HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospects to Meet Buffalo in Traverse City Finale

Old
09-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Rangers Prospects to Meet Buffalo in Traverse City Finale

Yesterday afternoon, the Carolina Hurricanes’ prospects, who had been winless until their game against the baby Blueshirts, defeated New York 4-3 in OT. It was not a display of the Rangers’ best hockey (this is being kind), but these are prospects, who have only played together for less than a week. So a very loose [...]

More...

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:14 AM
MorrisWanchuk

i think this is a fair assessment by Leslie. Yesterday was a shambles. The three players who have really shown something we weren't sure they had from this camp are JAM, Parlett and McColgan.

If we have Parlett and Erixon as our first pair D we stand a good chance tonight.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:19 AM
NYR Viper

Leslie, if you have a second to answer a few questions that would be great:

1) Who has looked the best out of the players drafted this year (besides Miller)?

2) Who do you feel needs more development time physically?

3) Is Yogan hurt?

4) Do you think Parlett may have a chance to push for a spot on the Rangers this year? If he is playing better than Erixon here and Erixon has a great shot at the NHL this season, why wouldn't Parlett?

5) How has McNaught looked after missing most of last season? Have you heard what the Rangers expect to do with him this year? AHL? ECHL? I am pretty sure he wasn't signed to an NHL contract.

6) How has Wilson looked? Is he keeping up with the play and creating or just out there.

Thanks!

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:29 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Leslie, if you have a second to answer a few questions that would be great:

1) Who has looked the best out of the players drafted this year (besides Miller)?

2) Who do you feel needs more development time physically?

3) Is Yogan hurt?

4) Do you think Parlett may have a chance to push for a spot on the Rangers this year? If he is playing better than Erixon here and Erixon has a great shot at the NHL this season, why wouldn't Parlett?

5) How has McNaught looked after missing most of last season? Have you heard what the Rangers expect to do with him this year? AHL? ECHL? I am pretty sure he wasn't signed to an NHL contract.

6) How has Wilson looked? Is he keeping up with the play and creating or just out there.

Thanks!
All good questions and I'd love to hear Leslie's thoughts on all of 'em, but in particular, I'm curious to hear her answer to #3.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Trying to get an answer to #3.

Old
09-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Orr Nightmare

Leslie,

My impressions from the games so far:

Hagelin hasn't been dominating...I would think a 23 year old with 4 years of college hockey experience would show better than he has.

Really like JAM, Bourque, McColgan and Thomas but they are all extremely small and I think they will be exposed in the Buffalo game and then at the main camp.

Thomas is very shifty and has an NHL shot with above average speed...do you realistically see him as an impact player in the NHL?

Bourque has all the attributes you want in a player but I can't see him lasting long in the league.

Randy McNaught has the potential to be a little less skilled Mike Rupp.

JT Miller has potential...just not sure it is Mike Richard'esque or more Kirk Maltby

Jason Wilson, I was hoping more from...they will need his size tonight.

Who out of Baldwin, Cerensak, Bowman is the 6th dman tonight...my guess, Baldwin.

Leslie, I would welcome a rebuttable.

McColgan is fiesty and I don't see his size as a deteriment as much as the others.

I think for all the negative things being written about Samuel Noreau, I think he has been impressive. Yes, he is slow but he knows how to use his stick and he is postionally sound.

Tim Erixon, you can tell he is a seasoned kid but I have noticed on a few occassions where he hasn't engaged in the defensive zone and has been either knocked off the opposing player or the player has just gotten by on him...I think that is a concern...I can understand all the love for the kid but he is not as seasoned or as prepared for the NHL as some make him out to be.

McIlrath hasn't has the best tourament and Clark mentioned that in the interview but you can see all of his qualities...he is big, mean, can skate, nasty and a true leader...he will learn how to play defense...it is time to bring in Beuke and Leetch.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Yogan--other shoulder, grade 1separation, out 7-10 days

Old
09-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Hagelin hasn't been dominating...I would think a 23 year old with 4 years of college hockey experience would show better than he has.
I haven't watched the games, but I'll say this: Hagelin comes across to me as a real systems guy. If he's not in a system that's well-established, he's not going to excel. Part of the reason why my guess is that he starts the year in Hartford. I wouldn't worry too much about him.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 03:46 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Yogan--other shoulder, grade 1separation, out 7-10 days
Ah, you answered the question I asked in the previous thread. Whew!

Still, sucks to have him out - his absence was noticeable yesterday.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Leslie,

My impressions from the games so far:

Really like JAM, Bourque, McColgan and Thomas but they are all extremely small and I think they will be exposed in the Buffalo game and then at the main camp.

Thomas is very shifty and has an NHL shot with above average speed...do you realistically see him as an impact player in the NHL?

Bourque has all the attributes you want in a player but I can't see him lasting long in the league.

Randy McNaught has the potential to be a little less skilled Mike Rupp.

JT Miller has potential...just not sure it is Mike Richard'esque or more Kirk Maltby

Jason Wilson, I was hoping more from...they will need his size tonight.

Who out of Baldwin, Cerensak, Bowman is the 6th dman tonight...my guess, Baldwin.

Leslie, I would welcome a rebuttable.

McColgan is fiesty and I don't see his size as a deteriment as much as the others.

I think for all the negative things being written about Samuel Noreau, I think he has been impressive. Yes, he is slow but he knows how to use his stick and he is postionally sound.

Tim Erixon, you can tell he is a seasoned kid but I have noticed on a few occassions where he hasn't engaged in the defensive zone and has been either knocked off the opposing player or the player has just gotten by on him...I think that is a concern...I can understand all the love for the kid but he is not as seasoned or as prepared for the NHL as some make him out to be.

McIlrath hasn't has the best tourament and Clark mentioned that in the interview but you can see all of his qualities...he is big, mean, can skate, nasty and a true leader...he will learn how to play defense...it is time to bring in Beuke and Leetch.
I am going to do a complete review of the players in my blog after the tourney is over (not tonight's game review; hopefully tomorrow). I think that's the best way to respond to all of your remarks (and all the other questions that I am getting).

Old
09-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

McColgan has been extremely impressive. Has outclassed St. Croix and others who have been good, but not standout.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:37 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

I'm not happy with McIlrath's game.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I'm not happy with McIlrath's game.
I think we have to be patient with him. Realistically their is no rush anyway so let him play another yr in the OHL and even 2 more in the AHL if need be.

Our top 6 is crazy young and guys like Parlett, Kundratek, Valentenko will likely be in CT this yr.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote