Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 12 out Tuesday @ Midnight!

Old
09-14-2011, 04:43 PM
FlameChampion

vCash: 500
Simmed through first season last night on be a GM. Jets finished like 6 to last, got 2nd pick overall from draft, traded pick for 1st overall and got Yakupov for the Jets

FlameChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:48 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Yeah, midnight launch at Future Shop. Evander Kane signed whichever version you wanted, the PS3 or Xbox. Some people in line weren't even there to buy the game, they were just there to get the signed sleeve.
awww man

good to hear, but looks like I won't be able to snag a Jets cover then...unless you can still get them? Or it was only the launch thing

I was out of town

roccerfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 07:46 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
awww man

good to hear, but looks like I won't be able to snag a Jets cover then...unless you can still get them? Or it was only the launch thing

I was out of town
Call them up, see if they have any left! Can't hurt. 772-5722.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 06:01 AM
spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
OT, but anyone want to help out with an NHL 12 website? Writing and forum?
Sure. Fire me a PM.

Was nice to be second in line, get to meet kaner and tell him not to be so damn nervous.

spicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Oilersfan82

Is there anything I can download to get the new Jets jersey I just picked this game up today?

Oilersfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan82 View Post
Is there anything I can download to get the new Jets jersey I just picked this game up today?
Have to wait for an update from EA. They said they're working on it for the next few months but I sincerely doubt it will take that long.

I give it a month tops.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

vCash: 50
Wow, what a disappointment.

Haven't bought this game since 09 cause it's the same old same old. Not even having the Jets in the game was exciting enough to interest me.

Selling the game and waiting for something actually fun.

09-16-2011, 04:11 AM
jnorthall

Send a message via Yahoo to jnorthall Send a message via Skype™ to jnorthall
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jets View Post
I hope EA Sports keep the 80s jersey as an option when the new one is available as a patch.

They look great.
Anyone know when the update will be available for Xbox?

jnorthall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:10 AM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post

Haven't bought this game since 09 cause it's the same old same old. Not even having the Jets in the game was exciting enough to interest me.

I don't think you've played the game very much than. NHL 11 was a huge upgrade and brought in an actual physics based collision system, an excellent card based Franchise mode in Hockey Ultimate Team, and EASHL where teams compete for REAL monthly prizes/titles.

On the surface, NHL 12 hasn't changed much from NHL 11 until you play the actual game. AI is much better and players actually play to their real life tendencies (for the most part). Hitting has finally been tailored to the size/strength of the player (minus the hip-check spamming online which will be fixed in a patch), and you can now interact with the Goaltender. The gameplay and AI alone IMO, is very much worth another purchase as this was their primary focus this year.

There are a hundred little things I could mention that are different from NHL 11, adding up to an excellent but completely different game. If someone is a casual hockey game fan, stick with NHL 11 if you already have it. If you are an enthusiast or sim freak, pick up NHL 12.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:20 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
I don't think you've played the game very much than. NHL 11 was a huge upgrade and brought in an actual physics based collision system, an excellent card based Franchise mode in Hockey Ultimate Team, and EASHL where teams compete for REAL monthly prizes/titles.

On the surface, NHL 12 hasn't changed much from NHL 11 until you play the actual game. AI is much better and players actually play to their real life tendencies (for the most part). Hitting has finally been tailored to the size/strength of the player (minus the hip-check spamming online which will be fixed in a patch), and you can now interact with the Goaltender. The gameplay and AI alone IMO, is very much worth another purchase as this was their primary focus this year.

There are a hundred little things I could mention that are different from NHL 11, adding up to an excellent but completely different game. If someone is a casual hockey game fan, stick with NHL 11 if you already have it. If you are an enthusiast or sim freak, pick up NHL 12.
I agree, NHL 12 is an excellent upgrade, not sure what game you were playing Jet.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

And this is why I love this place. I've been so busy lately with work that I haven't gotten a chance to get this game the first day it was released as I've always done, and this thread just reminded me about it. .. Tonight I will pick it up on my way home from work.

Hello 5:00, hello weekend, hello NHL12, hello couch.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

It really is the little things.

For instance this year I love that when you wind up for an approaching one timer your guy takes the shot on one knee a la Stamkos.

Just little additions that really make it stand out.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Ziggy66

ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
And this is why I love this place. I've been so busy lately with work that I haven't gotten a chance to get this game the first day it was released as I've always done, and this thread just reminded me about it. .. Tonight I will pick it up on my way home from work.

Hello 5:00, hello weekend, hello NHL12, hello couch.
^^^^This

What I have been doing for the last week for Madden12. Just waiting for my OT check so I can grab NHL12.

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:11 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
It really is the little things.

For instance this year I love that when you wind up for an approaching one timer your guy takes the shot on one knee a la Stamkos.

Just little additions that really make it stand out.
And the way you can block shots now is really nice.

I won't be getting the game until tomorrow night. Can't wait to play some club with my boys. Seems like it's easier to play defense finally. NHL 11 was extremely hard to play D. Looks like I can get back to my dominating form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post

I can see some people saying 12 is similar to 11, but to say 12 is similar to 09 is....out there. The shooting is nothing alike, the skating is different, there are now hip checks, the goalies are much more interactive, you can go down to a knee to block shots, there are a lot more dekes then before, and countless other things that are improved including BeAPro, BeAGM, and the adding of HUT. I also don't think you have ever played a game that had "Board play". There are so many things that are better in 12 then from 3 years ago.

Last edited by BigTuna49: 09-16-2011 at 09:17 AM.
BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post

Dude its just Lipstick on a Pig... EA has destroyed the Hockey franchise they havent made a good game since 07

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Played the NHL 12 demo that was available on PS3 and was underwhelmed to say the least; don't understand the effusive praise here at all. To each their own.

Saving my coin instead for BF3 & COD MW3.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
Dude its just Lipstick on a Pig... EA has destroyed the Hockey franchise they havent made a good game since 07
Well I some what agree with your point. lets keep it realistic. Its hockey and there is onlly so much you can do to tweak the game or add more features. The same as with Madden and FIFA. I bought madden12 this year becasue I have not owned one since 08, so I can see the difference. I had NHL11 but I ended up tradeing it in as it was similar to NHL10. So Im sure there wont be too much of a difference between 11-12 but....I would like to own it for the Jets factor lol.

Old
09-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Played the NHL 12 demo that was available on PS3 and was underwhelmed to say the least; don't understand the effusive praise here at all. To each their own.

Saving my coin instead for BF3 & COD MW3.
Hell Ya!! BF3 and MW3 are on my list as well. Now if they will come out with a new red dead redemption I would be awestruck!! Madden and NHL are just filling the void in the release dates. My girlfriend hates this time of the year lol.

Old
09-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
From a simulation standpoint, the NHL series was absolute garbage prior to 07. 2K was the only game in town if you wanted even semi-realistic hockey, and I've never liked the feel of their games. The NHL games on the consoles, with the exception of 2004, were just arcade crap. Fun to play with some buddies and drinks, yes, but closer to NHL Hitz than real hockey in terms of gameplay.

07 for X360 was a good first step for the series, but it wasn't until 08 that the series really turned the corner. 08 was probably the most fun I've ever had with a sports game, played that game to death. I'll agree the improvements from year to year have been marginal, but try playing a few games of 12, and then pop in 08. It's almost unplayable.

I could see your point if you're more into casual sports gaming, for sure. But in terms of taking the series in a realistic direction, I have no idea how you could say 07 was the pinnacle. But again, I'm a sim gaming nerd.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:02 AM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
I agree, NHL 12 is an excellent upgrade, not sure what game you were playing Jet.
I agree as well. My review says it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
From a simulation standpoint, the NHL series was absolute garbage prior to 07. 2K was the only game in town if you wanted even semi-realistic hockey, and I've never liked the feel of their games. The NHL games on the consoles, with the exception of 2004, were just arcade crap. Fun to play with some buddies and drinks, yes, but closer to NHL Hitz than real hockey in terms of gameplay.

07 for X360 was a good first step for the series, but it wasn't until 08 that the series really turned the corner. 08 was probably the most fun I've ever had with a sports game, played that game to death. I'll agree the improvements from year to year have been marginal, but try playing a few games of 12, and then pop in 08. It's almost unplayable.

I could see your point if you're more into casual sports gaming, for sure. But in terms of taking the series in a realistic direction, I have no idea how you could say 07 was the pinnacle. But again, I'm a sim gaming nerd.
two things:
1. The guy who was the producer of most of the PS1/PS2 era games was either let go or left after NHL 2005, thats when Dean Richards and David Littman became the main guys behind the NHL series. With NHL 07 it was their first real shot to redo the direction of the game and go for authenticity. (A sidenote: Richards is a producer on Fight Night now, and hes shared resources with the NHL team to help them with the physics stuff in the last few years)

2. In recent years I've thought that EA needs to put in a slider which goes something like this:
Gameplay Style:
[Super Arcadey/NHL 94]------[Realistic Stats for 5 mins/Arcade]------[Realistic Stats for 10 mins/Pseudo-realistic]------[Realistic Stats for 20 mins/Realistic]

Theres no way to make a game thats both realistic gameplay and realistic stats with only 5 minute periods so they need a way to adjust it to people's tastes.

Last edited by bcrt2000: 09-16-2011 at 10:10 AM.
bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

I'm excited to try it out, as I am every year. You know what? I don't think i'm even going to bother sleeping this weekend. Who needs sleep? Wonder what my fiancee would think if she went to bed, woke up in the morning and I was still playing...

Old
09-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Question, likely already answered somewhere in this thread, but do they give the option to wear older Jets jerseys in NHL12? Or is it strictly the generic NHL jerseys for the time being?

Old
09-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Question, likely already answered somewhere in this thread, but do they give the option to wear older Jets jerseys in NHL12? Or is it strictly the generic NHL jerseys for the time being?
You can wear the 80s Jets jerseys or the generic NHL ones right now.

Jet Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 12:51 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
As it stands right now, you get the generic NHL (black and white) plus one version of the old jerseys (blue and white). A good placeholder approach I think.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Ok, cool. Thanks for answering my question guys.