HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player's opinions on the Boston/Montreal rivalry

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
  #76
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandBrownBear View Post
Oh, I agree. I am a Bruins fan who really doesn't care much about the "rivalry". I only care about the Canadiens when we are playing in the playoffs otherwise i personally dont care. I was just laughing at the comments being thrown around, the cro-magnon one esp. lol
There's gotta be some hate brewing up there somewhere if you're posting on a habs forum.

But to answer your original question about the rivalry. I think fans everywhere will agree that boston and montreal have a hate filled one. But even after the recent playoff battles, the fight filled affair in boston, and classic centennial, all it would take is one year for the habs to finish 3rd and the leafs 6th, to shut down an entire country. That is the power of leafs and habs, and the bruins and habs will never bring forth that kind of spectacle. Easy to get most of the riled up though, lol (no offence)

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 01:48 PM
  #77
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 50
The way I see it, Boston-Montréal is more of a hockey rivalry, and Toronto-Montréal is more of a political rivalry. Where I'm from, people don't like Canada very much... and Toronto absolutly represents Canada. That being said, I would disagree with those saying that the Boston rivalry is a fan rivalry whereas the Toronto rivalry is a players' rivalry. I think it's the opposite. The Toronto-Montréal rivalry is a bit like the Cowboys-Giants rivalry. The Boston-Montréal rivalry is a bit like the Raiders-Broncos rivalry.


Last edited by FF de Mars: 09-13-2011 at 01:59 PM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 01:50 PM
  #78
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,657
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandBrownBear View Post
lol, i read the whole thread. I can multiquote all of the things i mentioned, but thought that would be more obnoxious than my original post, being that i'm a Bruins fan on the MTL board.
I'd be very surprised if you can find quotes from more people in this thread saying the Leafs-Habs rivalry is bigger than the Bruins-Habs one than vice versa.

The whole point of your post was to highlight to hypocrisy of underplaying the Bruins-Habs rivalry all the while going on about how much we hate them. But this thread clearly shows most Habs fans on this board think it is our biggest rivalry, so it seems you must have been doing some selective reading to come to your conclusion.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 02:07 PM
  #79
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
My comment about IQ was about the Philly crowd in the arena. A lot of em are just garbage. Much like the hooligan group that started the Vancouver riot. None of that is directed at Boston.
My own comments regarding Boston/Philly as Cro-Magnon was more about their bloodlust and desire for bullying fights than their IQ.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 02:08 PM
  #80
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 12,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandBrownBear View Post
lol, i read the whole thread. I can multiquote all of the things i mentioned, but thought that would be more obnoxious than my original post, being that i'm a Bruins fan on the MTL board.
what you would take from this thread if you didn't selectively read what you wanted to read is that yes, montreal/boston is a good rivalry, but habs fans and habs players to not take that rivalry anywhere near as seriously as bruins fans/media/players take it.

and the only reason boston is our biggest rivalry now is that toronto ****ing sucks. kind of a piss poor rivalry when one team is so irrelevant. ergo, i couldn't give two ***** about toronto right now, unless they somehow manage to make the playoffs

and saying some bruins fans act like ********** means nothing toward the rivalry as a whole and everything toward some of your fans who act like douchbags :shockandsurprise.

in regards to philly: I hate some of the fans <-> couldn't care less about the team either way. richards was a grade A *******, now he's gone, oops. don't care anymore.

and for what it's worth, by game 6, i was rooting for you guys.

i know it will be difficult, but there, wrap your head around that

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 04:36 PM
  #81
nitric
German Engineering
 
nitric's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
and for what it's worth, by game 6, i was rooting for you guys.

i know it will be difficult, but there, wrap your head around that
Thanks

There's a lot of animosity in the replies to my post. Wasn't meaning to offend, i really thought the things i mentioned were funny. I was just surprised that people here think Bruins fans care more about the rivalry than Habs fans. I always thought that Mtl fans got more riled up about it. I think it's all in your own perspective. Plus, both boards get a lot of trolls from the opposite fanbase, which adds to that perspective. Anyways, good luck next season. Bye!

nitric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 04:41 PM
  #82
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandBrownBear View Post
So what I got from reading this thread over here is that Montreal players and fans alike don't care about the rivalry and find the Leafs to be their true rival. And then I found a multitude of comments about how much everyone hates the Bruins and their fans and they are classless, goons, are vastly inferior to the Habs, have low IQ's, are cro-magnons and the biggest insult of all- Worse than Philly fans!!!

