HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koskinen

Old
09-12-2011, 07:28 AM
CrossCheck

vCash: 500
Koskinen

Hi Isles,

what do you guys expect from Mikko in a near future? Any chance he'll have an NHL career with you or with any other team?

Has he any progressed since his draft day, having been drafted still in early second round?

Thanks for info on this intriguing prospect!

CrossCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Sneekypete

He has had a few injuries since coming across the pond and I have been less then impressed by him so far. I have yet to see him play well enough to steal a game. Also he has allowed some extremely weak goals over the last 2 seasons. Mikko`s rebound control is terrible, he leaves a ton of big juicy rebounds. If he progresses this year it will be because he stepped up to the plate and excelled because the Islanders and Bport Sound Tigers have to find a way to sort out 6 goalies. If he does not this will most likely be his last season as a Islander prospect.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

If he doesn't step up and take that next step, I can see him being moved.

The Isles have to sort out Poulin, Koskinen and Nillson. Poulin will likely be the starter, but...you see where I'm going.

Mr Wentworth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 08:30 AM
StrongIslanders90

Right now I see future Starting Potential in Poulin and Nilsson.....but I dont see that in Mikko.....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 11:04 PM
SpeedDemon

Hard to say. I doubt he's fully recovered from the injury that cost him the entire 09-10 season. He was hung out to dry at times during 4 game stint and got sent down when Lawson was off IR (poor move by management there IMO).

Don't forget we still Nabby and DP the former of which shouldn't even be here considering how he snubbed us last spring and the latter hasn't been in decent game form since his all-star appearance.
I'm thinking DP and Nabby get the spots of the bat because they're veterans (which means 2 of our 6 guys are getting paid to sit seeing how we ended the affilation with Utah) sucks really.

so in other words .... who knows. I'm Hoping to see him don the Orange and Blue once again.

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Veteran journeyman

Most goals are not the fault of the goaltender. Skilled forwards beat defensemen and get good shots. But good goalies come up with the big save, and handle the gimmes with ease. So far, Koskinen hasn't done too much of either. There's potential, but he's fighting it out with two good prospects.

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 01:23 AM
IslesNorway

I think he's very raw and needs more time before we can make a fair assessment of him. The problem is that the Isles have too many goalies and perhaps he should be better off being loaned back to Finland or Sweden? I think he's ECHL bound if he's not loaned or traded

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 05:02 AM
Ziggy16

hes raw b/c he lost a full year after hip surgery (take the hint rick?), then after getting into game shape a few games in the ahl being forced into the nhl thanks to the wheel of injuries, and then having hand surgery this offseason... these last 3 years were bad for him..

Ziggy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 07:03 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Not much to get excited about. Talent is there, he's a BIG boy, but his reflexes are slow and his glove hand is awful at this level. Why do pucks seemingly always get through him?

Anyone remember his game vs. Toronto last year? Phaneauf took a slap shot from center ice and it tricked THROUGH koskinen wide. Oy vey.

With Nilsson and Poulin as two, legitimate starting goaltending prospects, Mikko will be a thing of the past soon - I imagine.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote