Im really glad im hearing this from Torts, especially the part about HBO in relation to himself. I was worried that he would deny HBO access or full access to locker room and the day or certain day to day operations. It doesnt seem that way.
Furthermore, if anyone would be annoyed by the constant taping (and the jury is by all means, still out on this issue) it would be him and hes got to cast that aside to focus on his job which is leading this team to home ice in the playoffs.
Theres going to be a ton of things to be concerned about, hes right.
• A grueling training camp to get through
• A new captain
• A number of rookies to evaluate for the roster
• Trip to Europe for preseason and start of regular season, added travel
• Extended road trip because of the renovations, added travel early
• Improving Home Ice record (increased pressure this year with more homestands)
• Improving the PP
• Integrating the top free agent signing of the offseason
• Getting Gaborik back on his game
• Raised expectations across the board for a lot of the core youth, and the team in general
• Upcoming Winter Classic
• ... and HBO filming every moment of it the first half of the season
but thats what going to make it fun. Hopefully they all keep themselves on an even plane and its not too much of a rollercoaster ride the first half. Like he said there are a lot of easy excuses.
I don't understand, HBO gets to film the ENTIRE first half of the season? I thought it was just December last time?
I think Torts is a brilliant motivator, who really promotes and creates a team first mentality so hopefully that comes through.
Now that we have the talent on the ice, I really think the Rangers challenge for the Cup this year. Just gotta stay healthy and get hot at the right time. Also need someone to take a jump up, whether it be guys like Stepan, Anisimov, or MZA.
It's usually way cheaper than that if you have a full bundle with the company, I think my HBO is like 5 a month. Either way though lets say its 30 dollars for the 2 months the show is on...who cares, a night out to the movies that lasts 3 hours costs more than that.
Honestly, disregarding the road trip, that's not too difficult a schedule. Kings/Canucks are very good, but the rest are easily beatable, especially the Oilers, Islanders, and Jets. Should be a good start...should be, at least.