Well then, I shall show myself to the exit now...
I find that some Bruin fans have managed to fall for and believe the idiocy's that Jack Edwards spews. That is embarrassing for anybody that would be brainwashed by him. Philly fans are just born that way, but to be brainwashed by a sports broadcaster is worse

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 06:00 PM
  #83
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,871
vCash: 725
My opinion on the Bruins Montreal rivalry...

A lot of nonsense FROM EACH SIDE. Thing is, mentality is really different as far as each fanbase is concerned. Bruins have always iced a pretty tough team while the Habs have turned out to be more scientific. So obviously, while no one was winning, Bruins were having fun the only way they could....with their physicality. While we keep having fun over the Bruins lack of success against us and how we could play hockey without having to fight. In the end....to each their own, and everybody thinks they're right. Fine enough. I just wished we'd be able to have some sane conversation between each other and that's what I'm trying to do. Just wish that each fanbase would call it as it really happens and not how their allegiance tells them to call it.

But in the end, the rivalry is there and fun. Funnier when the Bruins were still aiming for a cup...., but now I believe it put some kind of pressure for the Habs to respond. 'Cause like it or not, contrary to Chicago, Bruins didn't have to get rid of tons of players this year....if Thomas repeat or if Rask can be there if needed, Bruins are a Cup contender. Which to me makes the rivalry even more present......but not saying the stupidity will be less present though I believe the Cup do help. As Habs fans, that Bruins Cup should put an end to "Bruins can't win" or "Habs have more cups".....but let's hope it also puts an end to what I think what the Bruins fans and their inferiority complex and that now that they know they could play hockey, that while physicality has to be part of their game, that winning fights and moral victories aren't good enough.

So I'll say that the Cup was exactly what was needed. Doesn't change the fact that idiots will still be around from both sides. Hey, this forum is kinda of a reflection of society isn't it?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 11:26 AM
  #84
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,156
vCash: 500
MurphysLaw74 Jimmy Murphy

Benoit Pouliot today wasn't shy in laying blame on strained relationship with Jacques Martin in Montreal for his parting ways with Habs.

Good luck with Claude Julien?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:20 PM
  #85
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
MurphysLaw74 Jimmy Murphy

Benoit Pouliot today wasn't shy in laying blame on strained relationship with Jacques Martin in Montreal for his parting ways with Habs.

Good luck with Claude Julien?
All I know is he'll fall on his first shift Maybe he'll pick a fight with Ryan White if he isn't in Providence.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:24 PM
  #86
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,871
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
All I know is he'll fall on his first shift Maybe he'll pick a fight with Ryan White if he isn't in Providence.
Like him or not, he joins a pretty impressive list of guys that left the team and said the exact same thing....and as far as we know, there's also a guy that is STILL with the team that thinks the same thing...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:34 PM
  #87
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,327
vCash: 500
Awards:
Pouliot couldn't get it going under Jacques Lemaire, Todd Richards, and Jacques Martin, and people are still bending over backwards to make excuses for him? Okay.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:08 PM
  #88
usual suspects
Registered User
 
usual suspects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
My opinion on the Bruins Montreal rivalry...

A lot of nonsense FROM EACH SIDE. Thing is, mentality is really different as far as each fanbase is concerned. Bruins have always iced a pretty tough team while the Habs have turned out to be more scientific. So obviously, while no one was winning, Bruins were having fun the only way they could....with their physicality. While we keep having fun over the Bruins lack of success against us and how we could play hockey without having to fight. In the end....to each their own, and everybody thinks they're right. Fine enough. I just wished we'd be able to have some sane conversation between each other and that's what I'm trying to do. Just wish that each fanbase would call it as it really happens and not how their allegiance tells them to call it.

But in the end, the rivalry is there and fun. Funnier when the Bruins were still aiming for a cup...., but now I believe it put some kind of pressure for the Habs to respond. 'Cause like it or not, contrary to Chicago, Bruins didn't have to get rid of tons of players this year....if Thomas repeat or if Rask can be there if needed, Bruins are a Cup contender. Which to me makes the rivalry even more present......but not saying the stupidity will be less present though I believe the Cup do help. As Habs fans, that Bruins Cup should put an end to "Bruins can't win" or "Habs have more cups".....but let's hope it also puts an end to what I think what the Bruins fans and their inferiority complex and that now that they know they could play hockey, that while physicality has to be part of their game, that winning fights and moral victories aren't good enough.

So I'll say that the Cup was exactly what was needed. Doesn't change the fact that idiots will still be around from both sides. Hey, this forum is kinda of a reflection of society isn't it?
Hey Whitesnake,

Bruins fan here. I could not agree more with the bolded comment of yours. Both sides have their oddballs to put it kindly and both teams over the years have had different style/mentally for one reason or another.
The only comment I disagree with at least from my pov ,and I am sure you are not intending to paint all Boston fans the same but it is in regards to the inferiority complex. I'm 37 years old and became a Bruins fan when I was around 6 when I first saw Ray Bourque play. Became a fan ever since.

Since that time, I don't see the 24-9 record that the Habs have over Boston when it comes to playoff success against each other, I see a 8-7 record (Habs leading) since I became a fan. Maybe its a glass is half full mentality and somewhat selective I admit.
Is the lopsided result of the past a bit well embarrassing or discouraging, yeah maybe but what is done is done and I and many fans of Boston that I know look at it the same way...heck if we didn't it would be depressing wouldn't it ha ha. But seriously, history is history and like it or not these teams have been pretty even over the past 30 years, so for me there is no inferiority complex. (8-7 Habs in playoff series wins, and 2 cups to 1 since I became a fan some 30 years ago) Do I respect the Habs success against my team and the league for that matter (24 cups), no doubt. Very impressive and the envy of all teams in the league to have that history.
My many Habs friends love nothing better than beating the Bruins whether its regular season or playoffs and I feel the same right back at them. They don't feel inferior, why should I?

Take care,

Usual Suspects

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 07:03 PM
  #89
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usual suspects View Post
Hey Whitesnake,

Bruins fan here. I could not agree more with the bolded comment of yours. Both sides have their oddballs to put it kindly and both teams over the years have had different style/mentally for one reason or another.
The only comment I disagree with at least from my pov ,and I am sure you are not intending to paint all Boston fans the same but it is in regards to the inferiority complex. I'm 37 years old and became a Bruins fan when I was around 6 when I first saw Ray Bourque play. Became a fan ever since.

Since that time, I don't see the 24-9 record that the Habs have over Boston when it comes to playoff success against each other, I see a 8-7 record (Habs leading) since I became a fan. Maybe its a glass is half full mentality and somewhat selective I admit.
Is the lopsided result of the past a bit well embarrassing or discouraging, yeah maybe but what is done is done and I and many fans of Boston that I know look at it the same way...heck if we didn't it would be depressing wouldn't it ha ha. But seriously, history is history and like it or not these teams have been pretty even over the past 30 years, so for me there is no inferiority complex. (8-7 Habs in playoff series wins, and 2 cups to 1 since I became a fan some 30 years ago) Do I respect the Habs success against my team and the league for that matter (24 cups), no doubt. Very impressive and the envy of all teams in the league to have that history.
My many Habs friends love nothing better than beating the Bruins whether its regular season or playoffs and I feel the same right back at them. They don't feel inferior, why should I?

Take care,

Usual Suspects
The "complex" is there because of the past. It's probably changing now with the cup and how the team looks to be competitive for many seasons.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:15 PM
  #90
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 12,579
vCash: 500
i know it sounds condescending but, the obsession and blind hatred some of your fans have - and especially media personality - of everything habs-related, that's how it comes across: an inferiority complex.

i mean, edward's post series speech? give me a ****ing break.... any media personality would pull that stuff here, he'd be laughed out of the room. and edwards isn't as much an oddity as some thinks.

or maybe im reading things wrong. either way, when things don't go overboard, it's the best rivalry bar none in the NHL. so cheers to that

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 01:16 AM
  #91
brec7
Registered User
 
brec7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, NS
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Habs fan who doesn't post much, posting in this thread here...

I think when looking at rivalries, there is both the "culmivative" rivalry and the present day rivalry. Of course throughout history the Habs have had big rivalries with both the Leafs & the Bruins (and the Nordiques). I think when people look at it from a historical point of view, the Leafs are bigger rivals- which is to say that if the Habs were to have back to back playoff series with the B's and Leafs, under similar circumstances, that the series against the Leafs would be the bigger deal (although both would be big).

But given that the circumstances AREN'T the same, I have no doubt the rivalry with the Bruins is bigger at this exact moment. Personally I get MUCH more fired up talking about the Bruins than the Leafs, even though I technically would say I hate the Leafs more. (Last season's Bruins team was an exception- I'll get to that!)

Someone mentioned the Flyers- historically speaking, Montreal perhaps has an underrated rivalry with the Flyers (they do have their own section in the Canadiens HOF at Centennial Plaza, of course) that's likely driven by the style of play the Flyers play- they pretty much have rivalries with everyone.

To answer the OP's question... I think I can sum up my thoughts on the current Habs/B's rivalry in ONE sentence.

Bruins players take it too seriously, Habs players don't take it seriously enough.

To elaborate...

It's already been talked about in this thread, but we saw some ridiculous things coming out of the Bruins' mouths this past season. Marchand's hypocritical rant about the Habs style of play, Recchi's accusations about Pacioretty, and Thomas's comments about Subban come to mind. (And I can't remember- did Ferrence accuse Halpern of embellishment after game 7? There was also his finger incident.) Whereas in the media, the Habs were generally very cliched when speaking about the Bruins... "It's a great rivalry, blah blah blah, etc.".

I'm not sure what causes this from the Bruins side of things (and it obviously extends to, or starts from, NESN/Jack Edwards and media there in general). I don't know if it's an inferiority complex, if it's having a different take on what a rivalry is, or if it's just the "Boston mentality". I might sound like a biased Habs fan here, but I don't know how some of this doesn't embarrass Boston fans (and I'm sure some of it does.)


HOWEVER....

There's the flip side of it. Montreal seems TOO emotionally detached from this rivalry. Look at what happened in the 8-6 game and the subsequent March 8th game. A slew of fights in the game in Boston, with Hab players letting up after winning their tussles while Bruins players kept pounding away after winning theirs (the worst being the Campbell elbowpadding Spacek). Chara chasing Pacioretty around for 2 games and then finally finishing him for the season with a late hit... then Lucic thinking it was an appropriate time to go asking for payback, upset that a Krecji lost a fight that he asked for in the first place. (Not to imply Montreal never did anything dirty to Boston all season, but you get the idea.)

After all that... Montreal SHOULD have been using that as motivation. I don't doubt the professionalism of the Habs in terms of giving their all or that the team has heart (you don't come back twice on the road in game 7 if you don't have heart), but they had a very pedestrian view of the rivalry it would seem.

Above I said that I figured Bruins fans would be embarrassed by some of their antics, whereas as a Habs fan, I'm angered by what I perceive as a lack of emotion on my own team's part. Where was the "win it for MaxPac" sentiment? Where was the "they beat us in the alley, let's beat them on the scoreboard to get back at them" mentality? As a fan, I was SCREAMING, "I can't believe we lost to THEM" and yet the guys who could control the outcome, the guys in bleu blanc rogue who actually LIVED through this rivalry, were upset about losing, but seemingly not about losing to the BRUINS. The reaction was no different than if they had lost the same series to, say, Florida. Again- not faulting the effort or heart, just saying there was no extra motivation it seemed....

By comparison, let's look at the Bruins when THEY were the victim. Things totally turned around in the Cup final they lost Horton. Bruin hating fans like myself, while hoping Nathan Horton would be okay, were thinking that as a team, the Bruins actually got what they deserved by losing a player and karma was biting them in the butt. But they didn't see it that way- they got indignant. They made a big spectacle of him being lost and used it as a rallying point (witness the pre-game ceremony in game 4).

It was quite angering as a Montreal fan to see them get what was coming to them and yet use it as motivation, make it a positive, which Montreal seemed to fail to do earlier in the playoffs under similar circumstances. You get the impression that if it that was the Habs in the final and it was say, Plekanec that Aarom Rome hit, that the Habs would have been there the next day in the media scrums, perhaps mildly appealing for a suspension but yet mostly talking around the issue. But Boston's approach worked- they played an inspired brand of hockey and pretty much blew the Canucks out of the water from that point forward.

I think these player attitudes re: rivalry extend to the fans, to a degree. No doubt there is a healthy hate for the Bruins among Montreal fans, but for someone like myself, I'm shocked it's not greater. I just look back at all the nonsense mentioned above, specifically the Chara/Pacioretty incident, followed by the Bruins narrowly beating Montreal in arguably the closest series in 20 years or so (without the before mentioned Pacioretty, who's numbers pro-rated would make him Montreal's leading goal scorer last year)... and some Habs fans are remarkably ho-hum about it, saying at year's end Boston deserved to win the Cup because they dominated Vancouver so thoroughly, completely ignoring how the Bruins just ever so narrowly beat the Canadiens under dubious circumstances. Even taking the Chara/Pacioretty incident out of the equation, I wouldn't have been remotely happy discussing the Bruins winning the cup, even if I thought they deserved it- whereas some Habs fans don't seem to have that problem at all.

Of course, when dealing with fan bases, both Montreal & Boston are extremely popular teams, so it's difficult to really pinpoint a specific mentality to each group, but I think my post and all the others in this thread hit on that.

brec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:42 AM
  #92
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,871
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by usual suspects View Post
Hey Whitesnake,

Bruins fan here. I could not agree more with the bolded comment of yours. Both sides have their oddballs to put it kindly and both teams over the years have had different style/mentally for one reason or another.
The only comment I disagree with at least from my pov ,and I am sure you are not intending to paint all Boston fans the same but it is in regards to the inferiority complex. I'm 37 years old and became a Bruins fan when I was around 6 when I first saw Ray Bourque play. Became a fan ever since.

Since that time, I don't see the 24-9 record that the Habs have over Boston when it comes to playoff success against each other, I see a 8-7 record (Habs leading) since I became a fan. Maybe its a glass is half full mentality and somewhat selective I admit.
Is the lopsided result of the past a bit well embarrassing or discouraging, yeah maybe but what is done is done and I and many fans of Boston that I know look at it the same way...heck if we didn't it would be depressing wouldn't it ha ha. But seriously, history is history and like it or not these teams have been pretty even over the past 30 years, so for me there is no inferiority complex. (8-7 Habs in playoff series wins, and 2 cups to 1 since I became a fan some 30 years ago) Do I respect the Habs success against my team and the league for that matter (24 cups), no doubt. Very impressive and the envy of all teams in the league to have that history.
My many Habs friends love nothing better than beating the Bruins whether its regular season or playoffs and I feel the same right back at them. They don't feel inferior, why should I?

Take care,

Usual Suspects
Some do feel inferiox based on past results. But I also choose to believe that the inferiority complex kicks in based on some comments ( and no, I don't paint everybody the same, don't worry) I read. Just an impression that I feel was pretty accurate. Again, it might change now.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:34 AM
  #93
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 50
If Toronto is Hockey's Mecca, Montréal is Hockey's Jerusalem. It's totally understandable that Red Sox fans are having a jumping jack training against us under the alibi of beings Bruins fans ! Go root for the Patriots ! What you really hate is that the sainte flanelle is sacred up here.


Last edited by FF de Mars: 09-16-2011 at 07:51 AM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:53 AM
  #94
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,505
vCash: 500
As far as the Bruins fans's inferiority complex, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this: They had to endure one of the biggest chokes of all time when their team died an embarrassing death in 2010 against the Flyers. If there was ever a team that absofrigginlutely HAD to win -- no matter what!! -- it was this past year's bunch of desperate, slash-happy, hypersensitive Boston players.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:30 PM
  #95
Mathradio
Drive for 25
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brec7 View Post
Someone mentioned the Flyers- historically speaking, Montreal perhaps has an underrated rivalry with the Flyers (they do have their own section in the Canadiens HOF at Centennial Plaza, of course) that's likely driven by the style of play the Flyers play- they pretty much have rivalries with everyone.

To answer the OP's question... I think I can sum up my thoughts on the current Habs/B's rivalry in ONE sentence.

Bruins players take it too seriously, Habs players don't take it seriously enough.
We did play the Cheesepuffs in the playoffs at least twice post-lockout. Hope we can use the last two playoff encounters as a source of motivation should we ever play the Puffs in the playoffs again.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:51 PM
  #96
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
we can speculate all we want, but the fact is that if both teams gave their real opinions, there would be some fines involved.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.