HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colton Teubert's nose knows?

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Colton Teubert's nose knows?

Is he NHL ready tough?

Looks like another guy that gets injured too much.

Kind of fitting I guess that he missed almost all of the tournament and gets injured so far any time he plays anywhere for the Oiler org. 2 AHL Playoff games last year then promptly injured. 2 periods so far this year then promptly injured.

Yeah, you know I'm not impressed.

Because frankly, What Teubert did in the first game of the prospects tourney was monumentally stupid.
Up 7-1 in a meaningless game, in the 3rd period, and he STARTS a fight that quickly goes horribly wrong and ends up with him having a broken nose/face/concussion or possible all of the above. Kind of weird that a guy that shouldn't even be in this game(he should be exempt from a prospects game by now)ends up looking green.

Not only did he get a Class A bell ringing and look like a complete amateur in the fight he outweighs, outreaches, and had a height advantage over his opponent, Polasek. Plus he's a year and a half older and one would like to think brighter.

Except I doubt thats the case.

This is Sheldon Souray stupid. Without the skill.

Not writing him off but sure doesn't look good at this point.

Last edited by Replacement: 09-15-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old
09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Toydarian

is his toughness in question or durability?

Old
09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

I'd have to agree on the IQ level.

I mean Pyatt is a soft spoken guy, but he's not a guy one should mess with:

Old
09-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Kind of weird that a guy that shouldn't even be in this game(he should be exempt from a prospects game by now)
I've always figured a prospect to be someone that has yet to play with the big squad.

I'm not sure what to think of Teubert after all this. I like his toughness in general and he seemed like a good leader during the oilers rookie camp, but this was a bit of a dumb move on his part. He's not THAT young anymore, so I feel he should have been more responsible and picked his fight better, but boys will be boys I suppose.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:53 AM
I am the Liquor

Kid is trying to impress his bosses and is trying to win a job in the nhl. Im not going to bag on him for trying to do that.

This is pretty low class imo.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
is his toughness in question or durability?
Well really either.

He got totally punked by a guy barely 20 and thats a full 1 and a half yrs younger and that is smaller than him.

Thats like the grade 12 trying to frosh somebody and gets stuffed in a garbage can by the grade 10.

Really this doesn't bode well once Colton ever has to go up against real NHL players. If that ever happens.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Hockey Nightmare
Stare of Death

Sometimes we forget that these guys are human beings. Throwing around words like "stupid" for something as trivial as this just...isn't very nice.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:58 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Well really either.

He got totally punked by a guy barely 20 and thats a full 1 and a half yrs younger and that is smaller than him.

Thats like the grade 12 trying to frosh somebody and gets stuffed in a garbage can by the grade 10.

Really this doesn't bode well once Colton ever has to go up against real NHL players. If that ever happens.
Also, this was Colten's 36th career fight and it was Polasek's 3rd...

Old
09-15-2011, 12:58 AM
dnicks17

Really?

The kid gets pegged directly in the nose and now his NHL toughness is being questioned?

Brashear got KO'd by a much less experienced Belak. Did you ever question Brashear's toughness?

Oh, Oilers fans...sometimes...

P.S. Polasek is the same height and heavier than Teubert.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:59 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
I've always figured a prospect to be someone that has yet to play with the big squad.

I'm not sure what to think of Teubert after all this. I like his toughness in general and he seemed like a good leader during the oilers rookie camp, but this was a really dumb move on his part. He's not THAT young anymore, so I feel he should have been more responsible and picked his fight better, but boys will be boys I suppose.
Yeah, I'm being hard on the guy because being one of the oldest players in the tournament you'd think maybe he'd know better.

Really whats he got to prove? He's on the radar, everybody knows who he is. Its not like he's not guaranteed a spot at camp or is a guy that desperately has to show something quick. None of this applies in his case.

Although I imagine what does apply is his ability to think and pick his spots and play some smart hockey at this level.

Man, the guys trying to show he's tough by getting clocked like that? That didn't work out too well.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:00 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Really?

The kid gets pegged directly in the nose and now his NHL upside is being question for that reason?

Polasek is listed on the Canucks site as 6'3 190 and Teubert was last listed on the LA site(And Oilers site) as 6'4 195.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Also, this was Colten's 36th career fight and it was Polasek's 3rd...
Interesting stat. Not sure what Colten learned in those 35 previous fights. Many of which I've watched before making this thread.

I know he brings a physical game but I wonder how much of a factor he can be for very long getting clocked like that.

To me its exactly resembles what happens to a boxer that moves up through the ranks too quickly and faces the unscouted opponent.

Not that he lost the fight, **** happens. But he got KTFO by a straight telegraphed punch that landed flush and with his head moving smack dab into hurt.

In any boxing corner thats back to school time and learn some fundamentals.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Really?

The kid gets pegged directly in the nose and now his NHL toughness is being questioned?

Brashear got KO'd by a much less experienced Belak. Did you ever question Brashear's toughness?

Belak's an acknowledged fighter and one of the top in the heavyweight ranks at the time.

Polasek isn't even well known as a fighter. Your analogy doesn't fly. If Brashear got decked by an unknown then yeah.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:15 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Interesting stat. Not sure what Colten learned in those 35 previous fights. Many of which I've watched before making this thread.

