HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

So my Friend.......

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
  #1
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 50
So my Friend.......

He is still steamed he did not get season tickets and has made it his goal in life to hunt down scalpers

So he bought some tickets off kajiji for the Carolina game for about 30% over face value. He picked them up at the guys house and has the guys name, address, phone number and emails printed out with the agreed upon price of the tickets....he says he setup an email account that does not have his name on it and only called the guy once from a payphone...so other then the guy seeing him once he has no way to track him....

His plan is the day after the game to walk into the TN office and leave all this information along with the tickets with them.....

Do you think this will make a difference?

My buddy is a bit OCD and he plans to do this all year

SCP Guy is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 01:35 PM
  #2
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,761
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
He is still steamed he did not get season tickets and has made it his goal in life to hunt down scalpers

So he bought some tickets off kajiji for the Carolina game for about 30% over face value. He picked them up at the guys house and has the guys name, address, phone number and emails printed out with the agreed upon price of the tickets....he says he setup an email account that does not have his name on it and only called the guy once from a payphone...so other then the guy seeing him once he has no way to track him....

His plan is the day after the game to walk into the TN office and leave all this information along with the tickets with them.....

Do you think this will make a difference?

My buddy is a bit OCD and he plans to do this all year
The only problem I see with this is, if he uses the tickets and reports it after the fact, he is committing a crime.

__________________
The farts have just started and thankfully the boyfriend has already headed home. -LadyJet
Jet is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 01:35 PM
  #3
supahdupah
Registered Boozer
 
supahdupah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
He is still steamed he did not get season tickets and has made it his goal in life to hunt down scalpers

So he bought some tickets off kajiji for the Carolina game for about 30% over face value. He picked them up at the guys house and has the guys name, address, phone number and emails printed out with the agreed upon price of the tickets....he says he setup an email account that does not have his name on it and only called the guy once from a payphone...so other then the guy seeing him once he has no way to track him....

His plan is the day after the game to walk into the TN office and leave all this information along with the tickets with them.....

Do you think this will make a difference?

My buddy is a bit OCD and he plans to do this all year
Yet, he is going to the game? That's a little morally suspect.

supahdupah is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 01:38 PM
  #4
Yukon Joe
Registered User
 
Yukon Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
He is still steamed he did not get season tickets and has made it his goal in life to hunt down scalpers

So he bought some tickets off kajiji for the Carolina game for about 30% over face value. He picked them up at the guys house and has the guys name, address, phone number and emails printed out with the agreed upon price of the tickets....he says he setup an email account that does not have his name on it and only called the guy once from a payphone...so other then the guy seeing him once he has no way to track him....

His plan is the day after the game to walk into the TN office and leave all this information along with the tickets with them.....

Do you think this will make a difference?

My buddy is a bit OCD and he plans to do this all year
What does he think TNSE is going to do with this information? Cancel the guys season tickets mid-season? I don't think so.

What I could see is TNSE turning that info over to WPS - but guess what, if it leads to charges your buddy's name is going to be disclosed to the scalper.

Plus - what kind of a stand is he making if he is continually buying tickets from scalpers and using them?

Yukon Joe is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 01:39 PM
  #5
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdupah View Post
Yet, he is going to the game? That's a little morally suspect.
That is what I said....he said hell ya Im going to the game then turn it all in

According to him its a crime to sell not to buy (not sure how accurate this is lol)

SCP Guy is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 01:41 PM
  #6
Damascus
Registered User
 
Damascus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 516
vCash: 50
You know the best way to get rid of scalpers? By not buying from them. This accomplishes nothing more than making himself look like an ******.

Damascus is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 01:53 PM
  #7
Paradise
Individual thinker
 
Paradise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waiverpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Single game tickets are going to be marked up 25-55% as is by TNSE, so the 30% over face value isn't really the issue. He may be actually saving money in the end, lol. He doesn't sound very bright, and seems to want drama. If he has that much time...maybe he can donate it to a greater cause?

Paradise is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 01:59 PM
  #8
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Single game tickets are going to be marked up 25-55% as is by TNSE, so the 30% over face value isn't really the issue. He may be actually saving money in the end, lol. He doesn't sound very bright, and seems to want drama. If he has that much time...maybe he can donate it to a greater cause?
Sounds like you know him

He said walkup prices doen't matter it's what is printed on the ticket lol

I guess everyone has one of these kind of friends........

SCP Guy is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
  #9
bigplay41
BIG MEECH
 
bigplay41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,291
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Your buddy is a tool

bigplay41 is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
  #10
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Your buddy is a tool
My sentiments exactly, why should a hockey ticket be any different from any other product where there is supply and demand. If you feel the ticket price is too high don't buy it!

sipowicz is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 02:09 PM
  #11
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,003
vCash: 50
"your buddy" *nudge nudge wink wink* is nuts! hahah
but all the power to him.

__________________
Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 02:12 PM
  #12
s1g
Registered User
 
s1g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
I sure hope the guy who sold your buddy the tickets is on HF Boards and sees this thread. And I sure hope that this guy was just selling 2 extra tickets, and still plans on attending the game so he can confront your buddy for being a snitch.

s1g is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 02:16 PM
  #13
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
"your buddy" *nudge nudge wink wink* is nuts! hahah
but all the power to him.

Your nudge nudge wink wink towards me is wrong...I got my ST thank-you very much

SCP Guy is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 02:18 PM
  #14
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
I sure hope the guy who sold your buddy the tickets is on HF Boards and sees this thread. And I sure hope that this guy was just selling 2 extra tickets, and still plans on attending the game so he can confront your buddy for being a snitch.
That would be epic

SCP Guy is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 02:21 PM
  #15
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,216
vCash: 264
I don't see this going anywhere productive. Closed.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.