HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Byfuglien Arrested

Old
09-13-2011, 05:29 PM
ObeyMashinter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian05 View Post
Dustin Byfuglien likely facing charges

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/69...ng-intoxicated
It sucks to hear about that. The guy was a warrior around here when it counted the most. I followed him since when he was playing AAA for the mission and he always seemed like a pretty cool guy. Hope he can turn things around.

ObeyMashinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Sevanston

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...129738573.html

He passed his breathalyzer. Measured in at .03, when the limit in Minnesota is .08. Very cooperative.

The officer still takes him downtown, asks him to take a urine test. Buff was given advice to never take any test, but in Minnesota that's a crime, so he got booked. The judge has ordered the trial to proceed on the grounds of refusing to take a test when lawfully requested by an officer.

Jets are still expecting him to be at camp. He's being forced to have a meeting with the NHL-NHLPA about substances.

Everything about this sounds a little sketchy. Why was he still taken downtown? Why didn't the police simply tell him that he has to take the test by law? Where was his lawyer?

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:02 AM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...129738573.html

He passed his breathalyzer. Measured in at .03, when the limit in Minnesota is .08. Very cooperative.

The officer still takes him downtown, asks him to take a urine test. Buff was given advice to never take any test, but in Minnesota that's a crime, so he got booked. The judge has ordered the trial to proceed on the grounds of refusing to take a test when lawfully requested by an officer.

Jets are still expecting him to be at camp. He's being forced to have a meeting with the NHL-NHLPA about substances.

Everything about this sounds a little sketchy. Why was he still taken downtown? Why didn't the police simply tell him that he has to take the test by law? Where was his lawyer?
Perhaps they thought he was under the influence of something other than alcohol?

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:18 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Seems like ******** a bit. He blew and passed. Why take him to the station?

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
I agree. If he passed the breathalizer why does he have to piss test? If I was him I would have an attorney not only get me out of it, but get a little financial retribution fro dragging my name through the mud. Cop was prolly a Vancouver fan.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Suburbanbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
Perhaps they thought he was under the influence of something other than alcohol?
If he truly passed a breathalyzer, I think this has to be it. He admitted to having a couple glasses of wine but still passed (which at 280...lol... I would expect). But something else could be at play here that we aren't hearing about.

If his story is true...I'm betting he fights this aggressively and wins....and he should sue (but he won't) If, OTOH, there was reason to want to check for other things in his system...smell, seeing him dump something overboard, etc....then it might be a different story. Although I still think he wins the case.

Either way it seems kinda like a ****** move on the part of the cop if he did blow a passable test. it sounds like he didn't get stopped for driving the boat in a dangerous manner but rather it was just a routine check. Seems pretty aggressive if he passed a breathalyzer and Buff was being cooperative.

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Adrian05

@ Peteron Global
Byfuglien has a court date in Minnesota Oct. 21st at 8:30 am. Jets have games scheduled the day before and after that.

@espn
Byfuglien was charged with third-degree boating while intoxicated, a gross misdemeanor carrying a penalty of up to a year in jail, and refusing to submit to a test. He also was charged with failing to display the proper warning lights on the boat and not having enough flotation devices for everyone on board.

Adrian05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

I guess he didn't pass the breathalyzer, hmm.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Hans Moleman
Was saying Boortuzzi

This is why I am reluctant to go on fishing trips that require boating. Pretty much everyone I know gets drunk when they boat, it's ridiculous.

Hans Moleman is offline   Reply With Quote