HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whale sign C Jonathan Audy-Marchessault

Old
06-27-2011, 02:34 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Is Jam considered our prospect? Or are people on Whale contracts excluded?
He's a Whale prospect. Wouldn't qualify for our prospect rankings or anything.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 02:39 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Didn't the Rangers also RELEASE him from his obligation so that he could go sign an NHL contract?
I think so. But Jordan Owens and Blake Parlett signed with the Rangers after playing on AHL deals. Having him in our system, playing in CT, is definitely to our advantage if he proves himself this year. He's taking part in development camp. He may also go to Traverse City.

It's possible that if he does really well, other teams will come calling, but I doubt he'll make that big of a splash as a rookie. If he does, then hopefully he will sign with the team that gave him the opportunity to showcase his abilities.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:34 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

I'm really happy that he has made it to the Rangers main camp! I'll follow this camp very closely and any info about how he's doing will be much appreciated!

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:48 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Definitely one of the top 2-3 forwards during the TC tournament. Could be a very nice addition for Hartford. They need a quality playmaker.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:02 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

What position did he play in TC? Because he can play both RW and C. He played C for his first 3 seasons in the Q but last season he played RW.

Old
09-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Vitto79

good for him. Played well enough to earn a gig

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Pizza

Good luck to JAM.

I just wish we could sign some genuine, diamond in the rough talent with size. Nothing against the smaller players, we're just overstocked.

Still, talent is talent and should be taken where and when it is found.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

he played great at Traverse

Swept In Seven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 01:42 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
What position did he play in TC? Because he can play both RW and C. He played C for his first 3 seasons in the Q but last season he played RW.
He played C, and he did a great job. Won a ton of faceoffs.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:04 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Jesus friggin Christ...these guys need to pick one friggin last name. The announcers already do it for them, so the transition should be seamless.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:12 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Is this the guy who signed a 1 year deal with The Whale so he could prove he deserves an NHL deal after this season? if so, so far it looks like he meant it.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
Is this the guy who signed a 1 year deal with The Whale so he could prove he deserves an NHL deal after this season? if so, so far it looks like he meant it.
Yea that's him. So I'm wondering if we can call him up even though he's on an AHL deal.

09-16-2011, 04:24 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Amonte helped bring Larmer to the Rangers. No Larmer--probably no cup.
The deal for Larmer was actually a 3 way deal with the Whalers. Turcotte and Patrick were the players that the Rangers sent for Larmer.

Amonte was traded for Matteau and Hudson (?). I know it was for Matteau, cannot clearly remember the other player.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:30 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
The deal for Larmer was actually a 3 way deal with the Whalers. Turcotte and Patrick were the players that the Rangers sent for Larmer.

Amonte was traded for Matteau and Hudson (?). I know it was for Matteau, cannot clearly remember the other player.
You're right on the Larmer trade. And since you corrected me I'll correct you--Matteau came to the Rangers with Brian Noonan who was pretty much on a level with Matteau. A good player. A lot of people (including myself) think that the '94 Stanley Cup winning goal should have been credited to Noonan rather than Messier. I really don't think Mark touched it.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:34 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Yep, that was it. There were a ton of Blackhawk players on that Ranger championship squad, mainly due to Keenan's adoration of the team. Matteau, Gilbert, Olcyzk, Noonan, Larmer, and Hudson. People always like to mention all the Oiler players due to the fact that they were "bigger" names, obviously, but that team was stacked with Blackhawk players.

I would agree with you on the SCWG being Noonan's, too. Never saw Messier touch the puck.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Yea that's him. So I'm wondering if we can call him up even though he's on an AHL deal.
Nope, he can't play for the Rangers until the team signs him to a deal. Right now, his NHL rights are free and any team can sign him.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:47 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Yep, that was it. There were a ton of Blackhawk players on that Ranger championship squad, mainly due to Keenan's adoration of the team. Matteau, Gilbert, Olcyzk, Noonan, Larmer, and Hudson. People always like to mention all the Oiler players due to the fact that they were "bigger" names, obviously, but that team was stacked with Blackhawk players.

I would agree with you on the SCWG being Noonan's, too. Never saw Messier touch the puck.
Never thought of it like that. Interesting.

Hudson was both an ex Oiler and an ex Hawk before coming to the Rangers.

Drafted by Rangers: Richter, Leetch, Kovalev, Nemchinov, Zubov (5)
Drafted by another NHL team but first played for the Rangers in NHL: Karpovtsev (1)

Ex Oilers: Lowe, Beukeboom, Graves, Tikkanen, Messier, MacTavish, Anderson, Hudson (8)

Ex Hawks: Matteau, Larmer, Gilbert, Noonan, Olczyk, Hudson (6)

Ex Canuck: Lidster
Ex Wing: Kocur

Wells & Hartman both played for the Sabres at one point before 94'
Kypreos was a Whaler before 94'
Healy was an ex Islander/King before 94'

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:

I always thought the goal was Graves. I know for fact Messier did not score it. I watched it a hundred times.

Anyway, not that it matters, it won the cup it doesn't matter who scored.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:

It should be Nooan's goal because Messier never touched the puck.

It looks like he does and since the NHL has instant replay they should change it to Noonan's.

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Noonan

Quote:
Noonan would play for Keenan again when he was traded to the New York Rangers at the trading deadline during the 1993–94 NHL season, and his play contributed to the Rangers reaching their first Stanley Cup in 54 years. Despite being credited to Mark Messier, the game winning goal of game 7 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals was later shown to be scored by Noonan.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 03:48 AM
richardsequalscup*

Good addition to the Pack who are usually offensively challenged.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:31 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Jesus friggin Christ...these guys need to pick one friggin last name. The announcers already do it for them, so the transition should be seamless.
In Quebec he had only Marchessault on his jersey. Rangers probably didn't ask him.

Old
09-17-2011, 12:33 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Nope, he can't play for the Rangers until the team signs him to a deal. Right now, his NHL rights are free and any team can sign him.
That's right. Habs did the same thing with Desharnais. He was signed to an AHL contract before the camp but they signed him to a NHL contract after the camp.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:

As do I

Noonansgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I just wish we could sign some genuine, diamond in the rough talent with size. Nothing against the smaller players, we're just overstocked.

A guy like Stamkos is not going to be available as an undrafted free agent.

There's a reason someone goes undrafted. That reason is almost usually 1) lack of talent or 2) size.

On occasion, you might stumble upon someone who suddenly grew 4 extra inches at the age of 19 after being short all his life or someone who came out of nowhere like Girardi. But that is very rare.

Generally speaking, you have a choice between taking a talented small guy or a big guy whose max potential will be to come the next Ryan Hollweg.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Never thought of it like that. Interesting.

Hudson was both an ex Oiler and an ex Hawk before coming to the Rangers.

Drafted by Rangers: Richter, Leetch, Kovalev, Nemchinov, Zubov (5)
Drafted by another NHL team but first played for the Rangers in NHL: Karpovtsev (1)

Ex Oilers: Lowe, Beukeboom, Graves, Tikkanen, Messier, MacTavish, Anderson, Hudson (8)

Ex Hawks: Matteau, Larmer, Gilbert, Noonan, Olczyk, Hudson (6)

Ex Canuck: Lidster
Ex Wing: Kocur

Wells & Hartman both played for the Sabres at one point before 94'
Kypreos was a Whaler before 94'
Healy was an ex Islander/King before 94'

The Oilers were key ot the team. We are talking about 2/3 of the first line (and at times the whole first line when it was Graves-Messier-Anderson), half of the top-4 defensemen, Tikkanen was a key player on either the second line (as a center) or the third line (as a LW), and MacTavish was key on the third line.

Meanwhile, the Hawks were Hudson, who never played after MacTavish was acquired (got injured a while before that); Olczyk, who should have been required to buy tickets to the playoffs since all he did was watch; Gilbert, who was a fourth liner. Only Larmer, Noonan and Matteau were useful players.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote