HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 12....Flyers

Old
09-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Snipsnap12

vCash: 500
9-2-1 Started off slow but now I am picking up steam. They have the flyers offense rated 81 and leafs 92 after the roster update. What. A. Joke.

Anyway I love this roster.... it is very weird seeing 18 and 17 but different players.

Also the subtle changes are hard to get used to but make it more realistic and harder to score.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:11 AM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Yeah. Haven't really had a steady club since early 09. Right now "we" have a club, but it only has 3 members. It typically ends up lasting for about a month or so, then people stop playing and caring.
I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the VHL? Its a 6v6 league and last season I played for the AHL champion Norfolk Admirals for a bunch of games because our CHL team was my team but I got called up a lot. Either way I won't be able to play very much club or VHL this season because I have travel and scholastic hockey and instead of 1 or sometimes 2 nights a week at hockey, I have 5 nights a week of it. It kind of makes me sad I can't play as much, but I realize I actually have a life now lol. I used to play XBOX from 2:30 to 10 every weekday, 2:30 to 4 am on Friday nights, and whenever I woke up to 4 am into Sunday.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:13 AM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Wonder how many hockey noobs/casual fans will think your RIP Loko team name is after the de-shelving of Four Loko's
Yeah. RIP Lokomotiv was already taken and I didn't want to put Yaroslavl cause I don't really like the sound of that.

Old
09-14-2011, 01:17 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the VHL? Its a 6v6 league and last season I played for the AHL champion Norfolk Admirals for a bunch of games because our CHL team was my team but I got called up a lot. Either way I won't be able to play very much club or VHL this season because I have travel and scholastic hockey and instead of 1 or sometimes 2 nights a week at hockey, I have 5 nights a week of it. It kind of makes me sad I can't play as much, but I realize I actually have a life now lol. I used to play XBOX from 2:30 to 10 every weekday, 2:30 to 4 am on Friday nights, and whenever I woke up to 4 am into Sunday.
I was banned from VHL for being affiliated to a different league.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:22 AM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
I was banned from VHL for being affiliated to a different league.
oh really? There's a lot of players with other leagues in the VHL. That's weird. Norfolk made me mad in the playoffs anyway because they said they would play me but someone cried about playing time and they got to play instead. I only play summer season for that anyway but I think I'm done with it now.

Old
09-14-2011, 01:36 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
oh really? There's a lot of players with other leagues in the VHL. That's weird. Norfolk made me mad in the playoffs anyway because they said they would play me but someone cried about playing time and they got to play instead. I only play summer season for that anyway but I think I'm done with it now.
Yeah, also cause I told Crusher to stop inviting me to parties until all hours of the night. And that he was annoying as hell. Lol

Old
09-14-2011, 01:48 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
They have the flyers offense rated 81 and leafs 92 after the roster update. What. A. Joke.
BUT THEY HAVE KADRI!

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 02:04 AM
97FlyersKing18

I think that it is the best game yet of NHL, the AI improvements are significant. In NHL 11 Be A GM, I played on Superstar and regularly won between 40 and 45 games at about the 5 seed, and in this one right now I am 5-7-3 through 10 games.

I have only had 2 breakaways so far, while in the past that was a major way that I scored goals. My power-play is also off its last years pace as defenders don't pressure me to open up the one timer at the top of the umbrella and my shots often get tipped wide and over the glass. To me, it seems like a pretty good offensive strategy is to crash the net following a low shot to the outside pad.

However, having Bryzgalov is amazing, as he has been a stonewall for me. Also, JVR is a pure beast with 13 points in my first 10 games where I only scored 28 goals and given up 34. I might have to set the difficulty to all-star to get the team stats where they should be, but I'd imagine the simulator will compensate.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 02:17 AM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
I think that it is the best game yet of NHL, the AI improvements are significant. In NHL 11 Be A GM, I played on Superstar and regularly won between 40 and 45 games at about the 5 seed, and in this one right now I am 5-7-3 through 10 games.

I have only had 2 breakaways so far, while in the past that was a major way that I scored goals. My power-play is also off its last years pace as defenders don't pressure me to open up the one timer at the top of the umbrella and my shots often get tipped wide and over the glass. To me, it seems like a pretty good offensive strategy is to crash the net following a low shot to the outside pad.

However, having Bryzgalov is amazing, as he has been a stonewall for me. Also, JVR is a pure beast with 13 points in my first 10 games where I only scored 28 goals and given up 34. I might have to set the difficulty to all-star to get the team stats where they should be, but I'd imagine the simulator will compensate.
I agree it feels more like "hockey" now instead of always trying to find your niche move and score. There is more random scoring events. Even littles things like weak shots squeaking through the goalies shoulder or pads, which never happened in years past.

Old
09-14-2011, 09:14 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
I agree it feels more like "hockey" now instead of always trying to find your niche move and score. There is more random scoring events. Even littles things like weak shots squeaking through the goalies shoulder or pads, which never happened in years past.
It would happen to you, just not for you.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Yea don't worry. Goalies gave up tons of weak shots in NHL 11. Do goalies in NHL 12 actually hug the post this time? Wrap around used to work like 80% in NHL 11.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 12:56 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

I ****ing hate people who are clowns on NHL.

I'm up 3-0 in the second period of a versus game on this kid. And this is absolutely annoying. He paused the game to take a timeout I'm guessing, and now I'm sitting here with Bertuzzi on the right boards. And this kid is now away from his xbox. And I'm sitting here, hoping this ******* quits.

Old
09-14-2011, 01:05 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
My copy is "out for delivery" as of 9am. I have no idea why I ordered online this year instead of buying in store.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:40 PM
SCanedinavian

I preordered mine, but when they hadn't shipped it the day before release I cancelled and picked it up in the store the next day instead. Don't know how they think preorders are supposed to work, if I order in advance I expect to have it on releaseday. Weird how it's out in Europe before the US as well. Came out here last week.

SCanedinavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 02:27 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Is there a roster update available yet?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Mine was out for delivery as of 6:47 AM should be here within the hour if the UPS guy is on time.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 02:38 PM
SCanedinavian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Is there a roster update available yet?
mines done two roster updates when I've played with a friend online.

SCanedinavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
Yea don't worry. Goalies gave up tons of weak shots in NHL 11. Do goalies in NHL 12 actually hug the post this time? Wrap around used to work like 80% in NHL 11.
I agree goalies would let in weak shots, but from what I can remember they were more straight in rather than realistically squeezing through an opening.

Old
09-14-2011, 03:25 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
I agree goalies would let in weak shots, but from what I can remember they were more straight in rather than realistically squeezing through an opening.
That's true.

Puck seems even less 'magnetic' this year. Got a nice goal on a broken play where in previous years it would have vacuumed onto a d-man's stick.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Flyerfan808

My biggest points of satisfaction in NHL 12 are:

1) Hits do not send the receiver into multiple backflips + lays there on the ice for a good 10 seconds anymore... at least not yet.
2) Puck physics are noticably better. Especially on flip ins and dump ins the ice friction and inertia seem to have been adjusted very well. Also on rebounding I have yet to see the goalie save where the puck flys straight up into the air which I was accustomed to seeing at least 8 times a game in NHL 11 (and it drove me insane). Rebounds now tend to bounce out into the slot or into the corners depending on how good the goalie is.
3) Harder to score, and smarter AI. The standard backhand forehand deke is no longer a sure thing. AI seems to be a little more intuitive about making breakout passes and positioning in the offensive zone.

My biggest points of contention are:

1) Goalie passing: The one thing that continues to bother the living hell out of me is the effectiveness of goalie "passing" when they are covering the puck. This is an on going thing for EA and it needs to be NERFED big time. The introduction of goalie interference I am okay with, but the little flip pass to a teammate with the glove needs to result in an easy goal more often than not.
2) AI homerun passes: I still see cherrypickers on the redline/blueline. The "tap tap tap" pass needs to be much less accurate and easier to pick off.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:36 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Yeah, also cause I told Crusher to stop inviting me to parties until all hours of the night. And that he was annoying as hell. Lol
Haha that mightve been one of the reasons

Old
09-14-2011, 08:56 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

there's still no proper way to stick check. come on, EA.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 12:40 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
I turned penalties down to the lowest setting (without turning them off) and Briere (as the AI) still managed to get a 5 minute major for interference. I didn't even know that was possible

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 10:19 AM
MCAKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
The "tap tap tap" pass needs to be much less accurate and easier to pick off.
btw how in the world do you perform the "tap tap tap" pass

MCAKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Baddogg

I am loving the changes made to the game! Definitely more realistic and much tougher to score then in NHL11.

Although I was hoping they would make it harder for the jack***es that play out of position in EASHL to play with people that do play in the correct position....Like maybe take XP away from them until the can only play at a level of kindergarteners, which is where they belong. I can't stand when people on D are constantly going deep in the offensive zone....inconsiderate idiots!

Anybody else find this annoying?

Baddogg is offline   Reply With Quote