HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Sidney Crosby set to speak publicly Wednesday

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Sour Shoes
lol u mad cam?

vCash: 500
message board tough guys are the best.

Old
09-13-2011, 04:49 AM
OnlyTheBrave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11255...pid=sports.xml
Seems rather encouraging to know that even participating training camp isnt totally impossible.
He likely will participate in some form. Whether it's in the non-contact drills only or if he's going to be there for the off ice work outs and the non-contact stuff, he'll be there either way doing something.

People are acting as if he's sitting at home wondering what to do with himself, he's been doing workouts at varying intensity levels, it got too high and it proved he wasn't ready and so the set back and now people freaking out.

The biggest thing from this that every player that gets a concussion, he should seek opinions from more than 1 doctor.

No player wants to be put into a situation like Paul Kariya, Marc Savard or even the Lindros brothers. I mean in the end, Scott Stevens' career was ended by a concussion.

Anyone with the brass gonads to question his toughness?

No one?

Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookeyPookey View Post
What is actually wrong with him, doesnt concussion last two weeks at most?

Sidney needs a little HTFU
Let me know when 2 guys 6'5"+ and 220+ lbs nail you in the head in a matter of a week playing ice hockey at the professional level.

Oh right...you don't. Stick to something you know more about, whatever it is, it's definitely not concussions in hockey.

Old
09-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Trigger View Post
HookeyPookey is an enormous ******* and a pathetic troll. Ignore him.
He must be just winding people up, I mean, it just isn't possible to be that stupid.

Old
09-13-2011, 07:15 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
He must be just winding people up, I mean, it just isn't possible to be that stupid.
Maybe he's a victim of multiple concussions, put here on HF not to annoy, but to educate us on the dangers of how they can impact the average human's life and turn you into a dribbling, nonsensical, puddinghead.

Ladies and gentlemen...Exhibit A:

Old
09-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Concussion is a week or slow decisions 2 weeks max of slow decisions and you right, also the body is unaffected. HTFU
You just HAD to be a bruins fan. Way to reinforce the stereotype...

Old
09-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
You just HAD to be a bruins fan. Way to reinforce the stereotype...
I wonder what his thoughts on savard and bergeron are? They didnt HTFU either.

Old
09-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
I know someone who has had many concussions commentating on it wow, 2 weeks at most you have impaired decision making (which isnt even physical at all and you play through)

Also he is wearing more body armour than a 13th century Knight and a helmet, seriously HTFU

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNAWvhfBlNo[/YOUTUBE]

This guy played well 6 days later. You guys are over conscious to the point of paranoia about concussion, it's a bit like Global Warming really in the last 10 years all the sheep have been baaing about it. Ive seen people dazed 3 weeks in a row you dont die bro, just because on NFL player did something silly doesnt mean everyone with a concussion sits on the couch for a year HTFU, your wearing a ****** helmut A HELMUT what can go wrong, so it happens twice in a row very unlikely event you deserve two weeks off then to recover fully facilties in a pressure enviroment. The science has suddenly changed

Why get denied seeing the best players on huge paychecks when they are probably right to go.

At the very least it is still a disputed fact which facilities my argument of getting on with it and HTFU and until you produce medical literature stating otherwise HTFU KUNT.

even wikipedia is on my side "Treatment of concussion involves monitoring and rest. Symptoms usually go away entirely within three weeks"

Im not being unreasonable your being stupidly over cautious. Once the brain recovers after you get hit, 2-3 weeks at most you should be on the sidelines
Holy s**t. This is embarrassing.

Old
09-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
I got a concussion reading this thread. Don't worry, I'll be fine in two weeks.

Old
09-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Steve Holt
Fire Bylsma

Quote:
I know someone who has had many concussions commentating on it wow, 2 weeks at most you have impaired decision making (which isnt even physical at all and you play through)

Also he is wearing more body armour than a 13th century Knight and a helmet, seriously HTFU

This guy played well 6 days later. You guys are over conscious to the point of paranoia about concussion, it's a bit like Global Warming really in the last 10 years all the sheep have been baaing about it. Ive seen people dazed 3 weeks in a row you dont die bro, just because on NFL player did something silly doesnt mean everyone with a concussion sits on the couch for a year HTFU, your wearing a ****** helmut A HELMUT what can go wrong, so it happens twice in a row very unlikely event you deserve two weeks off then to recover fully facilties in a pressure enviroment. The science has suddenly changed

Why get denied seeing the best players on huge paychecks when they are probably right to go.

At the very least it is still a disputed fact which facilities my argument of getting on with it and HTFU and until you produce medical literature stating otherwise HTFU KUNT.

even wikipedia is on my side "Treatment of concussion involves monitoring and rest. Symptoms usually go away entirely within three weeks"

Im not being unreasonable your being stupidly over cautious. Once the brain recovers after you get hit, 2-3 weeks at most you should be on the sidelines

Old
09-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Syrinx
Heh...

vCash: 50
Quote:

The irony is that only someone who was dropped on their head and severely concussed as a child could actually be this stupid.

Old
09-13-2011, 11:18 AM
wickedwitch

Quote:

You're ignoring a very important word.

Old
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
clefty
Crazy in the Coconut

Hehehehehehe

Helmut.... A HELMUT!

Old
09-13-2011, 07:55 PM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Is he speaking tomorrow?

Old
09-13-2011, 07:56 PM
clefty
Crazy in the Coconut

Say what?

Old
09-13-2011, 08:06 PM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Tomorrow's Wednesday.

Old
09-13-2011, 08:10 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
No way guys. Wikipedia facilities HookeyPookey's post of facts. That guy is legit.

Old
09-13-2011, 08:51 PM
clefty
Crazy in the Coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Tomorrow's Wednesday.
It is. Just like it was a week ago when he had his press conference.

It was all over the hockey news.

Old
09-14-2011, 04:23 AM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
It is. Just like it was a week ago when he had his press conference.

It was all over the hockey news.
So he won't be speaking again?

Old
09-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
So he won't be speaking again?
Of course he will! Go ahead turn on the TV and wait, he will be speaking again, i'm sure of it.

Old
09-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Yes, given that he spoke on this a while back, I don't see what else could be said in this thread that's useful.

If there are any updates on his status, I'm sure there will be a new thread on it.

Closed.

Closed Thread