Notices

A message to Giguere - redone

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Disco Volante

vCash: 500
A message to Giguere - redone

Ok, I'll try it once more since there is such a grand demand for it.

My message is mainly adressed to anybody of the Mighty Ducks organisation. It would be necessary and urgent to pass this message to Mr Jean-Sébastien Gigučre : my friend, your mask isn't that great (I censor myself the word sucks because I don't want to redo this thread a thousand times).

The problem isn't an atrocity, but the mask is subpar in the league. Some goalies are just happy with ugly masks (see Burke or Hackett), but with a name like Gigučre, the path seems only logical to me. So please JS, beg the artist HR Giger to create a new design for your mask. With the Giger signature behind the head, it would be no match for all the other goalies in the league - neither on originality nor on quality.

(for those who don't know, Giger is the one who designed the creatures in the movies Alien and Species)

Note : I'm not specially a big fan of Giger, I just think he could design something really interesting and that the Giger/Gigučre thing is too much to pass on.

You can visit the original Giger site there : http://www.hrgiger.com/

Note 2 : please don't delete this thread without a reason.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

What if the reason is Frink has the vapors or something? Would that be acceptable?

Old
10-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Disco Volante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
What if the reason is Frink has the vapors or something? Would that be acceptable?
I had to look it up, never heard of that...

Quote:
vapors Archaic.
Exhalations within a bodily organ, especially the stomach, supposed to affect the mental or physical condition. Used with the.
A nervous disorder such as depression or hysteria. Used with the.
Well I guess it would then jeopardize his capacity at handling the mod job. That would recquire the examination of a superior mod and would be complicated.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:42 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Personally, I think that he should come up with a mask that's drinking-related ... you know, a "jigger."

Old
10-24-2003, 01:13 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I for one like his mask. It's a pretty good mask, and was ranked 3rd overall in goalie masks in the NHL by THN, only Hedberg and Lalime ahead of him.

His mask isn't subpar when you consider things like Brodeur's mask, and many others. I think it should stay the way it is for now. Though the Giguere-Giger coincidence is pretty cool.

Old
10-24-2003, 07:13 PM
fez

Hey thats a pretty good idea, a Giger design would scare the crap out of anybody skating at him. I know itd scare me, most of his stuff looks like it was inspired by some supernatural malevoent force.

A massive Alien would be cool

Closed Thread