HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How does your top 2 lines look?

Old
09-19-2011, 05:35 AM
Jaymond Flurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikJohnson6 View Post
I heard that Stastny guy is pretty good.
I heard he's about to be traded.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:24 AM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikJohnson6 View Post
I heard that Stastny guy is pretty good.
If this is the lineup hopefully we can get a first line center and a 2nd line wingers with our high draft picks. That team is ****ed.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Mouse21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
Mueller-Duchene-Hejduk
Galiardi-O'Reilly-Jones
*sigh*
jesus christ.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Mueller-Duchene-Hejduk
Galiardi-O'Reilly-Jones
No Statsny, are you out of your freaking mind?

Aha, you are from Finland (?) ;-)

At the end of this season there may also be two Swedes in the top 2 lines, live with it.

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 09:56 AM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
I heard he's about to be traded.
Nah, you're just hearing the gas coming outta your ass.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 10:12 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Disagree 100%. If anything, he will start in the top 6, and maybe get bumped down if a guy like Galiardi shows he's more worthy.
Lindstrom has outplayed Landeskog and developed some good chemistry with Stastny and Jones. As I said in the training camp thread I believe the top 3 lines are already set in stone. (made a mistake with McClement)

Lindstrom - Stastny - Jones
Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk
open - O'Reilly - Landeskog

It's basically down to either Galiardi or Winnik (IMO Winnik has played better) with McClement centering the 4th line.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Lindstrom has outplayed Landeskog and developed some good chemistry with Stastny and Jones. As I said in the training camp thread I believe the top 3 lines are already set in stone. (made a mistake with McClement)

It's basically down to either Galiardi or Winnik (IMO Winnik has played better) with McClement centering the 4th line.
I think what happens in the pre-season games are much more important in determining who plays where than the intersquad scrimmages are.

That said, I don't think they would put Lindström with Stastny and Jones in camp unless their scouting reports told them he might be able to handle a role like that. They assemble lines with a purpose so no doubt they will give him a fair chance at earning a spot.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 10:24 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think what happens in the pre-season games are much more important in determining who plays where than the intersquad scrimmages are.

That said, I don't think they would put Lindström with Stastny and Jones in camp unless their scouting reports told them he might be able to handle a role like that. They assemble lines with a purpose so no doubt they will give him a fair chance at earning a spot.
You're probably right and am prejudging. But don't be surprised if these are lines on the opening roster.

I kind of hope that Lindstrom can stay on the first line, because let me tell you guys Landeskog/O'Reilly really are an amazing duo. And add either Galiardi/Winnik and that line will be one of best 3rd lines ever.

Old
09-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
You're probably right and am prejudging. But don't be surprised if these are lines on the opening roster.

I kind of hope that Lindstrom can stay on the first line, because let me tell you guys Landeskog/O'Reilly really are an amazing duo. And add either Galiardi/Winnik and that line will be one of best 3rd lines ever.
That would be nice, but I think you're pushing it a little bit.

Lindstrom is a great signing (I mentioned that at the moment he was signed also) and I really hope he'll end up as a good player on our 1st line. I think it would be ideal to have Landeskog start on the 3rd line, there's no point in rushing him to play big mins from the start, let him play 3rd line min with O'Reilly (who's by everything you guys are saying ready for a breakout season) and give him some PP time.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 11:01 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
Quote:

I don't get to see any of training camp, has Landeskog been playing on the right side?

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

There probably isn't a lot of PP in training camp, but last year Lindström was quite lethal as a trigger man on the right side (like a poor mans Stamkos). It's something to look for if you get a chance.

Old
09-19-2011, 11:13 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I don't get to see any of training camp, has Landeskog been playing on the right side?
He's been playing LW because Porter has been on the right side. But he can definitely play either wing and still be effective.

Old
09-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Peter The Great

As a Swede I'm really happy that Lindstrom is doing great in camp but first line, is that really realistic? ;-)

I'm glad if Lindström has matured in Sweden and learned from his mistaked during earlier NHL seasons! From your reports it looks great.

Like I have stated before, he had most points of all players in SEL last season! Great trade, I wonder if Peter The Great himself gave some advice to management?

As for Landeskog, he is a future premier power forward and possible captain. What did you guys expect? :-D I almost get the impression that some of you are dissapointed but this is hopefully a misunderstanding.

Last edited by 21: 09-19-2011 at 11:31 AM.
21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

I think basically everyone has either the first or second line C/RW set in

Duchene - Hejduk
Stastny - Jones

and the LWs are still questions.

Will Mueller be healthy and hit his stride?
Will Landeskog step into top line minutes right away?
Will Lindstrom transition from being the SEL leading scorer to a regular scorer in the NHL?
And finally, will Galiardi's bulking up this offseason help him become a player that we have seen flashes of greatness from?

I am liking the situation we are in right now. Quite a bit of depth in each position, each able to play top line minutes if need be.

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:45 PM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injury Prone Stastny View Post
I think basically everyone has either the first or second line C/RW set in

Duchene - Hejduk
Stastny - Jones

and the LWs are still questions.

Will Mueller be healthy and hit his stride?
Will Landeskog step into top line minutes right away?
Will Lindstrom transition from being the SEL leading scorer to a regular scorer in the NHL?
And finally, will Galiardi's bulking up this offseason help him become a player that we have seen flashes of greatness from?

I am liking the situation we are in right now. Quite a bit of depth in each position, each able to play top line minutes if need be.
You may as well included O'Reilly as third line center, because that is set in stone. I'm glad that he is finally going to get decent wingers. A lot of people were hard on his offensive game last year, but he never got to play with wingers who could score, and had new ones almost every week. Looks like that will finally change this season.

Old
09-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
You may as well included O'Reilly as third line center, because that is set in stone. I'm glad that he is finally going to get decent wingers. A lot of people were hard on his offensive game last year, but he never got to play with wingers who could score, and had new ones almost every week. Looks like that will finally change this season.
To continue on my post (I only put the top 2 because that's in the topic):

I'd like to see:

Galiardi - O'Reilly - Landeskog
Winnik - McClement - Kobasew

Old
09-19-2011, 01:11 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
To continue on my post (I only put the top 2 because that's in the topic):

I'd like to see:

My only concern on this is Lindstrom. He isn't proven and having him on the first line is a risk. Other than that this lineup is full of win.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

I have a hard time seeing McLeod as anything but a fourth liner or the 13th forward.

Which means bad news for Yip and Porter if Lindström makes the team.

Old
09-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
My only concern on this is Lindstrom. He isn't proven and having him on the first line is a risk. Other than that this lineup is full of win.
The only thing with that is Lindstrom is more proven than Galiardi and Landeskog right now (Injuries/Rookie) even though he spent time in the SEL.

He was still leading scorer of the SEL so I am hoping his game can transition to the NHL with the same figures.

Old
09-19-2011, 04:09 PM
CB Joe

Quote:
I think the left side on the top two lines is going to be like a game of musical chairs this year. Right now my guess is that spot is Lindstrom's to lose.

I hoping this year will be a breakout year for Galiardi. After reading the article on him I think he's really matured physically and mentally this off-season. Maybe Scratcho was right to send him down to the AHL last season.

Old
09-19-2011, 04:15 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
If Lindstrom continues to perform in pre-season then I think he'll get that spot locked up. I personally think that the lines will look like:

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:16 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
The only thing with that is Lindstrom is more proven than Galiardi and Landeskog right now (Injuries/Rookie) even though he spent time in the SEL.

He was still leading scorer of the SEL so I am hoping his game can transition to the NHL with the same figures.
I would agree in Landeskog's case but not Galiardi. Gali has played on the top line at the NHL level and not been out of place. That doesn't mean he belongs there but it is experience. I don't know Lindstrom's complete history but it doesn't seem like his previous NHL time was so great. Not bagging on the guy as it is totally possible for him to finally click in the SEL. Just stating that is an awful big question mark on the first line.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
I would agree in Landeskog's case but not Galiardi. Gali has played on the top line at the NHL level and not been out of place. That doesn't mean he belongs there but it is experience. I don't know Lindstrom's complete history but it doesn't seem like his previous NHL time was so great. Not bagging on the guy as it is totally possible for him to finally click in the SEL. Just stating that is an awful big question mark on the first line.
He played for PXN which isn't know for developing scoring forwards and scoring 60 points in SEL isn't easy. In my mind he's more proven than TJ without a doubt.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

Quote:
I see your point. I am just saying Galiardi hasn't consistantly contributed when he does play on the top line in the past.

After reading about him bulking up though, I expect more out of him this season. And I wouldn't be all that surprised if he takes over the #1 LW spot at some point this year.

Old
09-19-2011, 05:22 PM
The Infamous Tank
Franklinator Maker

What a nice problem to have 3 players competeing for top line duties

The Infamous Tank is offline   Reply With Quote