HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2015 NHL Draft Prospects

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2011, 10:37 PM
  #51
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohockey View Post
Watch for U.S. based center Josh Wilkins, 1997 5'10" 165, 101 pts last year as first year Bantam. Now plays for AAA Jr. Carolina Hurricanes. Many compare to Allen Iverson on ice, who can pass it behind his back or between his legs just tape to tape with ease... played for L.A. Junior Kings AAA Bantam this summer...and may join them again in 2012. Already has 8 pts. in his first three games this season.
ill be watching him this year for sure...I actually never heard of him so I wrote his name down and will get to check him out this year.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 10:51 PM
  #52
sigx15
Registered User
 
sigx15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Another name to keep an eye on is Jack Eichel from the Boston Jr. Bruins Empire team, an Oct '96 which I think makes him a 2015 eligible draftee. Incredible talent, tore up the Junior B Nationals last year as one of the youngest players there, and according to some reports, the best player at the u15 national festival this year.

Here's an article from nationals this past year about him
http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...2_09&id=303432

Credit to this thread and Bonney to some of the info
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=827822&page=13
The lowell sun article he links to is gone by the way indicating his early USNTDP commitment

sigx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 10:59 PM
  #53
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigx15 View Post
Another name to keep an eye on is Jack Eichel from the Boston Jr. Bruins Empire team, an Oct '96 which I think makes him a 2015 eligible draftee. Incredible talent, tore up the Junior B Nationals last year as one of the youngest players there, and according to some reports, the best player at the u15 national festival this year.

Here's an article from nationals this past year about him
http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...2_09&id=303432

Credit to this thread and Bonney to some of the info
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=827822&page=13
The lowell sun article he links to is gone by the way indicating his early USNTDP commitment
yes i kknow Eichel...he is a great prospect up and cominig...I saw him last year play.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 11:03 PM
  #54
sigx15
Registered User
 
sigx15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
here's parts of the article from the Lowell Sun:

Real deal

CHELMSFORD -- He hasn't even begun high school, but every Division 1 college hockey program knows -- or should know -- of him. He won't turn 15 until late October, but Jack Eichel has been the leading goal scorer at a national tournament loaded with 17, 18 and 19 year olds.

"He'll go to any college he wants to. I think he really has the potential to be a pro," his coach, Chris Masters said. "I don't think there's anybody at this point who doesn't know him. He's pretty special."

Last month, competing against his peers at USA Hockey's Select 15 Player Development Camp in Rochester, N.Y., the North Chelmsford resident was ranked the No. 1 performer by United States Hockey Report. (He played five games at the camp, the last four with a broken toe.)

Yeah, the 14-year-old Eichel has a bright future.
"I thought I did pretty well," Eichel said. "Not bad, I guess."

He is as modest as he is talented.

Eichel (pronounced eye-kell), who plays center and wing, will begin his freshman year
at Chelmsford High later this month, but he won't play hockey for the Lions. For the second straight year, he will skate for the Boston Junior Bruins Empire team, a squad he led to a national title last spring.

Then it will be off to Ann Arbor, Mich., where he has an offer to join USA Hockey's National Team Development Program.

After that? Expect a feeding frenzy among Division 1 college hockey powerhouses.

A year ago, he stood 5-foot-9 and weighed 145 pounds. Now he is 6 feet, 170 pounds, and still growing.

"I don't think there's really a ceiling," said Masters, his coach with the Junior Bruins. "If there's a Division 1 hockey program in this country that doesn't offer him, I think they should have their head examined."

National champion

.....

He showed a knack for scoring and drew the interest of the Boston Junior Bruins. He was 13 late last summer when he joined the Junior Bruins in a league which allows players up to age 20 to play. He failed to score a goal in his first 13 games.

Following a rough weekend in New Jersey against the aptly-named Hitmen, a two-game series in which he was hit all over the ice and failed to register a point, he drove home with his family when his father, Bob, asked if joining the Junior Bruins was too big a jump.

"It was really frustrating," Eichel said. "I was used to scoring regularly."

Eichel didn't quit, however, and by the end of the regular season the youngest player on the team had collected 36 points in 40 games. He was far from satisfied -- and far from done scoring.

