Notices

Update: Single game tix - details to be announced Fri 2pm

Old
09-16-2011, 03:11 PM
cheswick

vCash: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan79 View Post
I just noticed you can be in ANY part of Canada and even the world to enter this draw. I don't agee with this at all. This invites scalping. The form should be limited to people only living in Winnipeg or perhaps the jets regional territory to ensure the highest probable chance of real fans getting the tickets.
Probably have to pick up the tickets in person at the box office.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Probably have to pick up the tickets in person at the box office.
Yeah, I'm hoping they set it up where they won't release the physical tickets or printouts until maybe an hour before puck drop. That would basically destroy any chances of them hitting the resale market.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:21 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in the Bigs View Post
I assume you mean next year unless you mean we might meet them in the finals
Next year. Then I'd have to cheer for the Canucks. Although that wouldn't end like this past stanley cup. In heartbreak

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Jetsfan79

vCash: 500
So if understand this correctly. If were to win the draw on Sept 24, I would get the option of getting 2 tickets to one of the following games.

"A" GAMES

Oct 9 v.s MTL
Oct 17 v.s PIT

"B" games

Oct 22 v.s CAR
Oct 24 v.s NYR

"C" games

None

Or I can go to 2 seperate games (1 ticket each). With no "c" games in OCT, I assume you will be forced to choose from "a" or "b" if you among the winners of the first draw.

Last edited by Jetsfan79: 09-16-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Jetsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Scoreburn

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Ticketmaster starts on Monday. I find it interesting that FLA has one game in the B category and one in the C. My guess is the B FLA game is because its a weekend game and perhaps a HNIC game?
Carolina has two B games and one C game. One of the B games is on Satuday but the other is on a Thursday and isn't on a national broadcast so not sure why that game is a B game. Surprised that the phoenix game isnt an A game.

Scoreburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:36 PM
cheswick

Quote:
So if understand this correctly. If were to win the draw on Sept 24, I would get the option of getting 2 tickets to one of the following games.

"A" GAMES

Oct 9 v.s MTL
Oct 17 v.s PIT

"B" games

Oct 22 v.s CAR
Oct 24 v.s NYR

"C" games

None

Or I can go to 2 seperate games (1 ticket each). With no "c" games in OCT, I assume you will be forced to choose from "a" or "b".
Someone posted that Ludlow said you can choose two single tickets to different games

Old
09-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Jetsfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Someone posted that Ludlow said you can choose two single tickets to different games
Yes but from what I gathered it would be 2 games within the same month. So you would have the 4 OCT games to choose from if you win the 1st draw, the 5 NOV games for the 2nd draw etc...

Someone correct If I'm wrong but I think thats how it will work.

Old
09-16-2011, 03:41 PM
cheswick

Quote:
Yes but from what I gathered it would be 2 games within the same month. So you would have the 4 OCT games to choose from if you win the 1st draw, the 5 NOV games for the 2nd draw etc..
Yeah, that's my understanding as well

Old
09-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Jetsfan79

I think this a good system to supplement with ticket exchange.

As long as you don't buy all the jets home games on NHL Exchange in any given month (may be too pricey and hard find anyways), you can always leave at least one game open to a potential lottery game. This will eliminate the possibility of duplicating purchases for the same game.

Whereas if TNSE just assigned you to a specific game take it or leave it, it would suck if you had already purchased it through other means like ticket exchange.

Last edited by Jetsfan79: 09-16-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old
09-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

So in other words... Octobers Jets tickets go on sale tomorrow for those who have entered into the draw? Since tomorrow is the 3rd saturday of September.....
Nice notice jets....

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:12 PM
razorsedge

Quote:
I just noticed you can be in ANY part of Canada and even the world to enter this draw. I don't agee with this at all. This invites scalping. The form should be limited to people only living in Winnipeg or perhaps the jets regional territory to ensure the highest probable chance of real fans getting the tickets.
So your saying I shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets to a Jets game for my wife and I when we plan to visit Winnipeg (the city I was born and raised in) in December?

Maybe opening up tickets to anybody regardless of where they live in the world, would invite fans (tourists) of other teams to visit Winnipeg (and spend money in Winnipeg).

Sorry, if that comes across rude, but I'm really ticked off right now, because the March 9th game (Jets vs. Flames in Calgary) is already sold out. So I can't go to Calgary to see the Jets, and aparently I shouldn't be allowed to see a Jets game in Winnipeg because I don't have a Winnipeg postal code. And the Jets don't play in Edmonton this year.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:29 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiper the Fox View Post
address is necessary in the form
after they get all the entries, i'm sure it would take next to nothing to run a query
only allowing R beginning postal codes
Not only that but I suspect you need to show up in person to pick them up - and will have to show ID when you do it.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Jetsfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
So your saying I shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets to a Jets game for my wife and I when we plan to visit Winnipeg (the city I was born and raised in) in December?

Maybe opening up tickets to anybody regardless of where they live in the world, would invite fans (tourists) of other teams to visit Winnipeg (and spend money in Winnipeg).

Sorry, if that comes across rude, but I'm really ticked off right now, because the March 9th game (Jets vs. Flames in Calgary) is already sold out. So I can't go to Calgary to see the Jets, and aparently I shouldn't be allowed to see a Jets game in Winnipeg because I don't have a Winnipeg postal code. And the Jets don't play in Edmonton this year.
razorsedge I meant no malice with my statement about who should get the tickets. Under normal circumstances I would agree to have the tickets open to everyone. But the circumstances are not normal. Thousands of winnipegers (myslef included) were turned away in getting season tickets. And the team is based in Winnipeg. I'm sure you are deserving in getting tickets as you are you are true fan. And thats what I really meant to convey. I want true fans to go to these games. My fear is that causal/upperclass fans living in larger regions, (toronto, montreal, vancouver) will dominate/skew the amount of people who signed the form, reducing the odds of real fans getting the tickets.

Last edited by Jetsfan79: 09-16-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old
09-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Global news just said the first draw is next saturday

Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Tarks
True North

vCash: 60
I'm trying to wrap my head around this lottery system. I like the idea but not sure if I understand this correctly.

If I was lucky enough to be drawn for the Oct games does this mean I am guaranteed 2 tickets to the home games in the month of Oct? I understand that they can't guarantee 2 seats together. Are they only going to draw the exact number of seats that are available in the next months games? Or, are they going to draw more and then have a first come, first serve basis?

Also, I love the idea of the purchaser having to pick up the tickets on game day. This is a great idea and illuminates scalpers from other cities being able to get their hands on tickets.

Tarks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Jetsfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarks View Post
I understand that they can't guarantee 2 seats together.
My understanding is that the 2 tickets WOULD be together. If not I it would really suck for me. Because not only would I have to drag my g.f to the game (not a hockey fan but I love her) but I would have to ask her to sit apart from me?

Old
09-16-2011, 06:33 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarks View Post
I'm trying to wrap my head around this lottery system. I like the idea but not sure if I understand this correctly.

If I was lucky enough to be drawn for the Oct games does this mean I am guaranteed 2 tickets to the home games in the month of Oct? I understand that they can't guarantee 2 seats together. Are they only going to draw the exact number of seats that are available in the next months games? Or, are they going to draw more and then have a first come, first serve basis?

Also, I love the idea of the purchaser having to pick up the tickets on game day. This is a great idea and illuminates scalpers from other cities being able to get their hands on tickets.
I think you're guaranteed two tickets for the month but not a game. If you get October and the opener is sold out, then you have to choose from the other games.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:18 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
I think you're guaranteed two tickets for the month but not a game. If you get October and the opener is sold out, then you have to choose from the other games.
This sounds right to me...you would get tickets but the games would be first come first server...I doubt the home opener will have any walk up for sale TBH

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:26 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Agreed, i am looking forward to the Phoenix game just slightly less than the opener and the Ducks game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurryOfStyx View Post
Carolina has two B games and one C game. One of the B games is on Satuday but the other is on a Thursday and isn't on a national broadcast so not sure why that game is a B game. Surprised that the phoenix game isnt an A game.

mzappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Tarks
True North

vCash: 60
Quote:
My understanding is that the 2 tickets WOULD be together. If not I it would really suck for me. Because not only would I have to drag my g.f to the game (not a hockey fan but I love her) but I would have to ask her to sit apart from me?
They couldn't guarantee 2 seats together for the pre season games so why would the regular season games be any different? Just curious. I think it is impossible for them to guarantee 2 seats together considering they are allowing you to take single seats at 2 different games.

Last edited by Tarks: 09-16-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Tarks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:38 PM
razorsedge

Quote:
razorsedge I meant no malice with my statement about who should get the tickets. Under normal circumstances I would agree to have the tickets open to everyone. But the circumstances are not normal. Thousands of winnipegers (myslef included) were turned away in getting season tickets. And the team is based in Winnipeg. I'm sure you are deserving in getting tickets as you are you are true fan. And thats what I really meant to convey. I want true fans to go to these games. My fear is that causal/upperclass fans living in larger regions, (toronto, montreal, vancouver) will dominate/skew the amount of people who signed the form, reducing the odds of real fans getting the tickets.
Fair enough. Like I said I was having a moment because it was looking like I wouldn't get to see the jets live this season.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:14 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 100
I like the system. Seems like the fairest way of doing it. Rather than have tens of thousands of people trying to do it online at noon once a month.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:24 PM
BrianL*

So, here's a thorny question...

What happens if someone who requires wheelchair accessible seating wins the ticket lottery, and none are available? Can you say, bad publicity? I knew ya could.

BrianL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:36 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post

What happens if someone who requires wheelchair accessible seating wins the ticket lottery, and none are available? Can you say, bad publicity? I knew ya could.
If that were to arise I think TNSE would probably finding somewhere from them to watch in comfort.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post

Yes, at some point this will happen, and yes some news organization will tut tut it. What can you do though, there comes a point where you can't politically correct up a situation without putting EVERYONE out.

As an example I worked at a company where we produced engineering drawings for the installation of building products and we were switching from black and white drawings to coloured. Someone thought it was a terrible idea as we might offend anyone who is colourblind. I know a couple of people who are colourblind and they 1) aren't generally offended bu colours, and 2) couldn't imagine putting out the rest of the population who can see colours for some politically correct "don't offend anyone" reason.

Wonko the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote