Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TV schedule - Updated; TSN To Get Broadcast Rights

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Jetsfan79

vCash: 500
And dkehler this is my advice to you. You know how sometimes in life you have to "swallow your pride" to get out of sticky situation? Quite often it's needed because being defaint is not worth it in the long run and causes more trouble than its worth. I think this one of those times where you should swallow one of your principles because in the long run the extra $10.00 a month is not a big thing.

You can find other ways to save to offset paying for the channel and you can just "pretend" your not paying for it. There are far more serious principles in life that are more worthy in having a hard stance on than this. Ofcoruse this just my view on it.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Yaeyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Didn't see the post, glad to learn MTS TV will indeed have TSN Jets, the coup for MTS will be to announce that it is part of the basic MTS TV package!
No problem and one can certainly hope! It would certainly make my job easier haha but I am certainly glad that we are getting it regardless. Can't wait to get the season started already!

Edit: Apparently I like to use the word "certainly"... A good sign for sleep.

Last edited by Yaeyah: 09-17-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old
09-17-2011, 01:45 AM
KingSalamon

Sometimes life isn't fair.... sometimes we have to pay for a service we want.

I know I wouldn't want to pay for the Winnipeg Ballet TV channel... just sayin'.

Old
09-17-2011, 06:36 AM
objectiveposter

is this new jets shaw channel only for Manitoba? i live in BC and have shaw....could i order the jets channel? or do i have to buy center ice? i only plan on watching jets games and 10$ / month is a lot cheaper than 210 for center ice

Old
09-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Wippersnapper

It is for all of the broadcast region (so yes, Brandon as well).

Old
09-17-2011, 08:31 AM
YWG

If you live outside of the viewing area (Sask, Man, NW ONT, NWT), you will need to buy Center Ice to watch the Jets games. They will be blacked out on the Jets TSN channel if you live outside of the viewing area including BC.

Old
09-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Hammer Slammer
Adam Lowry fan club

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaeyah View Post
No problem and one can certainly hope! It would certainly make my job easier haha but I am certainly glad that we are getting it regardless. Can't wait to get the season started already!

Edit: Apparently I like to use the word "certainly"... A good sign for sleep.
As a former Customer Service/Sales guy, I said certainly a whole lot on the phone. Maybe you're still in CSR mode. Glad to see MTS is actually getting it as well, now everyone can enjoy. And everyone stop ****ing complaining that it's $10 a month, go work at McDonalds for an hour a month to pay for it if it makes you that angry.

Old
09-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Didn't see the post, glad to learn MTS TV will indeed have TSN Jets, the coup for MTS will be to announce that it is part of the basic MTS TV package!
It will be intereting to see what MTS does. Quite often in business, you're at the mercy of your least intelligent competitor. And you have to make decisions you'd rather not make. In this case, Shaw teed off first. So MTS can dish out the channel for free, lose money on that, but probably gain a ton of customers.
Or,maybe they're thinking Shaw's $10 per moth is way too low...what the hell are they doing?? We're gonna lose our shirts if we match, but what choice do we have?

Anyways, the truest business concept of all is "Anything is only worth what somebody will pay for it." Tons of people are very happy to pay Shaw $10 per month (including me, and VERY happily), but if MTS are going to make it $5 per month, or even zero. would I switch... I doubt it. The difference is too negligible for many to even worry about.... and it's a hassle (to me) to make the change YMMV

Old
09-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Hammer Slammer
Adam Lowry fan club

I save $47 a month with Shaw because of some promotion so I won't be switching. I'm going out to get an HD receiver today though, don't wanna be watching this stuff in SD.

Old
09-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I save $47 a month with Shaw because of some promotion so I won't be switching. I'm going out to get an HD receiver today though, don't wanna be watching this stuff in SD.
I've got the HD, can't beat it for sure.
My problem is gonna be trying to actually grab the remote from the wife to watch those games on the big flat screen that the HD is connected to, when she'll be more interested in DWTS or some such drivel

Old
09-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Hammer Slammer
Adam Lowry fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in the Bigs View Post
I've got the HD, can't beat it for sure.
My problem is gonna be trying to actually grab the remote from the wife to watch those games on the big flat svreen that the HD is connected to, when she'll be more interested in DWTS or some such drivel
Oh man, I feel your pain. We just have an SD tv right now and she's ALWAYS watching it. I almost have to push her away when I want to watch CFL. My 2nd monitor has HDMI so I'm just grabbing an HD receiver for that. It's 1080p @ 60hz so it should play it rather well. I just don't want to deal with her complaining every other night that she never gets to watch TV or something. Don't want to interrupt Jersey Shore or Teen Mom.

Old
09-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Lars65

Quote:
As a former Customer Service/Sales guy, I said certainly a whole lot on the phone. Maybe you're still in CSR mode. Glad to see MTS is actually getting it as well, now everyone can enjoy. And everyone stop ****ing complaining that it's $10 a month, go work at McDonalds for an hour a month to pay for it if it makes you that angry.
With all due respect, I fail to see how working at rotten Ron's for an hour is going to make someone happier.

