HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beating a dead horse...

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 06:12 PM
MCP

vCash: 500
Beating a dead horse...

Sorry guys, I know that you've been over this and over this, but can anyone explain using facts, what the deal with Comrie is.

Is he holding out for $$

Does he truly not want to be in Edmonton?

Are the trade proposals based on legitimate rumours, or are they pure speculation? Would Lowe sit not budge the whole year (ala Peca) to prove a point?

Thx

Old
10-24-2003, 06:23 PM
Whitenoise

What I've heard is that it has nothing at all to do with money. It sounds like there is a huge rift between management and Comrie, and Comrie may not like the pressure of playing in front of the hometown crowd. No one's really said anything in awhile.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP
Sorry guys, I know that you've been over this and over this, but can anyone explain using facts, what the deal with Comrie is.

Is he holding out for $$

Does he truly not want to be in Edmonton?

Are the trade proposals based on legitimate rumours, or are they pure speculation? Would Lowe sit not budge the whole year (ala Peca) to prove a point?

Thx
I think everybody here would love to explain this using facts, but unfortunately we don't know any. There are persistent rumours that it is not about money, and that he is unhappy here. Lowe has said that Comrie will not be traded until there is a good enough offer, and he seems stubborn enough to make him sit forever if he feels he has to. The rumours are mostly speculation, but I think there have been a few where a source has been named, but were probably just speculation from a journalist anyway.

Comrie, Lowe, and Winter have a confidentiality agreement, so nobody gets to hear any part of what's going on, though both sides have expressed doubt about Comrie coming back. We have been left to speculate because of the complete abscence of facts.

Closed Thread