Notices

So my Friend.......

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
SCP Guy

vCash: 50
So my Friend.......

He is still steamed he did not get season tickets and has made it his goal in life to hunt down scalpers

So he bought some tickets off kajiji for the Carolina game for about 30% over face value. He picked them up at the guys house and has the guys name, address, phone number and emails printed out with the agreed upon price of the tickets....he says he setup an email account that does not have his name on it and only called the guy once from a payphone...so other then the guy seeing him once he has no way to track him....

His plan is the day after the game to walk into the TN office and leave all this information along with the tickets with them.....

Do you think this will make a difference?

My buddy is a bit OCD and he plans to do this all year

Old
09-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
He is still steamed he did not get season tickets and has made it his goal in life to hunt down scalpers

So he bought some tickets off kajiji for the Carolina game for about 30% over face value. He picked them up at the guys house and has the guys name, address, phone number and emails printed out with the agreed upon price of the tickets....he says he setup an email account that does not have his name on it and only called the guy once from a payphone...so other then the guy seeing him once he has no way to track him....

His plan is the day after the game to walk into the TN office and leave all this information along with the tickets with them.....

The only problem I see with this is, if he uses the tickets and reports it after the fact, he is committing a crime.

09-19-2011, 01:35 PM
supahdupah
Registered Boozer

vCash: 500
Quote:

Yet, he is going to the game? That's a little morally suspect.

Old
09-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Quote:

What does he think TNSE is going to do with this information? Cancel the guys season tickets mid-season? I don't think so.

What I could see is TNSE turning that info over to WPS - but guess what, if it leads to charges your buddy's name is going to be disclosed to the scalper.

Plus - what kind of a stand is he making if he is continually buying tickets from scalpers and using them?

Old
09-19-2011, 01:39 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdupah View Post
Yet, he is going to the game? That's a little morally suspect.
That is what I said....he said hell ya Im going to the game then turn it all in

According to him its a crime to sell not to buy (not sure how accurate this is lol)

Old
09-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Damascus

You know the best way to get rid of scalpers? By not buying from them. This accomplishes nothing more than making himself look like an ******.

Old
09-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Single game tickets are going to be marked up 25-55% as is by TNSE, so the 30% over face value isn't really the issue. He may be actually saving money in the end, lol. He doesn't sound very bright, and seems to want drama. If he has that much time...maybe he can donate it to a greater cause?

Old
09-19-2011, 01:59 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Single game tickets are going to be marked up 25-55% as is by TNSE, so the 30% over face value isn't really the issue. He may be actually saving money in the end, lol. He doesn't sound very bright, and seems to want drama. If he has that much time...maybe he can donate it to a greater cause?
Sounds like you know him

He said walkup prices doen't matter it's what is printed on the ticket lol

I guess everyone has one of these kind of friends........

Old
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Your buddy is a tool

Old
09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Your buddy is a tool
My sentiments exactly, why should a hockey ticket be any different from any other product where there is supply and demand. If you feel the ticket price is too high don't buy it!

Old
09-19-2011, 02:09 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

"your buddy" *nudge nudge wink wink* is nuts! hahah
but all the power to him.

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
09-19-2011, 02:12 PM
s1g

I sure hope the guy who sold your buddy the tickets is on HF Boards and sees this thread. And I sure hope that this guy was just selling 2 extra tickets, and still plans on attending the game so he can confront your buddy for being a snitch.

Old
09-19-2011, 02:16 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
"your buddy" *nudge nudge wink wink* is nuts! hahah
but all the power to him.

Your nudge nudge wink wink towards me is wrong...I got my ST thank-you very much

Old
09-19-2011, 02:18 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
I sure hope the guy who sold your buddy the tickets is on HF Boards and sees this thread. And I sure hope that this guy was just selling 2 extra tickets, and still plans on attending the game so he can confront your buddy for being a snitch.
That would be epic

Old
09-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
I don't see this going anywhere productive. Closed.

Closed Thread