Mäkitalo bloodlines

Old
09-13-2011, 02:43 AM
Padawan
Former *********

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaunaCrew View Post
And about this surname thing, Finland is bilingual country we are allowed to have Swedish surnames.
Excellent point. Sweden is not a bilingual country so thus they aren't allowed to have Finnish names. So hand over Pääjärvi, Mäkitalo and all of the others and no sudden moves!

Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan View Post
Excellent point. Sweden is not a bilingual country so thus they aren't allowed to have Finnish names. So hand over Pääjärvi, Mäkitalo and all of the others and no sudden moves!
Wow, when this forgotten rule gets known there will be a really bad chain reaction. For instance, Finland would have to hand over Kiprusoff to Russia and Hirschowitz to...whereever origin his name has. But if we can keep Pääjärvi and Mäkitalo we won't make a fuzz about this rule, and you can keep Kiprusoff and Hirschowitz.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Keeptdos

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Wow, when this forgotten rule gets known there will be a really bad chain reaction. For instance, Finland would have to hand over Kiprusoff to Russia and Hirschowitz to...whereever origin his name has. But if we can keep Pääjärvi and Mäkitalo we won't make a fuzz about this rule, and you can keep Kiprusoff and Hirschowitz.
No no it is all fine. We are willing to give both of them away.

Keeptdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
The way Kiprusoft has choked playing for our national team, we are willing to give him away... And mentioning "Hirso" in this one, well let's just say that he isn't even national team material. So it works us well.

Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Zikolako
mailataikuri

Quote:
Hirschowitz to...whereever origin his name has.
Hirschovits-Gerz, as his name is, origins from Lithuania

Zikolako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:34 AM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
They would also lose Cristopher Gibson to Canada and Alexander Barkov jr to Russia and Bergenheim to... I dunno Holland perhaps?

That's not worth it right for a couple of halfassed prospects and a retired Tommy Salo.

This forgotten rule would also strenghten Ugandas hockeyteam with the Owuya brothers, Uganda would then become a superpower and beat Finland and cause embarrassment for the finnish people. You wouldn't want that would you?

Last edited by cheerupmurray: 09-14-2011 at 08:51 AM.
cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
They would also lose Cristopher Gibson to Canada and Alexander Barkov jr to Russia and Bergenheim to... I dunno Holland perhaps?
Gibson is half british, not Canadian.

I'm pretty sure Bergenheim has Finnish-Swede heritage, so we wouldn't lose him to anyone.

Barkov can actually choose between Russia and Finland so that one might actually become reality.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:46 AM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
I'm pretty sure Bergenheim has Finnish-Swede heritage, so we wouldn't lose him to anyone.
The name doesn't sound swedish at all. After reading about it it's seems like it's a swedish noble family with roots in Värmland. Originally a german name.

Lots of norteuropeans, germans, frenchspeaking beligians and so on, went to parts of Sweden with lot of mines in the 1600-th century, since they where good smiths and knew a lot of stuff about mining and so forth they where highly respected. Some of them became noblemen. A early case of "arbetskraftinvandring".

Last edited by cheerupmurray: 09-14-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old
09-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
The name doesn't sound swedish at all. After reading about it it's seems like it's a swedish noble family with roots in Värmland. Originally a german name.

Lots of norteuropeans, germans, frenchspeaking beligians and so on, went to parts of Sweden with lot of mines in the 1600-th century, since they where good smiths and knew a lot of stuff about mining and so forth they where highly respected. Some of them became noblemen. A early case of "arbetskraftinvandring".
I thought this was discussed earlier in some other thread and it came to the conclusion that they were nobles that changed their name to more fancier sounding Bergenheim from something else.

I could be wrong though. Still, he's 100% Finnish.

Old
09-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
I thought this was discussed earlier in some other thread and it came to the conclusion that they were nobles that changed their name to more fancier sounding Bergenheim from something else.

I could be wrong though. Still, he's 100% Finnish.
I mean changed their name to Bergenheim from some normal Swedish name.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:02 AM
dawgweed

Here is the Bergenheim info from the other thread;

Finnish family Bergenheim is not german, it's swedish, actually the family originates from the county Värmland. Initially the name was Bergenhem, but one member got dubbed into nobility and then changed his spelling to Bergenheim, likely to make the name sound german. There were a lot of germans in high positions in the swedish society in the 17th century... people who want to move up the social ladder often try to imitate the upper classes. Sometime in the 18th century a Bergenheim family member moved to Vaasa and from there the family spread over Finland.

dawgweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgweed View Post
Here is the Bergenheim info from the other thread;

Finnish family Bergenheim is not german, it's swedish, actually the family originates from the county Värmland. Initially the name was Bergenhem, but one member got dubbed into nobility and then changed his spelling to Bergenheim, likely to make the name sound german. There were a lot of germans in high positions in the swedish society in the 17th century... people who want to move up the social ladder often try to imitate the upper classes. Sometime in the 18th century a Bergenheim family member moved to Vaasa and from there the family spread over Finland.
Yeah, so he's 100% Finnish.

We don't need to hand him over.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:54 AM
cheerupmurray

Hmm, Finland is bilingual but it's not trilingual. Pokka is a same name, so according to the ancient rule: If the familyname is not in a official language you got to hand him over, Ville Pokka should be released to play for Samelands hockeyteam.

If the scotts and welch can have their own soccerteams the sames can have a hockeyteam.

Also say goodbye to Leo Komarov

You can still just forget about the whole thing. Nobody needs to know about this rule, we can even give you the old grinder Jari Tolsa (for free!) to sweaten the deal.

Last edited by cheerupmurray: 09-15-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old
09-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Dropkick Murphy

Quote:
P.Mäkitalos mother is swedish though. Same thing with Pääjärvi. Since you finns have a bad habit of stealing our women I think it's fair that we can keep the offspring
Yeah, but Sundin's mother is finnish. But judging by Mats's looks, I don't thing anyone in Finland was offended by that "steal". You can keep her.

Dropkick Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Hmm, Finland is bilingual but it's not trilingual. Pokka is a same name, so according to the ancient rule: If the familyname is not in a official language you got to hand him over, Ville Pokka should be released to play for Samelands hockeyteam.

If the scotts and welch can have their own soccerteams the sames can have a hockeyteam.
Dude. Sami is Finland's third official language. I'm not kidding, it actually is.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:55 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Dude. Sami is Finland's third official language. I'm not kidding, it actually is.
On a sidenote. The Salming brothers are of a sami blood. These are the only sami hockey players in Sweden I know of. Sweden would lose its only hockey hall of fame player to sameland.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
It's 'an official minority language' just like Finnish and Sami are in Sweden.

Old
09-28-2011, 03:27 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Murphy View Post
Yeah, but Sundin's mother is finnish. But judging by Mats's looks, I don't thing anyone in Finland was offended by that "steal". You can keep her.
I bet he has some finnish on his father's side as well considering how more common Sundin seems to be in Finland. Nearly anyone in Sweden I know with the name Sundin has roots in Finland.

Anders Eriksson is another swede who should suit up for the Sápmi national team.

Pääjärvi should suit up for the Tornio national team. Awkwardly spelled Rajalakso in soccer should also be put on skates for them.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Blank

Quote:

Also say goodbye to Leo Komarov

You can still just forget about the whole thing. Nobody needs to know about this rule, we can even give you the old grinder Jari Tolsa (for free!) to sweaten the deal.
Cool.. It doesn't really matter.. I kinda like the Samelanders. Just make sure you hand over Zlatan to Bosnia. Preferably this happens before 7.10

Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
Cool.. It doesn't really matter.. I kinda like the Samelanders. Just make sure you hand over Zlatan to Bosnia. Preferably this happens before 7.10
Let's not go there. We'll lose half of our soccer team.

Old
10-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Blank

Quote:
If it was any good I might cry over losing it.. But as it stands, if we suck, let's make sure our dear neighbour sucks too

Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:49 PM
mattihp

Quote:
Worsening the soccer team would be awesome. So many promising hockeyplayers choose it over hockey. It also seems that the ultimate choice comes extra late in Finland compared to other hockey countries where a player is really promising in both sports.

Old
10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Paatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Worsening the soccer team would be awesome. So many promising hockeyplayers choose it over hockey. It also seems that the ultimate choice comes extra late in Finland compared to other hockey countries where a player is really promising in both sports.
And without hockey, our football team might actually be worth a damn

Nah, whatever sport will draw kids away from the playstation is worth having, and football is waaay cheaper to start as compared to hockey.

Paatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paatos View Post

Nah, whatever sport will draw kids away from the playstation is worth having, and football is waaay cheaper to start as compared to hockey.
Exactly. If you're born with a gold spoon up your butt, then you may be even able to choose. I was never able to afford football either, so I chose floorball (salibandy).

I also did slalom but that was only because I was related to one of the shopkeepers in Peuramaa ski so I could get the ski tickets and stuff for dirt cheap.

I've been thinking of starting ice hockey this winter as I'm now on a full time job but it will take some more consideration as I'm a total rookie (I can barely skate).

Old
10-06-2011, 05:11 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paatos View Post
Without hockey the football team could be ranked among the 40 best nations in the world and maybe once in two decades qualify for a senior championship. Without Football the hockey team could win gold medals every other year and we wouldn't have to wait 16 years...