Notices

Nathan Horton takes the ice

Old
09-11-2011, 05:50 AM
JOKER 192

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Pouilot June 30th. Guy is a bum...lazy ass...spot picking dirt bag who is a bust and useless healthy scratch in the playoffs...Had one good three weeks in his hockey life.

Pouliot July 1st after Chia signs him. Oozes potential, big, rugged winger..see him fitting in as a 3rd liner, with ceiling of line 2..

Throw a Bruins sweater on a piece of dog **** and people here would swear up and down you have a diamond there...you know, because they are a Bruin now.
I actually wanted to suggest we sign him,the reason I didn't was because I knew what reaction I would get.I'm totally for this pick-up.I was always afraid ,as a Habs hater ,of the potential of this player.Now that he's on the Bruins, I can sleep at night.That was my opinion before we picked him up,when I saw we only shelled out
1M,I was delighted.It is very hard for me to see potential or talent in any player wearing the Habs uniform but he was one.

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 06:27 PM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

I wrote this on April 25th

That's the thing, history is every minute of every day. There is no difference between the 1950's Boston Bruins and the 2011 Boston Bruins. They are simply the Boston Bruins, one of the most storied sports franchises in the history of sport.

I just wish that Tomas Kaberle or David Krejci and others looked down at the spoked B every once and a while and realized how significant it really is. Sure you want to win it for yourself, but there is more to it when you take into account loyal fans and the tradition of the team.

If the Bruins were ever to complete the miraculous and win the Cup, I can just see it..."Let me tell you about this player named Nathan Horton...when all looked bleak, he became the Bruins knight in shining armour."

This team, the 2011 team, could become very well become legendary. Then dozens of these History Will be made videos could be made, I like that they are already starting to make them.

Horton played such a massive role in the Playoffs, even after he was injured. I guess this was my Nostradamus-like moment here for me.

Also glad that Krejci made me eat my words.

774EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Paddington

vCash: 50
Since, this thread has a bunch of Puliot posts, I'll add my thoughts here. The realist in me doesn't expect much out of him that we haven't seen already, which could result in him being the extra forward (depending on how some of the rooks look in camp). The optimist in me hopes the winning atmosphere, the team first mentality, the heart & determination this team shows, and the leadership will rub off on him and force him to elevate his game. He has size and he's fairly talented. Hopefully he can learn a thing or two in a positive, team-first environment that will allow him to become a productive member of the team.

Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 01:14 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
See this is the total crock of **** I was talking about, because the day before he signed you would have found less than 5 people if you are lucky .... Now like you said the majority think he's worth a shot...and no way that was the case 24 hrs before his signing.

June 30th you wouldn't have had 5 people who thought he was even worth a camp invite.
I can only speak for myself: If you'd said to me that the team could sign a 24 year old former lottery pick - that had been underwhelming and a borderline bust - for a one-year, non-guaranteed contract worth only $1.1m, I'd have been happy as hell with it.

And I think the people that would have said that they'd have been against a camp invite would be those that are blinded by "poutine stains" or other nonsense. Anyone that said that someone as young as Pouliot wouldn't be worth even an invite is looking at the guy through black & gold glasses.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 01:53 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
See this is the total crock of **** I was talking about, because the day before he signed you would have found less than 5 people if you are lucky .... Now like you said the majority think he's worth a shot...and no way that was the case 24 hrs before his signing.

June 30th you wouldn't have had 5 people who thought he was even worth a camp invite.
I think you're lumping opinions together. Are the same people who publicly called BP crap flipping opinions, or are they new people that didn't have an opinion before stating them now?

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:06 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
I can only speak for myself: If you'd said to me that the team could sign a 24 year old former lottery pick - that had been underwhelming and a borderline bust - for a one-year, non-guaranteed contract worth only $1.1m, I'd have been happy as hell with it.

And I think the people that would have said that they'd have been against a camp invite would be those that are blinded by "poutine stains" or other nonsense. Anyone that said that someone as young as Pouliot wouldn't be worth even an invite is looking at the guy through black & gold glasses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I think you're lumping opinions together. Are the same people who publicly called BP crap flipping opinions, or are they new people that didn't have an opinion before stating them now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
I actually wanted to suggest we sign him,the reason I didn't was because I knew what reaction I would get.I'm totally for this pick-up.I was always afraid ,as a Habs hater ,of the potential of this player.Now that he's on the Bruins, I can sleep at night.That was my opinion before we picked him up,when I saw we only shelled out
1M,I was delighted.It is very hard for me to see potential or talent in any player wearing the Habs uniform but he was one.

Seriously guys? I really doubt anyone wanted him near Boston , especially after this display. Your memories can't be that short... And it has nothing to do with the sweater he had on..Guy was gutless and heartless.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:

Seriously guys? I really doubt anyone wanted him near Boston , especially after this display. Your memories can't be that short... And it has nothing to do with the sweater he had on..Guy was gutless and heartless.
This incident was exactly why I had knee-jerk negative reaction to the signing. I'm over it and willing to give the guy a chance. He's in black and gold now.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:21 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
This incident was exactly why I had knee-jerk negative reaction to the signing. I'm over it and willing to give the guy a chance. He's in black and gold now.
Absolutely.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:

Meh, could probably have an example like that for every Bruin.

We both like fights. Benoit has been in two of the most passive systems in the NHL. I will save my judgement to see what he does in an org that embraces physical play.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:55 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:

I think it has everything to do with the sweater he has on - I think there'd be less disgust if a guy in a B's uniform threw that hit & fought that fight.

Pouliot's a 3rd liner that should score ~15 goals or so for not much money and only a one year deal - that's why I'm Ok with it.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:18 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:

heartless and gutless? Meh, thought it was stupid then if anything, think it's stupid now. It's exactly the type of play that got his ass benched, so my hope is that Claude can right the ship. If he can Pouliot will be a hell of a deal at 1.1 mil

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 04:35 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Meh, could probably have an example like that for every Bruin.

We both like fights. Benoit has been in two of the most passive systems in the NHL. I will save my judgement to see what he does in an org that embraces physical play.
Mr Horton played with a snarl after some time getting used to life in the spoked B

Not in any way suggesting that BP will see the results Horton had just sayin..

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 04:38 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
heartless and gutless? Meh, thought it was stupid then if anything, think it's stupid now. It's exactly the type of play that got his ass benched, so my hope is that Claude can right the ship. If he can Pouliot will be a hell of a deal at 1.1 mil
Stupid for sure but he was being benched/scratched and sat before this one Knight, and it isn`t just a coincidence that a player, any player, does things when they are struggling that make fans scratch their heads.

Not making excuses for him, BP still isn`t on my personal radar of importance, he needs to first earn a spot, then try to win his teammates/coaches over, if he does that, the fans will potentially follow suit.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote