HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who gets a contract?

View Poll Results: Who gets a contract?
Nylander 12 30.00%
Mair 2 5.00%
Couturier 21 52.50%
other 5 12.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2011, 03:29 PM
  #26
sa cyred
Offseason...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Nodl would have to clear Waivers to be sent down. The Flyers are not going to risk losing him, as he would most certainly be claimed, to give Couturier a 8 game tryout.

Think it through before you respond with what do you mean where do they find the Cap space.

Larsson should fire his agent, or if he made the decision, have his head examined for taking that deal. What are the chances that bonuses included, that Couturier signs for under a 1 million.

Also keep in mind that a team needs to have some Cap space in reserve for inuries and call ups.
Umm.. I think I win this argument? I did think this through and provided some pretty valuable information. The team has showed in the past they can care less who they send through waivers. Fine, Nodl wont get sent down, Bartulis gets sent down then.

Oh and for injury call ups? Unless someone gets injured in the first 9 games, there is no problem. Say someone does, that is where the extra forward/defenseman comes into play.

Please reread everything before responding because you did not do that last time.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 04:08 PM
  #27
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Umm.. I think I win this argument? I did think this through and provided some pretty valuable information. The team has showed in the past they can care less who they send through waivers. Fine, Nodl wont get sent down, Bartulis gets sent down then.

Oh and for injury call ups? Unless someone gets injured in the first 9 games, there is no problem. Say someone does, that is where the extra forward/defenseman comes into play.

Please reread everything before responding because you did not do that last time.
Bartulis would also have to clear Waivers. Your statement that the team could care less about who they send through Waivers, makes zero sense. The Flyers aren't going to risk losing a solid young player to give Couturier a 8 game tryout, then send him to Juniors. I suggest you do the Cap numbers. Because if they send Bartulis down, and he clears, then who is the 7th D man? Any other option is more expensive against the Cap then Bartulis. I'm glad you think you win this argument. You clearly didn't think it through. You probably weren't even aware that Nodl and Bartulis had to clear Waivers to be sent down. The information you provided was bad information.


Last edited by VanSciver: 09-15-2011 at 04:15 PM.
VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 08:32 PM
  #28
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,706
vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Bartulis would also have to clear Waivers. Your statement that the team could care less about who they send through Waivers, makes zero sense. The Flyers aren't going to risk losing a solid young player to give Couturier a 8 game tryout, then send him to Juniors. I suggest you do the Cap numbers. Because if they send Bartulis down, and he clears, then who is the 7th D man? Any other option is more expensive against the Cap then Bartulis. I'm glad you think you win this argument. You clearly didn't think it through. You probably weren't even aware that Nodl and Bartulis had to clear Waivers to be sent down. The information you provided was bad information.
Lilja, Gustafsson.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 08:45 PM
  #29
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Lilja, Gustafsson.
Lilja is going to be on the team. the point is that Gustafsson has a higher Cap hit then Bartulis does.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 09:49 PM
  #30
Booba
Bouger les pieds
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Contract limit wise? Homer already said there was 0 problem in giving a contract out to a player that deserves it. This means he will get rid of other contracts.
Out of curiosity, what contracts would the Flyers get rid of?

I don't think any team will take your AHL fillers for a 7th pick or even future considerations.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 10:23 PM
  #31
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Bartulis would also have to clear Waivers. Your statement that the team could care less about who they send through Waivers, makes zero sense. The Flyers aren't going to risk losing a solid young player to give Couturier a 8 game tryout, then send him to Juniors. I suggest you do the Cap numbers. Because if they send Bartulis down, and he clears, then who is the 7th D man? Any other option is more expensive against the Cap then Bartulis. I'm glad you think you win this argument. You clearly didn't think it through. You probably weren't even aware that Nodl and Bartulis had to clear Waivers to be sent down. The information you provided was bad information.
You are right on your points. And the big swedes agent should be fired for that contract.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 10:37 PM
  #32
sa cyred
Offseason...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Bartulis would also have to clear Waivers. Your statement that the team could care less about who they send through Waivers, makes zero sense. The Flyers aren't going to risk losing a solid young player to give Couturier a 8 game tryout, then send him to Juniors. I suggest you do the Cap numbers. Because if they send Bartulis down, and he clears, then who is the 7th D man? Any other option is more expensive against the Cap then Bartulis. I'm glad you think you win this argument. You clearly didn't think it through. You probably weren't even aware that Nodl and Bartulis had to clear Waivers to be sent down. The information you provided was bad information.
I did know they had to clear waivers. NHL analysis Bill Meltzer had an article about this a month or so ago. Thanks for assuming false information. They dont usually keep both an extra forward and defenseman. But lets throw in another scenario, Sestito outbeats Shelly and he gets waived. And there is more cap room. You making something that is very easy to do like its rocket science. If they think he should play on the big squad, they will make room. Thats pretty much a fact so I dont know what you are arguing about... Please think over your information before you post. Thanks.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 10:40 PM
  #33
sa cyred
Offseason...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Out of curiosity, what contracts would the Flyers get rid of?

I don't think any team will take your AHL fillers for a 7th pick or even future considerations.
I was not really thinking about future considerations, but that is certainly possible. Or you could make trades (two for one, etc).

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:52 AM
  #34
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I did know they had to clear waivers. NHL analysis Bill Meltzer had an article about this a month or so ago. Thanks for assuming false information. They dont usually keep both an extra forward and defenseman. But lets throw in another scenario, Sestito outbeats Shelly and he gets waived. And there is more cap room. You making something that is very easy to do like its rocket science. If they think he should play on the big squad, they will make room. Thats pretty much a fact so I dont know what you are arguing about... Please think over your information before you post. Thanks.

It was painfully obvious that you weren't aware that Nodl had to clear Waivers, or you wouldn't have made the suggestion to do so, to give Couturier a 9 game tryout. Yes, they will make room if they think he is NHL ready. But now your changing your tune. There's a big difference between making moves to create cap space to keep the player for the full Season, and making a move and losing a player such as Nodl, just to give Couturier 9 games and send him back to Juniors. If we need to, we can review your previous posts and what you said. Your just going on from Nodl, to Bartulis, and now to Sestito. You obviously haven't looked at the Cap numbers, or thought it through. What is Couturier going to sign for?

You obviously think differently, but it makes zero sense to me, to make a move and potentially lose a solid young player such as Nodl, just to give Couturier a 9 game look, if you aren't positive he'll be there to stay. Which is what you suggested they do.


Last edited by VanSciver: 09-16-2011 at 07:00 AM.
VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:24 AM
  #35
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Adam Larsson signed that contract because he wants to play in the NHL this year. In doing so, he reaches ufa status sooner than he would have had he returned to Sweden with a bonus-filled contract. It's not so sure that he's losing any money going this route.

As for our situation, who the **** knows at this point. We have pretty much no cap space left (Lappy can be moved to LTIR though), so I wouldn't be completely surprised if we start out with a 21-man squad and have Bartulis act as both 7th d and 13th forward. That means playing Shelley on a regular basis (and no, I don't expect him to be waived).

If Couturier, Nylander, Mair or one of the Phantoms impresses enough in camp I'm sure room will be made for them, but it could be costly. We need to rid ourselves of contracts before any new (non-sliding) signings, and unless we find a team nice enough to take on Legein for future considerations or something like that, we could end up having to pay ourselves out of a contract. Not the best way of doing business, but what are you gonna do?

Couturier/Nylander can't sign for too much though, I think 1.35 is the absolute top to what we can afford and then we have pretty much zero space left for injury call ups.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 08:41 PM
  #36
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
In regards to the potential Couturier contract, Carolina got Ryan Murphy signed to a no-bonuses ELC. He was picked 12th in the draft after falling a couple of spots, similarly to Couturier.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:16 PM
  #37
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
It was painfully obvious that you weren't aware that Nodl had to clear Waivers, or you wouldn't have made the suggestion to do so, to give Couturier a 9 game tryout. Yes, they will make room if they think he is NHL ready. But now your changing your tune. There's a big difference between making moves to create cap space to keep the player for the full Season, and making a move and losing a player such as Nodl, just to give Couturier 9 games and send him back to Juniors. If we need to, we can review your previous posts and what you said. Your just going on from Nodl, to Bartulis, and now to Sestito. You obviously haven't looked at the Cap numbers, or thought it through. What is Couturier going to sign for?

You obviously think differently, but it makes zero sense to me, to make a move and potentially lose a solid young player such as Nodl, just to give Couturier a 9 game look, if you aren't positive he'll be there to stay. Which is what you suggested they do.
you start schenn in the ahl and bring him up after 8 games. im not sure what schenns escalators are but that could kill two birds with one stone. thus enabling you to keep both if theyre significant enough. could even play into negotiations.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:31 PM
  #38
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Actually, the earlier he is signed the better it is for the organization moving forward with his contract situation.

Waiting longer could take away seasons of RFA status that would otherwise be there should he be signed quickly.

(Also probably why, among a number of other significant reasons, Noebels got a contract so quickly.)
I was under the impression that they had about a year or two after the draft to sign a player without losing any RFA years. The new rule is 8 years in the league or 28 years old, so wouldnt that mean they could wait another year and still have him for his full 8 years as an RFA?

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:34 PM
  #39
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 116,368
vCash: 332
In order, Couturier, Nylander, Mair. Couturier will get one anyways, but I'm assuming it's implied he makes the team, and he gets the 9 game tryout.

Nylander has to blow people away, and Schenn would have to need time in the minors, which I'm not against.

There's just no room for Mair unless someone gets hurt during pre-season.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:45 PM
  #40
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
I was under the impression that they had about a year or two after the draft to sign a player without losing any RFA years. The new rule is 8 years in the league or 28 years old, so wouldnt that mean they could wait another year and still have him for his full 8 years as an RFA?

It's not 8 years. It's 7 Accrued Seasons or 27 years of age

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
  #41
Infiniti plus 1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post
Waive Shelley
Sign Couturier
?????
PROFIT!

If only real life were as simple as a video game.
Hey, a Redditor!

Infiniti plus 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
  #42
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 116,368
vCash: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
you start schenn in the ahl and bring him up after 8 games. im not sure what schenns escalators are but that could kill two birds with one stone. thus enabling you to keep both if theyre significant enough. could even play into negotiations.
Because there's no CBA next year, so Schenn's cap hit counts in full.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:31 AM
  #43
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
I'm going to assume no one has seen couturier play yet? He was awful in the rookie game and has not been playing with the A team at practice and camp, so he is most def not getting a contract this season, not to mention there is no need for him to get one, he needs to develop and put on a lot of weight. As for the others, I assume someone needs to go if either are signed as we are at the 50 contract limit as far as I know.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 11:38 AM
  #44
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
It's not 8 years. It's 7 Accrued Seasons or 27 years of age
Sorry, my bad. Still, same thing applies, right? We could not sign SC for a year or two and just keep him as an RFA until he is 27.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.