At the USA Hockey Junior B National Tournament, the tournament's youngest player caught fire. In six games, he finished with nine goals (most in the tournament) and 15 points (second most).

"It was really something else," Masters said.

"I was trying to keep my game simple. To say the least, I was lucky," countered Eichel. "I started to get more comfortable."

In the semifinals, with the game tied in overtime, Eichel circled the net and stuffed a shot past the Long Island goaltender, putting his team in the national finals.

"It was a real highlight-reel goal," Masters said.

In the championship game, the Junior Bruins topped the New Hampshire Junior Monarchs in a 3-2 double-overtime classic in which Eichel netted a goal and assist.

"It was incredible. It shows you how much our team came along," he said.
Counting playoffs, he averaged a point a game in 63 games.

Leaving his mark

Eichel made his presence known during the first game of the Select 15 camp. Playing against kids his own age for a change, he dominated with a two-goal, two-assist performance. After the game, players from his team staged a water balloon fight. Eichel took off his shoes and, with an embarrassing grin, he tells how he struck his foot against a sewer drain.

The pain was excruciating. He was told that he had broken a toe. However, he kept icing the injury and a trainer taped two of his toes together, limiting the pain. He played in the rest of his team's practices and four games.

At week's end, a United States Hockey Report staff member ranked the camp's top 50 players and ranked Eichel the best overall player and No. 1 forward.

"I guess that's a pretty good compliment," he said, "to have someone list me the top kid out there. There were so many good kids out there. It definitely motivates you. Just because you're the top player, that doesn't mean you're going to stay there."

That's where hard work comes in and Eichel isn't afraid to work.

Last week, he worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for two hours at Mike Boyle Strength & Conditioning in North Andover. He also skated for an hour Tuesday and Thursday night with several college and pro players at Stoneham Arena.

.....

Looks like the kid is gonna be something special. Should be interesting to watch develop.


Last edited by sigx15: 09-17-2011 at 11:15 PM.
sigx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 02:45 PM
  #55
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Two really standout 1997-born in tv-pucken (a tournament for u-16 kids) the d-man Ludvig Collberg (Sebastian Collbergs brother) and Oliver Kylington. They where two of the top defenseman in the tournament even though they where one year younger than everyone else, finnishing fourth and sixth in the d-mens scoringrace. Both players will play in the j-18 league even though they are 14 years old.

The lateborn 1998 Adam Thilander, also had a good tournament production wise and will play in the j-18 league this year. He very recently turned 13 and isn't eligble until 2017 (makes you feel old)

Philip Magnusson from Rögle is probably one of the best forwards in the 1997 agegroup, he had a decent tournament (8games, 8 points) and will play for Rögles j-18 team this year.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 03:11 PM
  #56
B Boarding
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Two really standout 1997-born in tv-pucken (a tournament for u-16 kids) the d-man Ludvig Collberg (Sebastian Collbergs brother) and Oliver Kylington. They where two of the top defenseman in the tournament even though they where one year younger than everyone else, finnishing fourth and sixth in the d-mens scoringrace. Both players will play in the j-18 league even though they are 14 years old.

The lateborn 1998 Adam Thilander, also had a good tournament production wise and will play in the j-18 league this year. He very recently turned 13 and isn't eligble until 2017 (makes you feel old)

Philip Magnusson from Rögle is probably one of the best forwards in the 1997 agegroup, he had a decent tournament (8games, 8 points) and will play for Rögles j-18 team this year.


There are also a lot of late born 1996 players from Sweden that look promising so far.

Most notable 1996 born, eligible for the 2015 draft:

Fredrik Forsberg, C. Filip Forsbergs little brother. Just as talented but plays center.
Dmytro Timashov, LW. Very very skilled with the puck. Don't know if he will play for Sweden though.
Petter Mäkitalo, LW. Hard working sniper.
Anton Karlsson, RW
Robin Kovacs, LW
Gustaf Franzén, RW
Erik Santesson, LW
Rasmus Andersson, D

B Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 04:43 PM
  #57
Andy Dufresne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Late born 96' Ryan Pilon is still with Lethbridge in the WHL. From the descriptors I've heard he sounds a little like Ekblad, (6'2'', 190 lbs) basically ready to play CHL this year but the dub doesn't have an exception rule (that i've ever heard of anyhow). Any Alberta posters here that have seen him play?

EDIT: Just thought I'd add- anyone who follows the U-17 tournament will possibly be able to see him with team West. They take some of the top regional midgets every year but rarely underagers (St Croix is the only recent one I can think of)


Last edited by Andy Dufresne: 09-18-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Andy Dufresne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:17 PM
  #58
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
Late born 96' Ryan Pilon is still with Lethbridge in the WHL. From the descriptors I've heard he sounds a little like Ekblad, (6'2'', 190 lbs) basically ready to play CHL this year but the dub doesn't have an exception rule (that i've ever heard of anyhow). Any Alberta posters here that have seen him play?

EDIT: Just thought I'd add- anyone who follows the U-17 tournament will possibly be able to see him with team West. They take some of the top regional midgets every year but rarely underagers (St Croix is the only recent one I can think of)
Hockey Canada determines whether a player can gain exceptional status. Ekblad and Tavares applied to Hockey Canada as opposed to the OHL.

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:20 AM
  #59
hockey4life13
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Not sure how you can say Deschenes(note the correct spelling) is now quite average in size. Just saw him at the midget AAA camp ( made the team) and at 14 , second year Bantam age he is now 5'11" and 200lbs of pure muscle. Not sure I have seen many other boys in the Maritimes that age , that size.

hockey4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:30 AM
  #60
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman03 View Post
A few weeks ago I was talking with Deschenes coach from last year and apparently he is hovering around 200 lbs now.
Reminds me of Calabrese

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 07:20 AM
  #61
Eyelanders
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Are there any Finnish prospects that have already done attention by their game, besides Aleksi Saarela? I have heard that Julius Nättinen is doing well at junior C level. He already has very good size (6´1" according to Eliteprospects). Just would be interesting if someone could throw some other Finnish names.

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 07:31 AM
  #62
PuckOut
Registered User
 
PuckOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Oliver Kylington already playing with Djurgårdens J18-team as a 14 year old.

PuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 07:58 AM
  #63
TonyTinglebone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,087
vCash: 500
Atlantic Challenge Cup is this weekend games are being streamed live here http://www.atlanticchallengecup.com/acoe/index.jsp

Rosters for the U-16, U-15 and U-14 teams are here http://www.atlanticchallengecup.com/acoe/team.jsp

TonyTinglebone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:33 PM
  #64
Indian
Registered User
 
Indian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Košice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Another name from Slovakia would be Radovan Bondra playing for Košice in the U18 league.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 05:27 PM
  #65
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan789 View Post
Are there any Finnish prospects that have already done attention by their game, besides Aleksi Saarela? I have heard that Julius Nättinen is doing well at junior C level. He already has very good size (6´1" according to Eliteprospects). Just would be interesting if someone could throw some other Finnish names.
It’s early and I have only seen a portion of the early front-runners so far, but smooth skating defenseman Veeti Vainio from Blues might be worth keeping an eye on. Another Blues player; forward Joonas Niemelä played a few exhibition games with Jr.B, but seems to be off to a slow start in Jr.C. I have slightly mixed feelings about Julius Nättinen, it’s hard to put this into words but he seems to be lacking some sharpness in his movement and play with the puck. In addition his level of involvement isn’t always that high, perhaps his coordination is still recovering from fast growth. From other northern players Sebastian Aho has started the season well statistically, but for example Jonne Tammela is equally talented, he just isn’t getting similar support from his team.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 02:15 AM
  #66
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I believe Sloboda was born in August 1996 which would make him eligible in 2014 already.

A name to remember that I have heard for Slovakia was 1997 born forward Peter Valent from Banská Bystrica.
Peter Valent plays on the 2nd line fro Banská Bystrica´s U18 team, so far with 8pts (4G+4A) in 8 games.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:44 AM
  #67
Eyelanders
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
It’s early and I have only seen a portion of the early front-runners so far, but smooth skating defenseman Veeti Vainio from Blues might be worth keeping an eye on. Another Blues player; forward Joonas Niemelä played a few exhibition games with Jr.B, but seems to be off to a slow start in Jr.C. I have slightly mixed feelings about Julius Nättinen, it’s hard to put this into words but he seems to be lacking some sharpness in his movement and play with the puck. In addition his level of involvement isn’t always that high, perhaps his coordination is still recovering from fast growth. From other northern players Sebastian Aho has started the season well statistically, but for example Jonne Tammela is equally talented, he just isn’t getting similar support from his team.
Thanks for the quick response. Those players that you mentioned sound pretty interesting.

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 04:44 AM
  #68
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
There are also a lot of late born 1996 players from Sweden that look promising so far.

Most notable 1996 born, eligible for the 2015 draft:

Fredrik Forsberg, C. Filip Forsbergs little brother. Just as talented but plays center.
Another Forsberg?
hm, lets see. We have Peter Forsberg, we all know, who is this guy.
Then there are prospects Alex Forsberg, Filip Forsberg and now Fredrik Forsberg... It will be funny, if all of them will play in one team...

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:33 PM
  #69
krax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorooter View Post
Here are a few kids that turned some heads recently. I believe they are 2015 eligible although Godbout may not be.
This was taken from a Quebec publication RDS Hockey.

Marcel Godbout de Detroit Belle Tire ( hé bien non, il ne parle pas le français)

Anthony Siderio des Flyers de Philadelphie

Maxime Chevalier des petits Remparts

Connor McDavid de York Simcoe Express

Travis Dermott de York Simcoe Express

Dylan Fouts des Penguins de Pittsburgh

Ivan Nikolishin de Moscou

Merci de me publier !!
This guy was already mentioned two years ago:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=665676&page=3
Not without reason IMO

krax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:18 PM
  #70
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,603
vCash: 50
Bump. Any Americans who are highly touted? I know I've put this in several places but I really need the info.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 06:25 PM
  #71
buffaloburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Marcel Godbout de Detroit Belle Tire ( hé bien non, il ne parle pas le français)

Anthony Siderio des Flyers de Philadelphie

Maxime Chevalier des petits Remparts

Connor McDavid de York Simcoe Express

Travis Dermott de York Simcoe Express

Dylan Fouts des Penguins de Pittsburgh

Ivan Nikolishin de Moscou
Godbout, Siderio and Fouts are U.S. born players while Chevalier will be drafted in the Q in 2012. Siderio I believe is playing in Canada(toronto). Dermott is Canadian still with York Simcoe and McDavid plays with Marlies.
I have heard of Nikolishin as well, but have not seen him play. All will get drafted early in 2012 CHL or be highly sought after by ncaa.

buffaloburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:23 PM
  #72
Breakfast of Champs
Registered User
 
Breakfast of Champs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorooter View Post
Marcel Godbout de Detroit Belle Tire ( hé bien non, il ne parle pas le français)

Anthony Siderio des Flyers de Philadelphie

Maxime Chevalier des petits Remparts

Connor McDavid de York Simcoe Express

Travis Dermott de York Simcoe Express

Dylan Fouts des Penguins de Pittsburgh

Ivan Nikolishin de Moscou
Godbout, Siderio and Fouts are U.S. born players while Chevalier will be drafted in the Q in 2012. Siderio I believe is playing in Canada(toronto). Dermott is Canadian still with York Simcoe and McDavid plays with Marlies.
I have heard of Nikolishin as well, but have not seen him play. All will get drafted early in 2012 CHL or be highly sought after by ncaa.

is maxime chevalier a late 96?

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:39 AM
  #73
buffaloburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Chevalier April 96
Dermott Dec 96
McDavid Jan 97
Fouts Feb 96

Not sure of the others. That would make Dermott and McDavid eligible for nhl draft in 2015, the others in 2014.

buffaloburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 02:33 PM
  #74
MNHOCKEYPROSPECTS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Here are some pics of Nathan Noel of Shattuck St. Mary’s Bantam tier-1 program. He has looked very good in my viewings so far this season. More of a playmaker than a finisher at this point of his development. His puck control skills are amazing.

-Nathan Noel

MNHOCKEYPROSPECTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 02:50 PM
  #75
habsrule4eva3089
Registered User
 
habsrule4eva3089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
I think it was a post from Mr. Scoutman 1 but he said the three best Canadians are Matthew Barzal, Nathan Noel, and Connor McDavid. Obviously early but can anyone give any comparisons to present day NHL'ers or details about their style of play from any viewings recently?

habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.