HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Sharks 13 (PS3): New Game, Old Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-16-2011, 07:07 AM
  #126
SJSharks2010
Registered User
 
SJSharks2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
Got the game last night, can someone send me an invite? (x2good2btrue)

SJSharks2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:56 PM
  #127
Bleeding Teal
Sharks FTW!
 
Bleeding Teal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Just wanted to drop in to the PS3 thread and see how you guys are liking the game so far? I myself am loving it thus far. Of course there are some issues as there always be, but so far I think the details they addressed this year are pretty damn good.

Bleeding Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:03 AM
  #128
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks2010 View Post
Got the game last night, can someone send me an invite? (x2good2btrue)
send in a join request. Invites require the other person to be online at a given time, while a join request can be sent whenever and then a GM can get to it whenever.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:35 AM
  #129
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,403
vCash: 500
*sigh* grinding for boosts is so lame. I get why you have to unlock them in BAP, but putting in all these ridiculous hoops to jump through for online is just dumb. Even if they want to keep the cards/exp system, why not just give everyone full unlocked boosts online to at least somewhat level the playing field.

EA will say this encourages people to play other game modes or give them more money. I say I'm not being "encouraged" when I hate every minute of BAP on easy settings just to get boosts.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:02 AM
  #130
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
EA will say this encourages people to play other game modes or give them more money. I say I'm not being "encouraged" when I hate every minute of BAP on easy settings just to get boosts.
Apparently you can't do easy settings, custom line-changes, or anything different. Skittlez and Chubbs tried. You have to hit Triangle to restore settings to default and play like that.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:34 AM
  #131
LionSpeak
threadkiller
 
LionSpeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 842
vCash: 500
sandsofkillers is my username.

LionSpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:41 AM
  #132
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Apparently you can't do easy settings, custom line-changes, or anything different. Skittlez and Chubbs tried. You have to hit Triangle to restore settings to default and play like that.
I got some of the stuff on easy. Any of the stuff that requires the memorial cup (play the round robin games, score twice in a game) and the ones that are based on draft position.

It's all +1 boosts and the 1st helmet slot, but it's something.

and if they further restricted it, that's even bigger horse**** than things are, because it puts the expected completion time for some of these goals from a couple of days to a week or more.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 03:12 AM
  #133
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I got some of the stuff on easy. Any of the stuff that requires the memorial cup (play the round robin games, score twice in a game) and the ones that are based on draft position.

It's all +1 boosts and the 1st helmet slot, but it's something.

and if they further restricted it, that's even bigger horse**** than things are, because it puts the expected completion time for some of these goals from a couple of days to a week or more.
Yeah you can get stuff like 3 points in 4 games, but anything that requires playing 40 games in one season you have to do on default (default everything, including authentic line changes).

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 03:23 AM
  #134
Lebanezer
Registered User
 
Lebanezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 2,678
vCash: 500
Is Nail Yakupov 5'3'' in everyone's version of the NHL 12? I was doing be a GM and naturally thought he'd be a top prospect, but no one can be a top prospect at 5'3'', so he's a 2nd/3rd round pick who sucks.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:29 AM
  #135
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym
 
ChubbChubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Well, I give up.

I beat BAP with sliders = unlocked nothing
I beat BAP on default with classic line changing = nothing
I beat BAP with EVERYTHING on default, and I even played the whole game instead of simming to the third = absolutely nothing


Funny thing is I unlocked my offline superstar card which got me a tough guy boost pack, so that recognizes that I beat BAP but nothing else will.

I don't know why this game is so glitchy, but I literally wasted over three days and dozens of hours grinding BAP for nothing.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:32 AM
  #136
CostcoPizza
Registered Machine
 
CostcoPizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bay Area/Seoul/China
Country: Japan
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
Time to pull out the $$$ guys.

CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:30 AM
  #137
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,857
vCash: 500
Wow that sucks. I just gave up on BaP. I'll just unlock boosts as I play more club-games; I only need passing and stick check anyway.

On another note, just call me God GM




Niemi and Nitty still as my goalies.



With the Salary Cap on too, Nashville and LA just happened to sign them to steals. I actually still have like 2.5 million in free space.

EDIT: Changed it now. Replace Clowe with Backes and Marleau with Ryan.


Last edited by WTFetus: 09-17-2011 at 06:56 AM.
WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:50 AM
  #138
allworldcaucasn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 4,659
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
*sigh* grinding for boosts is so lame. I get why you have to unlock them in BAP, but putting in all these ridiculous hoops to jump through for online is just dumb. Even if they want to keep the cards/exp system, why not just give everyone full unlocked boosts online to at least somewhat level the playing field.

EA will say this encourages people to play other game modes or give them more money. I say I'm not being "encouraged" when I hate every minute of BAP on easy settings just to get boosts.
So you have to play be a pro to boost your attributes of your actual online player? Lame. I thought I read you could buy them instead? I'll just do that.

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 11:50 AM
  #139
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
So you have to play be a pro to boost your attributes of your actual online player? Lame. I thought I read you could buy them instead? I'll just do that.
You can buy them. But I detest the principle of buying an advantage in games like this. I don't mind if the game wants you to buy added levels or missions for a game, or to unlock characters or special content. But I hate the fact that you can want to play the game "legit" and find yourself facing people who have a big advantage right out of the gate because they can afford to spend $70 on the game and then quite possibly double that price by having to buy boosts. The dumb thing is that in the end I'll probably have to spend $20 to get some of the ones that require the apparently broken multi-season BAP accomplishments or insane (for me) online goals like 150 goals and 100 games played.

and that sucks Chubbs. Last year some of the boosts were glitched a bit (I know I couldn't unlock the ones that needed you to get 2 goals in a memorial cup game) but not this badly.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:51 PM
  #140
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym
 
ChubbChubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Well at the very least the boost slot for 200 hits in a season unlocked, so it's not like it was ALL for nothing, just 99% for nothing.

And I also unlocked the Tough Guy Boost Pack for some reason, so I'll be playing wing from now on so I can goon it up every game.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:17 PM
  #141
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,403
vCash: 500
Off hand, does anyone remember what the PSN Store prices are for the boosts and slots? $1/$3/$5?

I want to see if I can figure out what's the least amount I can spend to get boosts I won't be able to earn but would make use of. Step 1 would probably be going back to NHL 11 and looking at what my setup was there because I rarely changed it even when I tinkered with my stats.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:52 PM
  #142
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,403
vCash: 500
do the unlocks that require a certain threshold of averaged stats (1 goal per game, 2 points per game, 1 offside per game) unlock in BAP properly? Also if the 200 hits unlock works, does the 70 points one work as well?

As long as that does I should be able to get all of the boost slots prior to reaching Legend online.

In that case, the only things I will almost certainly have to buy are +5 stick check and speed (don't have the time or patience for legend in Be a GM or the online requirements) and possibly the +5 passing

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:45 PM
  #143
allworldcaucasn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 4,659
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
I spent 12 bucks and got the sniper (W), playmaker (C), and offensive Dman boost pack thingermajiggers. Boosts you up to 79 overall for sniper, 82 for playmaker and 82 I believe for offensive dman.

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:51 PM
  #144
CostcoPizza
Registered Machine
 
CostcoPizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bay Area/Seoul/China
Country: Japan
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Off hand, does anyone remember what the PSN Store prices are for the boosts and slots? $1/$3/$5?

I want to see if I can figure out what's the least amount I can spend to get boosts I won't be able to earn but would make use of. Step 1 would probably be going back to NHL 11 and looking at what my setup was there because I rarely changed it even when I tinkered with my stats.
They are, .99, 1.49 and 1.99.

CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 03:23 PM
  #145
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym
 
ChubbChubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
do the unlocks that require a certain threshold of averaged stats (1 goal per game, 2 points per game, 1 offside per game) unlock in BAP properly? Also if the 200 hits unlock works, does the 70 points one work as well?

As long as that does I should be able to get all of the boost slots prior to reaching Legend online.

In that case, the only things I will almost certainly have to buy are +5 stick check and speed (don't have the time or patience for legend in Be a GM or the online requirements) and possibly the +5 passing
The averaged ones didn't work for me, and neither did the 70 points either for some reason. The only one that did was the 200 hits, triple A in one game, 4 points in 3 straight games, and a hat trick.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:36 PM
  #146
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
They are, .99, 1.49 and 1.99.
ok, that's far more reasonable.

and I should've remembered that too.

So I'd probably be out about $10 to get the stuff I need that I can't earn easily in-game.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 09:47 PM
  #147
The Brewmeister
#Winning.
 
The Brewmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Hammer
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,238
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
hey! We (HFBoards) are currently playing you guys. Good luck.

The Brewmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 09:54 PM
  #148
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton
 
McSkittlez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 500
Yeah, I was like, is that HF Boston? And we froze.

McSkittlez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 09:57 PM
  #149
Rooooooooooxxxanne*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,899
vCash: 500
FUUUUU froze... and in typical sharks fashion you guys were choking... lol jk...

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 10:34 PM
  #150
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik2Daniel View Post
FUUUUU froze... and in typical sharks fashion you guys were choking... lol jk...
I guess it takes a Canucks fan to know a good choke job when they see one, no?

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.