I know he brings a physical game but I wonder how much of a factor he can be for very long getting clocked like that.

To me its exactly resembles what happens to a boxer that moves up through the ranks too quickly and faces the unscouted opponent.

Not that he lost the fight, **** happens. But he got KTFO by a straight telegraphed punch that landed flush and with his head moving smack dab into hurt.

In any boxing corner thats back to school time and learn some fundamentals.
What's interesting about it? He got hit with a lucky shot that broke his nose. Its not the end of the world or even Teubert's career.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

So a guy eats a perfect punch and now he gets shat on for it? I guess Peckham should stop fighting too, Big Mac as well, Godard beat his ass.

09-15-2011, 01:17 AM
dnicks17

Peckham got KO'd by a non-fighter.

He must not be "NHL tough" either.

Your "tough guys don't get KO'd" theory is bulletproof.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:21 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Teuberts nose is pretty used to this. Not like this is a one time thing.

Its kind of funny that he's been injured in the last two consecutive games he's played for the org.

ftr I didn't call him stupid I called the action stupid which it pretty clearly was. If this has him missing or less than 100% for the main camp it was at best a really bad decision on his part.
Really unnecessary decision.

Theres really no hockey fighter that I'm aware of that initiates a fight out of thin air secs off a faceoff in the 3rd period of a 7-1 lead in an entirely meaningless game.

All Teubert has to do is show up and look like a good D and that can throw some hits and play it tough. He did the one thing to expose himself.

Was that smart?

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 09-15-2011 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Deleted quote
Old
09-15-2011, 01:22 AM
dnicks17

Teubert's nose can break?

Trade him now before anyone else finds out.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Peckham got KO'd by a non-fighter.

He must not be "NHL tough" either.

Your "tough guys don't get KO'd" theory is bulletproof.
Well if I made that statement anywhere I guess I'd be wrong.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:25 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Teuberts nose is pretty used to this. Not like this is a one time thing.

Its kind of funny that he's been injured in the last two consecutive games he's played for the org.

ftr I didn't call him stupid I called the action stupid which it pretty clearly was. If this has him missing or less than 100% for the main camp it was at best a really bad decision on his part.
Really unnecessary decision.

Theres really no hockey fighter that I'm aware of that initiates a fight out of thin air secs off a faceoff in the 3rd period of a 7-1 lead in an entirely meaningless game.

All Teubert has to do is show up and look like a good D and that can throw some hits and play it tough. He did the one thing to expose himself.

Was that smart?
He was trying to make an impression. That's what these camps are about for these kids. He took a lucky punch, and went down. Not a big deal at all.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:26 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
So a guy eats a perfect punch and now he gets shat on for it? I guess Peckham should stop fighting too, Big Mac as well, Godard beat his ass.
No, Teubert should maybe stop fighting. Or learn to dance at this level.

Nobodies questioning Peckhams toughness. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
He was trying to make an impression. That's what these camps are about for these kids. He took a lucky punch, and went down. Not a big deal at all.
I covered this in post 10, and 17. He doesn't have to make an impression as a pugilist in a prospects tourney.

What he should be doing is showing his superior defensive ability, tough play, hits, and separating himself from peers. Instead he separated himself from the whole tournament and the worse scenario for him being that he may have jeopardized his main camp readiness.

I would say thats a big deal.

Old
09-15-2011, 01:32 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Well if I made that statement anywhere I guess I'd be wrong.
I was wondering about that

Quote:
No, Teubert should maybe stop fighting. Or learn to dance at this level.

Nobodies questioning Peckhams toughness. Not sure what that has to do with anything.
He seems to be an emotional fighter, or a slightly unskilled one. Either way he likes to reach back as far as humanly possible and swing for the fences, which anyone will tell you that unless you have an iron jaw or incredible head movement that is not the way to fight.

As indicated by an early video posted.

He gets the first punch on Pyatt, but when he gets hit his head moves away as it should, but then he brings it back to the exact same spot where he got clocked. Same with his fight against Polasek.

Now getting beat by Pyatt isn't that bad, as Pyatt did well against Ivanans, but it speaks to his poor choices when it comes to situations.

Last edited by AndyPipkin: 09-15-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old
09-15-2011, 01:35 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:

He seems to be an emotional fighter, or an slightly unskilled one. Either way he likes to reach back as far as humanly possible and swing for the fences, which anyone will tell you that unless you have an iron jaw or incredible head movement that is not the way to fight.

He gets the first punch on Pyatt, but when he gets hit his head moves away as it should, but then he brings it back to the exact same spot where he got clocked. Same with his fight against Polasek.

Now getting beat by Pyatt isn't that bad, as Pyatt did well against Ivanans, but it speaks to his poor choices when it comes to situations.
Is there some particular reason you feel the need to come on our board and post this video twice in the same thread? On the same page even?

Old
09-15-2011, 01:38 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:

He seems to be an emotional fighter, or a slightly unskilled one. Either way he likes to reach back as far as humanly possible and swing for the fences, which anyone will tell you that unless you have an iron jaw or incredible head movement that is not the way to fight.

Yeah, Teuberts fighting form is a little unorthodox.

Agree that he just leaves his head in the worst spots. Seems to have no awareness that when he goes for the big swing and a miss he's wide open.

Just a target.

Closed Thread