he is simply getting worse and he wasn't that good to begin with. I don't know exactly what you are expecting him to do on the Kings? If he plays like he did last season he will be on waivers by November.

Hunter is 31 and when healthy is simply a much better hockey player than Ethan Moreau. I think he can be an excellent bottom line player for the Kings.

And as for Clune, he will be on waivers when he is sent down but odds are no one claims him. There are 29 other teams waiving career minor league players, and they almost always slip through. There will be better players on waivers around the time of finals cuts.

Old
09-13-2011, 10:54 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
We will see, all I'm saying is he was one of the worst players in the NHL last season, there is no doubting that. Was he injured? In a bad situation? Who knows but he didn't contribute anything to Columbus.

His offensive production and physical play/fighting have gone down drastically the past three seasons and he is 36 years old, he is simply getting worse and he wasn't that good to begin with. I don't know exactly what you are expecting him to do on the Kings? If he plays like he did last season he will be on waivers by November.

Hunter is 31 and when healthy is simply a much better hockey player than Ethan Moreau. I think he can be an excellent bottom line player for the Kings.

And as for Clune, he will be on waivers when he is sent down but odds are no one claims him. There are 29 other teams waiving career minor league players, and they almost always slip through. There will be better players on waivers around the time of finals cuts.
Well, simply for the fact that he is 36 yrs old should be his motivation don't you think? This COULD be his final nhl season and I would bet that he wants to go out on a high note. I'm actually very happy for Moreau and I'm hopeful he can be very effective.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
At least Dean has us *****ing about 4th line players who are set to play on the 4th line or enjoy the press box. Remember when we had Stoll as the #2 center and Smyth as the #1 LW?

Go Kings Go!

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Kings4thecup

Quote:
I agree with this. Hunter can put the puck in the net and is an excellent checker. Plus, this is a no risk proposition for the Kings.

If he is healthy and has his legs he could become a very valuable member of the 4th line.

I also don't mind the Moreau signing. More competition means a better team, and I'm pretty sure we're all ready for that.

Kings4thecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
At least Dean has us *****ing about 4th line players who are set to play on the 4th line or enjoy the press box. Remember when we had Stoll as the #2 center and Smyth as the #1 LW?

Go Kings Go!
Yes, exactly.

But there amazingly were people on this board that thought there was no problem with Smyth and Stoll in those roles, which is borderline amazing.

Assuming Doughty signs the Kings are so much better it's not even funny. The difference between Richards/Gagne and Stoll/Smyth is far greater than any FA signing the Kings could have made.

I'm happy management has finally committed to putting an actual championship caliber team on the ice. Last year the talk of "taking the next step" while having Stoll, Smyth and Parse making up half of the top six was insulting to the fans.

This year we are ready to take the next step, as you said you would much rather be arguing about whether Ethan Moreau and Trent Hunter will be good on the 4th line as opposed to arguing about Stoll, Smyth and Parse on the top six.

Old
09-13-2011, 11:37 PM
redcard

I'm fine with this, we needed another depth forward with Fraser injured and likely missing the first bit of the season. Have Moreau/Hunter/Westgarth rotate into the wing spot on the 4th line and keep all the kids in Manch. When Fraser comes back, someone else will likely be injured anyway.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Parse bashers, you are amusing.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote