HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 12....Flyers

Old
09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Jaydepps

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Yep and why does every idiot in a drop-in game always call for the puck every single time? Is a faceoff the end of the world?

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Baddogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
Yep and why does every idiot in a drop-in game always call for the puck every single time? Is a faceoff the end of the world?
Oh yeah, that too! What is wrong with people?

I just wish I could find a league/team to play on so I didn't have to deal with the idiots in drop-in games!

Baddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 12:56 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddogg View Post
Oh yeah, that too! What is wrong with people?

I just wish I could find a league/team to play on so I didn't have to deal with the idiots in drop-in games!
What position do you play?

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 01:23 PM
cheesesteak

Yea there's a lot of idiots in OTP. I need a club too. I play every position except center.

Goalie seems a lot better this year I've played three games OTP as goalie, and I have two shutouts. The third game I gave up one goal, but it was still in my glove it just crossed the line.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Baddogg

I really only like to play center because I like the defensive responsibilities and as I said in my earlier post, someone has to play defense since most of the d men play forward. Plus I'm usually not too bad at faceoffs.

If anyone needs power forward centerman please let me know. I'm usually on in the evenings and my PSN name is Baddogj.

OR maybe a few of us could start a team?

Baddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Snipsnap12

Got a little frusterated today, the play seemed groggy, and could not get the puck back until the other player shot or made a bad pass.

The poke/stick check is useless and makes it very difficult to play D without trying to throw a huge hit and risk being caught out of position

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 09:00 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Reason, I was asking was because I have a team on 360. We're 21-1-0. We got beat pretty badly in our one loss, but that was because our AI defense was abysmal. And our center dropped, so we couldn't play our normal 3rd man high style.

We currently have 3 forwards and 1 official dmen. Got two other dmen in the tryout stage.

Old
09-16-2011, 10:08 AM
PuckBoy33

ERA for NHL12?

Some high school girl was on FoxNews this morning. She allegedly wrote a letter to EA sports DEMANDING that her face be included in "pick a player" option because "women are not represented in your game." They acquiesced.

Last time I checked, no women play in the NHL (except for that goalie that played one pre-season game in the 90s if I recall correctly). What's next, a wild-haired Samoan from Tago Tago is going to write a letter demanding inclusion in the player profile option?

PuckBoy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:28 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Some high school girl was on FoxNews this morning. She allegedly wrote a letter to EA sports DEMANDING that her face be included in "pick a player" option because "women are not represented in your game." They acquiesced.

Last time I checked, no women play in the NHL (except for that goalie that played one pre-season game in the 90s if I recall correctly). What's next, a wild-haired Samoan from Tago Tago is going to write a letter demanding inclusion in the player profile option?
they added women instead of fixing freezing issues

it's almost a slap in the face

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:14 AM
97FlyersKing18

I have been experiencing freezing issues as well. For example, the notifications of "Delayed Penalty" and offsides are not coming up until after I either touch the puck or go offsides. Sometimes I play with the sound off (mainly so I don't have to hear the piss poor commentary) but it is pretty difficult when AI gets a penalty and the play suddenly stops.

Also, I have noticed the play in the neutral zone is way smoother than in the offensive and defensive zones, is that part of the freezing issue too?

In BAP, I thought that my pro looked rather feminine, then I realized it was in fact a woman. Then I created a man with tons of facial hair, just to stick it to EA.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:17 AM
sectachrome

Just picked this up last night, and played til 1 AM. I am terrible at it (playing on Pro, I tried Rookie just to see and won 7-1 ). Last NHL game I had was 09, and this feels very different. I agree with others that said the poke check is useless, very frustrating. This is a great way to get used to the new team though.

Do any of you guys who are actually good at this have any general tips for not sucking?

sectachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Jack de la Hoya

For anyone curious, Bob + two 2nds gets you Oliver Ekman-Larsson. Since it is the Flyers, it seems only fair to systematically trade every second rounder anyway.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:42 AM
DjsIzzy

Send a message via AIM to DjsIzzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectachrome View Post
Just picked this up last night, and played til 1 AM. I am terrible at it (playing on Pro, I tried Rookie just to see and won 7-1 ). Last NHL game I had was 09, and this feels very different. I agree with others that said the poke check is useless, very frustrating. This is a great way to get used to the new team though.

Do any of you guys who are actually good at this have any general tips for not sucking?
On offense - one timers from below the goal line to the mid-high slot work pretty well, as long as the guy is open of course. Point shots seem to work a lot better this year as well, with rebounds and minor deflections here and there. I think this is part of the puck being less "magnetic" this year, so more weird bounces happen.

On D - no idea. If I lose the puck it takes forever to get it back. As you said, the poke check is useless.

DjsIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:58 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Best advice on D I can give you for now is to continue to use the LB ot L1 for PS3 sliding laterally to try to take the puck away. Most often if you do hit it the player continues to skate and the puck stays right with you. if a player is weaving back and forth in teh offensive zone which is probably one of the most effective things to do try to line up a hit head on best you can, poke check and stick lift are broken. Hip checks are OP you dont have to catch anyone clean with one get near enough to them that it looks like they may touch you even the slightest bit and they'll fall no matter what.

On offense if it appears you are going to be hit use the power move, A or X if you are on PS3. Regardless of your position that move automatically makes your guy stronger on the puck by a ton. skate back and forth left to right right to left avoiding players while you have the puck if you can drive the middle do it if the outside is open instead go there and look for a pass in the slot or back up the boards to the D for a one timer.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 01:21 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

When playing D, I tend to not go for the hit. Unless we're up a ton, and I want to lay the guy out. Like I said, when playing club with 2 AI dmen, me or one of the other forwards play a high / hang back a bit. We tend to ignore AI dmen, because they are pretty useless in the offensive zone.

Personally, when I'm playing defense, I poke check[which works amazingly for me] or I just keep my body in front of the player trying to begin the rush. It works well as well.

On offense in 1v1's personally, I do the 1 timers. Clappers from the point as well, point shots work really well if you have a big bodied forward in front such as Ryan Clowe.

Old
09-16-2011, 07:45 PM

Has anyone noticed that the Toronto forwards are rated in the 90s?????

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 08:33 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Just created a team on PS3 in EASHL. The Yuengling Loggers. If anyone wants to join be my guest. I play any position but goalie but prefer Center or Defense.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 08:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Anyone notice MAF is highest rated goalie in the game (tied with Miller)? That is the most ridiculous stat of the game. No way MAF is even better than Rinne or Ward, but he is certainly not better Luongo and Lundqvist. Come on, EA.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Flyerfan808

I am obligated to my previous team:

Sex Panther

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
I play for my previous team as well. The Darkwing Ducks.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:23 AM
redfield85

Send a message via AIM to redfield85
I am completely addicted to Hockey Ultimate Team. Auction some guys, play some tourney games to get pucks, check the auction, etc etc.

I had OKT as my second pair dman. I just replaced him a bit ago. It was a rough start for me. Haha.

redfield85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:54 AM
DirkStarlight

Sweet just got this game. My first online versus game, Betts gets hammered against the wall, and guess what happens? He injures his shoulder. I get Shelly to go after the guy, but he doesn't fight. That needs to be changed int he series me thinks.

Then. in my Be a GM, first preseason game against New York. Couterier flying up the ice, gets DRILLED by Staal. It was painful to watch. He now has post concussion syndrome for the next 5 weeks. Luckily, he's stronger than Crosby, so Couterier will be able to come back much faster than him

Also, if any EASHL teams are looking for any players, I can play any position but Goalie (Still have trouble with it). I feel like I'm really missing the boat with it, but now I got a headset and can talk to people now =D

DirkStarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 03:28 AM
PALE PWNR

Does anyone play specifically EASHL or have interest in playing EASHL during late nights? Like 1AM - 5AM ish EST. Im pretty decent have played for a couple good clubs mostly finish in the top 10-20 Overall, my problem is Im on real late and it sucks not having people to play with that I typically play with on late at night. If anyones typically on around these times and you play legit hockey let me know. I dont really care about my overall rank I just want to play with a consistent team.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Kadri isn't a 100???????

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Does anyone play specifically EASHL or have interest in playing EASHL during late nights? Like 1AM - 5AM ish EST. Im pretty decent have played for a couple good clubs mostly finish in the top 10-20 Overall, my problem is Im on real late and it sucks not having people to play with that I typically play with on late at night. If anyones typically on around these times and you play legit hockey let me know. I dont really care about my overall rank I just want to play with a consistent team.
I'm usually around at those times since Hawaii is 6 hours behind. Like I said I have a club already. If you're down for OTP instead?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote