HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Question regarding Nailers games in Johnstown

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2011, 02:50 PM
  #1
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,867
vCash: 500
Question regarding Nailers games in Johnstown

Does anyone know when these tickets for these games go on sale? I've gone to the Nailers website and there doesn't seem to be any way to purchase individual tickets.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 02:59 PM
  #2
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Does anyone know when these tickets for these games go on sale? I've gone to the Nailers website and there doesn't seem to be any way to purchase individual tickets.
I personally do not know. I know that the Nailers staff does all the promoting and what not for the games in Johnstown. They basically run the show I guess. I wonder if the prices are the same as for the games in Wheeling? Just a thought. I didnt attend one of them last season, but don't worry you won't have a hard time finding a seat. Lol It seems as if they should already be out there though. I know the dates and opponents have already been determined. I don't know if the Cambria County War Memorial has a website or not, maybe there is something listed on their about it.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:12 AM
  #3
Solution
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cheswick, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
I just e-mailed the website to see if they would get back to me with the information. As soon as I hear, I will pass the information along. The Nailers website is very useless right now. They do not even have the latest information on team signings right now. I get emails about those since I signed up to get them. Not a good sign IMO.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 07:02 AM
  #4
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution View Post
I just e-mailed the website to see if they would get back to me with the information. As soon as I hear, I will pass the information along. The Nailers website is very useless right now. They do not even have the latest information on team signings right now. I get emails about those since I signed up to get them. Not a good sign IMO.
Lol did the FHL/AAHL swoop in and take control?

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 04:19 PM
  #5
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution View Post
I just e-mailed the website to see if they would get back to me with the information. As soon as I hear, I will pass the information along. The Nailers website is very useless right now. They do not even have the latest information on team signings right now. I get emails about those since I signed up to get them. Not a good sign IMO.
Thanks. I want to make a pilgrimage to Johnstown for the March games and I did see the phone number but don't really want to call just yet. The rest of the site is pretty bare.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:53 PM
  #6
Solution
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cheswick, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Lol did the FHL/AAHL swoop in and take control?
No. I wonder if they got rid of the website guy in order to save money. It seems like they want to do Twitter, Facebook, and e-mails for updates.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:54 PM
  #7
Solution
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cheswick, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Thanks. I want to make a pilgrimage to Johnstown for the March games and I did see the phone number but don't really want to call just yet. The rest of the site is pretty bare.
I figured since I have some contact with them (only as a "fan"), I could see if I could help a fellow hockey fan out. The webiste is beyond bare. It is worthless right now.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:33 PM
  #8
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution View Post
No. I wonder if they got rid of the website guy in order to save money. It seems like they want to do Twitter, Facebook, and e-mails for updates.
Lol times must be REAL TOUGH in Wheeling. Our team(and many others)do Facebook and twitter but update their site. infact, our site just had a makeover during last season in like February.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:39 PM
  #9
wbs21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
i went last year and got mine by calling the war memorial in johnstown.wheeling never had them listed on their website.

wbs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:53 PM
  #10
Solution
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cheswick, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
I got a response from Craig Bommer, the VP of Business Operations. He says that individual game tickets would go on sale around October 3rd. I hope that helps GarbageGoal.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:57 PM
  #11
Solution
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cheswick, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Lol times must be REAL TOUGH in Wheeling. Our team(and many others)do Facebook and twitter but update their site. infact, our site just had a makeover during last season in like February.
Well, when I got my response, it was from the VP of Business Operations. I know that the minor league teams have smaller staffs, but answering a question about tickets from the VP seems a little too high up the food chain for me. Just another little what is going on moment.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 03:07 AM
  #12
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution View Post
Well, when I got my response, it was from the VP of Business Operations. I know that the minor league teams have smaller staffs, but answering a question about tickets from the VP seems a little too high up the food chain for me. Just another little what is going on moment.
I have known a few people(by acquaintance)in the past who have worked for the Nailers. One person works in the front office. As an accountant I believe. The other day he said he was working on season ticket bar codes. Who exactly are you hoping to hear from? Someone in the front office area like where ya go to pick up the tickets?(just curious i've never gotten tickets in advance and my tickets are actually FREE)

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 07:04 AM
  #13
Solution
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cheswick, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
I have known a few people(by acquaintance)in the past who have worked for the Nailers. One person works in the front office. As an accountant I believe. The other day he said he was working on season ticket bar codes. Who exactly are you hoping to hear from? Someone in the front office area like where ya go to pick up the tickets?(just curious i've never gotten tickets in advance and my tickets are actually FREE)
I figured it would be somebody like the ticket sales rep or the ticket sales manager at the most. For the response to come from the Business Operations VP just seemed a little bit high on the food chain for a little schmuck like me. That is why I got wondering if the front office might be a little bit sparse as a result of cost cutting moves.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 08:03 AM
  #14
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution View Post
I got a response from Craig Bommer, the VP of Business Operations. He says that individual game tickets would go on sale around October 3rd. I hope that helps GarbageGoal.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 08:09 AM
  #15
Solution
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cheswick, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Thank you very much, I appreciate it.
No problem. I had the contact information apparently. It seemed like a good idea to help out. Someday, I may need a favor like that so a little karma points is not bad.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 07:20 PM
  #16
CrazyEddie20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Wheeling's broadcaster recently took the same job with Florida of the ECHL. Usually the broadcaster manages the website (among 15 other jobs) in the ECHL.

CrazyEddie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 07:38 PM
  #17
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie20 View Post
Wheeling's broadcaster recently took the same job with Florida of the ECHL. Usually the broadcaster manages the website (among 15 other jobs) in the ECHL.
HA, Wheeling is looking for a Broadcaster again? I can't believe they found somebody to replace Bob Rotruck. Actually it always feels as if they are looking for a guy. Three years ago Bob was a late find, they had another guy after Burke went to Peoria but for some reason his stint was very very very short. Then last year Bob left late in the summer for Adirondack. Personally I didn't think Alex Reed was that good. The guy for Florida needed to go though, he was terrible, almost a big time homer but his play by play was even worse.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:13 PM
  #18
Solution
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cheswick, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie20 View Post
Wheeling's broadcaster recently took the same job with Florida of the ECHL. Usually the broadcaster manages the website (among 15 other jobs) in the ECHL.
Thanks for the information Crazy Eddie. I knew that in the ECHL, people did multiple tasks, but I was unaware of the actual responsibilities. Anyway, that would explain why the website has been scaled down to a worthless level and why I heard from the VP of Business operations. Do you have any information on the divisions of labor for an ECHL front office? I would be curious to learn some more about that.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 12:29 AM
  #19
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution View Post
Thanks for the information Crazy Eddie. I knew that in the ECHL, people did multiple tasks, but I was unaware of the actual responsibilities. Anyway, that would explain why the website has been scaled down to a worthless level and why I heard from the VP of Business operations. Do you have any information on the divisions of labor for an ECHL front office? I would be curious to learn some more about that.
Here is ours:

http://www.jackalshockey.com/front-office

Not sure if they have it right or not. I swear i've seen more than one person in the box office on a gameday.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 02:28 AM
  #20
Solution
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cheswick, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Here is ours:

http://www.jackalshockey.com/front-office

Not sure if they have it right or not. I swear i've seen more than one person in the box office on a gameday.
Probably the extra people are part timers for the game. The only information that I have found so far on the Nailers front office is from last season's Penguins' season media guide. The two Brooks Brothers as presidents. Craig Bommer, VP of Business Operations. Drulia and assistant coach. Director of Ticketing, Ticket Sales & Customer Service Rep., Ticketing Account Executive, accountant, equipment manager, athletic trainer, medical director, team physician, and fitnees program director.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:58 PM
  #21
iamjs
Unregistered User
 
iamjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Thanks. I want to make a pilgrimage to Johnstown for the March games and I did see the phone number but don't really want to call just yet. The rest of the site is pretty bare.
If you need the number to the War Memorial in Johnstown, it's 814-536-5156

One of those numbers that I'll probably never forget.

iamjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 06:04 PM
  #22
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,196
vCash: 500
Ahh, barely got 1,000 fans yesterday...

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 12:19 PM
  #23
Sal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
I was there, and unless they are counting tickets sold and not actual people attending, there is no way 1,055 people were there. A lot of the long time Johnstown hockey fans who attended the Wheeling games last season are not attending this season. Hopefully the Brooks brothers now realize that their idea is a complete failure. The long time fans here, including myself, want something new and more entertaining, whether it is the FHL, NPHL, NAHL, USHL or whatever. The current ECHL product is like watching paint dry, and expecting fans to suddenly support a team that we hated for almost 2 decades was destined to fail. The ECHL outgrew Johnstown back in the 1990s. Johnstown can, and will support a team in a lower level league, whether it is pro or a high level of junior hockey.

Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 12:28 PM
  #24
CrazyEddie20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution View Post
Thanks for the information Crazy Eddie. I knew that in the ECHL, people did multiple tasks, but I was unaware of the actual responsibilities. Anyway, that would explain why the website has been scaled down to a worthless level and why I heard from the VP of Business operations. Do you have any information on the divisions of labor for an ECHL front office? I would be curious to learn some more about that.
I could speak only to the teams that I've played for/worked for, but yes, I can speak to the division of labour in ECHL front offices.

CrazyEddie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:00 PM
  #25
iamjs
Unregistered User
 
iamjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I was there, and unless they are counting tickets sold and not actual people attending, there is no way 1,055 people were there. A lot of the long time Johnstown hockey fans who attended the Wheeling games last season are not attending this season. Hopefully the Brooks brothers now realize that their idea is a complete failure. The long time fans here, including myself, want something new and more entertaining, whether it is the FHL, NPHL, NAHL, USHL or whatever. The current ECHL product is like watching paint dry, and expecting fans to suddenly support a team that we hated for almost 2 decades was destined to fail. The ECHL outgrew Johnstown back in the 1990s. Johnstown can, and will support a team in a lower level league, whether it is pro or a high level of junior hockey.
This, and that the Nailers are not "our team".

I've heard both of the reasons, and aside from the occasional mention on the redboard outside the arena between Judas Priest and Kelly Clarkson advertisements, there's no advertising for this team. No billboards within a mile of the arena. No billboards on the main roads going to and/or coming from Johnstown. At least the Brooks Brothers should pretend to give a **** about the Johnstown experiment.

I'm not saying they have to advertise to the extent that Johnstown did in the late 80s, where billboards have Chiefs schedules, restaurants had schedules in the windows, and this one might be slightly more difficult given the situation, but there is no player involvement with the city. You know, typical **** that you see in the minors.

Has the ECHL outgrown Johnstown? I hate saying it but yeah, I think it has. I would have suggested maybe being a CHL team would be a better fit, but with no CHL teams within 5 hrs of Johnstown and the majority of the league being 2 time zones away, travel costs would eat away at any profit. At this point, the FHL might be an option. I can't cite the risk of being a startup league since Johnstown was one of the original teams that helped form the ECHL, and with a closer range of travel, it's something they should inquire about.

iamjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.