Old
09-17-2011, 10:11 AM
blues10

As I don't always trust what is read in the papers. I was glad to get confirmation from Shaw Direct. It will only cost $40.00 this season.

Quote:
Hello Blues 10,

We will have a free preview for the Winnipeg Jets channel beginning September 20th in the Winnipeg viewing area only, and will be on a free preview until November 30th. After the free preview, it will cost $9.95/month for the remaining four months. These channels will be located on channels 449 Classic / 393 Advanced.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. For future inquiries, please include your full name, phone number and service address so we can locate your account records. Please include any previous correspondence with your replies

Thank you for choosing Shaw Direct,

Old
09-17-2011, 10:23 AM
czechtell

Just seen on Bell it'll be on channel 423 SD and 1423 HD.

Old
09-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

!!!

Old
09-17-2011, 11:07 AM
wpgallday1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan79 View Post
Link to the WFP site confirming the Shaw deal:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...129982938.html
Awesome, just awesome. In a perfect world it would part of my "extra" HD package at no extra cost but $10/mo is not a problem at all.

Old
09-17-2011, 11:17 AM
LadyJet26
Lest We Forget

vCash: 1236
Quote:
Oh man, I feel your pain. We just have an SD tv right now and she's ALWAYS watching it. I almost have to push her away when I want to watch CFL. My 2nd monitor has HDMI so I'm just grabbing an HD receiver for that. It's 1080p @ 60hz so it should play it rather well. I just don't want to deal with her complaining every other night that she never gets to watch TV or something. Don't want to interrupt Jersey Shore or Teen Mom.
You know there is this thing called PVR or you should have just gotten a girlfriend that likes hockey.

My ex didn't like hockey. It didn't work. Don't understand anyone who doesn't like hockey. Especially a man.

Old
09-17-2011, 11:17 AM
moose3322

Quote:
aaaaaarrrrgggguuuuuaahhhhh....but I dont want to have to work at McDonalds for an hour every month!!!! I have my rights-nobody else is being forced to work for A WHOLE EXTRA HOUR!!!! This sucks, I almost wish the Jets didnt come back to Winnipeg, I mean I was glad for some new entertainment, but now I might actually have to PAY for it??? Good riddance, this is causing so many new difficulties in my life, I'm gunna move to Calgary and try and find a place to live for under 2000/month, but at least I can watch hockey without having to come up with those 10 extra dollars amirite? Its just the priciple of it all...

edit- was the sarcasm really not obvious, i mean, really?

Last edited by moose3322: 09-17-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old
09-17-2011, 11:47 AM
KingSalamon

The principle is this...

You are not entitled to anything. You want something, you pay for it. Just because Calgary and other cities can watch the games for free doesn't mean we are entitled to the same thing.

And I truly hope you are joking by the way... I mean free hockey in Calgary is one thing... but I think I will be able to pay for Jets TV for decades and decades when compared to the housing cost differences between the Peg and Calgary. $10 a month is barely considered 'new difficulties' in someone's life.

Old
09-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Yep. Anyone that is upset at the prospect of having to pay $10 per month to watch the channel also has the option to simply not pay it.

From my perspective it will be worth it just for the opportunity to not miss any away games. $10 well spent.

Old
09-17-2011, 11:55 AM
moose3322

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
The principle is this...

You are not entitled to anything. You want something, you pay for it. Just because Calgary and other cities can watch the games for free doesn't mean we are entitled to the same thing.

And I truly hope you are joking by the way... I mean free hockey in Calgary is one thing... but I think I will be able to pay for Jets TV for decades and decades when compared to the housing cost differences between the Peg and Calgary. $10 a month is barely considered 'new difficulties' in someone's life.

I thought it was pretty obvious but alas, this is the internet....

Old
09-17-2011, 12:48 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars65 View Post
With all due respect, I fail to see how working at rotten Ron's for an hour is going to make someone happier.
I don't know. When I was 15 I worked there for about six months. One night there was this "large" guy working the fry vat who always had plumber's crack when he bent over so someone emptied a tube of Bic Mac sauce from the pump and filled the crack.

Almost everyone thought it was pretty funny.

Old
09-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Yaeyah

Quote:
Haha ya, a full week of Monday to Friday will do that to you. Any positive affirmative word is often used, ie definitely, absolutely. At least once the season starts I'll have something to get me through those long call centre winter days!

Old
09-17-2011, 04:14 PM
dkehler

Some of you guys are just ridiculous. It's not about $10. $10 Isn't much these days. However, if Facebook said they were going to charge $10 a month starting tomorrow, how many people do you think would complain and how many people would just not use Facebook? Why? It's still only $10.

In this day and age, regional TV coverage is generally "free" with whatever sports programming package your cable/satellite provider offers. That's the point.

But anyways, I'm certainly not going to miss the games over $10.

Old
09-17-2011, 04:58 PM
CBCnutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWG View Post
If you live outside of the viewing area (Sask, Man, NW ONT, NWT), you will need to buy Center Ice to watch the Jets games. They will be blacked out on the Jets TSN channel if you live outside of the viewing area including BC.
Nunavut is part of the Jets region too, Centre Ice isn't needed there either.

Closed Thread