HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
03-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
To his defense, and not that he isnt saying dumb things more often that not, he didnt say anything like this. That's your conclusion not his.
Yes, I know. He didn't have a conclusion, he just made some type of face because he had no idea what to say.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
To be honest, I'd take Pagé over Villeneuve any day. Villeneuve is just a weird guy to me.
Pagé was at L'Attaque a Cinq, most of the time he can't control his panel. You need a guy that will challenge them. And MV was perfect for that.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Aurel Joliat

The worst panelist on those show is Francois Gagnon. What a big joke. I hate him. My dream is to fight him in a steel cage...

Le match is a lot better than the other show. I love to see Jean perron, Pierre Rinfret, Ciccone, Laraque etc.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
The worst panelist on those show is Francois Gagnon. What a big joke. I hate him. My dream is to fight him in a steel cage...

Le match is a lot better than the other show. I love to see Jean perron, Pierre Rinfret, Ciccone, Laraque etc.
Oh man my hate for Gagnon knows no bound. Stupid know-it-all, statistic junkie, Senators-loving....

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
So, does anybody else is watching L'Antichambre tonight?

Pierre Dagenais is talking about Koivu, Ribeiro, etc..

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:38 PM
TankEller*

Wow. Dagenais is all but bashing Koivu big time. Says he couldn't make the Habs a united "family" and that he acted selfishly and was on Ribeiro's back for things such as shift length. Basically said Koivu wasn't a good captain.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:39 PM
MathMan

2 years after Koivu has left they're still carrying on with the character assassination? Sheesh...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
So, does anybody else is watching L'Antichambre tonight?

Pierre Dagenais is talking about Koivu, Ribeiro, etc..
He has enormous hands...

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecole72 View Post
Wow. Dagenais is all but bashing Koivu big time. Says he couldn't make the Habs a united "family" and that he acted selfishly and was on Ribeiro's back for things such as shift length. Basically said Koivu wasn't a good captain.
Wouldn't telling a teammate to keep his shifts shorter be a sign of being a good captain?..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:57 PM
McSorleyStick
El Pistolero!

Lol they just made Ciccone dance the NZ rugby team's pre-game dance

I really like Le Match

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:17 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Wouldn't telling a teammate to keep his shifts shorter be a sign of being a good captain?..
Seriously...the captains in our beer hockey teams get on your case if you're out there for too long, why wouldn't Koivu? Ayoyoye...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:22 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He didn't tell directly, he apparently went to the coach and whined about it. All I'm doing is repeating what he said. I'm not talking Koivu anymore, he's part of the past.

I personally think Ribeiro was a hot case while he was here, but I still think he wasn't surrounded accurately, whether it's Koivu's, Julien's, Souray's or whoever's fault doesn't matter anymore.

Old
09-14-2011, 10:38 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Lol they just made Ciccone dance the NZ rugby team's pre-game dance

I really like Le Match
Tuned in right on time to see this.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 05:30 AM
RC51

WOW did everyone hear Dagenais ?

The Habs never used me at my best, Look I am slow, I should never be asked to go hit somebody in the corner then go to the front to score a goal. I am too slow. The proper way to use me is to plant me right in front of the net and then give me the puck so I score. WOW just WOW.

SO now everyone works hard just to hand the puck over to you so you can score ( and get 50 goals per year so you end up getting 7 million per year!!!!!!! )

What a self-centered and greedy comment.

RC51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 05:52 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post

The Habs never used me at my best, Look I am slow, I should never be asked to go hit somebody in the corner then go to the front to score a goal. I am too slow. The proper way to use me is to plant me right in front of the net and then give me the puck so I score. WOW just WOW.

SO now everyone works hard just to hand the puck over to you so you can score ( and get 50 goals per year so you end up getting 7 million per year!!!!!!! )

I still remember when the Habs got Jim Dowd some years ago, they showed his arrival on RDS, at the end of a team practice, guy was smiling and everyone was saluting him, then comes Dagenais, in all his self-centered glory, and he never even looked at him... I started to hate him that day.

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 07:52 AM
neofury*

I still remember 110% I remember one time I don't remember if it was 110% or Anti Chambre but one guy was clearly wasted and went nuts and was subsequently fired. He kept saying "cest la ******** ca" or something to that affect" the word being BS.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Joe Cole

All the hockey shows in Quebec are just pathetic when compared to ESPN football shows, and even TSN Hocksey shows.

Bottom line, they just do not measure up. Not even close. Just bravado, cliches, character assasinations, some folksy racism from time to time, that boring and obvious pyschologist... and once in a while some actual hockey talk.

But, sometimes I just want to hear talk about hockey, and they serve that purpose for a very short duration. Then I just change the channel.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 09:46 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
All the hockey shows in Quebec are just pathetic when compared to ESPN football shows, and even TSN Hocksey shows.

Bottom line, they just do not measure up. Not even close. Just bravado, cliches, character assasinations, some folksy racism from time to time, that boring and obvious pyschologist... and once in a while some actual hockey talk.

But, sometimes I just want to hear talk about hockey, and they serve that purpose for a very short duration. Then I just change the channel.
A formula with Pierre McGuire, Danny Dubé, Francois Gagnon, Martin Lemay and M-A Godin would be amazing. Imagine those 5.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecole72 View Post
Dagenais is a nobody, it's a joke that anybody on a tv netork allows him to say anything negative about Koivu. If dagenais had 1/4 of the herat and work ethic Koivu has he wouldn't just have been a journeyman NHLer that played most of his career in Europe. He's defending Ribeiro because they were party buddies, taht was the biggest reason Koivu was on Ribeiro...spent half his energy getting high and getting laid at the expense of his on ice play.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 10:37 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post

Francois Gagnon reminds me of a Francophone frankenstein. Put the bolts on his neck and you're good to go.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
A formula with Pierre McGuire, Danny Dubé, Francois Gagnon, Martin Lemay and M-A Godin would be amazing. Imagine those 5.
I so agree.

The first two, yes!

The others, well, we all have favorites in the "business of hockey" side. Lemay isn't one of mine.

The truth seems to be that a show that talks about hockey, the game, not the fluff, rumours and nationalism around it, would simply not be popular. Folks here like dirt and name calling.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:30 AM
NewHabsEra*

Personally I cant stand Le Moose on le match, terrible animator, no timing, stupid questions ect ect..

Lantichambre, I cant stand Michel Bergeron with his usual erratic comments..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:50 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post

Is that why he wasn't a point per game in the Austrian league?

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:54 AM
TankEller*

Anybody caught the 5 minutes tip where they were talking about whether or not insurance covered Markov? NOW that was really stupid.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I watch none of those if Dany Dubé isn't present to equilibrate the dumbness:smartness ratio

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote