HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Winnie hurt at practice today...

Old
09-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Greeningfan14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown0 View Post
How do I show up back on the Sens part of the boards, and find people hating on our own players. Winnie goes down and some people want him to stay that way. Da Costa being burned even though he's only played two NHL games...

Guys, I just physically face pamed while writing that ^
Its sad, really. These are our guys, on our team. We should all be hoping that Winnie recovers with no permanent damage done, and should have faith that DC (Da Costa) can shape up into a good top 6 palyer. At the very least, his presence and skill set forces Zibanejad to bet better in order to get a spot on the team
Less hate guys, come on! This is our team. You wanna hate on our guys, head over to the leafs and habs boards!
Da Costa sucks.

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Anca18

vCash: 200
Quote:
How do I show up back on the Sens part of the boards, and find people hating on our own players. Winnie goes down and some people want him to stay that way. Da Costa being burned even though he's only played two NHL games...

Its sad, really. These are our guys, on our team. We should all be hoping that Winnie recovers with no permanent damage done, and should have faith that DC (Da Costa) can shape up into a good top 6 palyer. At the very least, his presence and skill set forces Zibanejad to bet better in order to get a spot on the team.

Less hate guys, come on! This is our team. You wanna hate on our guys, head over to the leafs and habs boards!
It's ok, you've been away. Let me clue you in. Right now we have an NHL center depth that looks like this, in no perticular order: Spezza, Z-Bad, Da Costa, Smith, Regin, Konopka, Winchester. Due to our team's current state of "rebuilding" we are pulling for youngsters to get valuable playing minutes on the team. Winchester's injury clears up the depth a little bit for a little while.

The Da Costa sucks thing generates from a poster here ranting about how bad Da Costa is in one of the rookie tournament's GDT. A couple of minutes later Da Costa went on to score a hat trick. The poster kept going through his hat trick. The phrase stuck.

Anca18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 07:25 PM
DefenseMinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker5123 View Post
It's ok, you've been away. Let me clue you in. Right now we have an NHL center depth that looks like this, in no perticular order: Spezza, Z-Bad, Da Costa, Smith, Regin, Konopka, Winchester. Due to our team's current state of "rebuilding" we are pulling for youngsters to get valuable playing minutes on the team. Winchester's injury clears up the depth a little bit for a little while.
The problem with that logic is that the young players you have mentioned will not be playing on the roster if all that is available is a 4th line or extra forward spot. Since Winchester is a 4th liner at best, his absence doesn't impact their chances at all.

Not sure why this isn't readily apparent. Da Costa and Zibanejad are competing with Regin, not Konopka or Winchester.

DefenseMinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Anca18

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseMinister View Post
The problem with that logic is that the young players you have mentioned will not be playing on the roster if all that is available is a 4th line or extra forward spot. Since Winchester is a 4th liner at best, his absence doesn't impact their chances at all.

Not sure why this isn't readily apparent. Da Costa and Zibanejad are competing with Regin, not Konopka or Winchester.
The problem with that logic is that I was mentioning the depth, not who they'll be competing with.

Anca18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:

Its sad, really. These are our guys, on our team. We should all be hoping that Winnie recovers with no permanent damage done, and should have faith that DC (Da Costa) can shape up into a good top 6 palyer. At the very least, his presence and skill set forces Zibanejad to bet better in order to get a spot on the team.

Da Costa will never be a good player...let alone a top 6er in the NHL, he's just too soft/lazy/inconsistent to be even taken seriously as a professional hockey player(he's basically useless).

People who think otherwise clearly don't understand the game of hockey as well as we do.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

vCash: 284
Am I the only one who thinks that Winnie is a horrible nickname?

Reminds me of this guy:

Anyway, I hope his career won't suffer as a result of this.

Senacus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 09:13 PM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-10-2012 at 09:06 PM.
True Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 09:56 PM
matts10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail2012 View Post
Getting old fast. Not my place to say, but just thought I had to. Take it for what it is worth.
Totally agree! Was funny at first, but it seems too be getting a bit over the top.

matts10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Stylizer1
Undertaker for Stars

vCash: 50
Winnie was going to be put on waivers anyway.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:07 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenacusMaximus View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Winnie is a horrible nickname?

Reminds me of this guy:

Anyway, I hope his career won't suffer as a result of this.
I agree. We should call him CarknerVille instead.

09-19-2011, 07:10 AM
eyeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Da Costa will never be a good player...let alone a top 6er in the NHL, he's just too soft/lazy/inconsistent to be even taken seriously as a professional hockey player(he's basically useless).

People who think otherwise clearly don't understand the game of hockey as well as we do.
With you 100% on this one.

eyeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 10:13 AM
DefenseMinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker5123 View Post
The problem with that logic is that I was mentioning the depth, not who they'll be competing with.
My bad. I guess I just got confused by the part of your post where you stated specifically that Winchester's injury would lead to more chances for the younger players, as opposed to what you tried to twist it into after the fact ....

Quote:
Due to our team's current state of "rebuilding" we are pulling for youngsters to get valuable playing minutes on the team. Winchester's injury clears up the depth a little bit for a little while.

DefenseMinister is offline   Reply With Quote