HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If I Were Pierre Gauthier...

Old
09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

vCash: 500
If I Were Pierre Gauthier...

This thread is for all you GM wanna-be's. Here, you can post anything that you would do if you were the GM on the Habs...

If I were GM...

1. I would offer D Michael D'Orazio a contract. He is 6'1", 211lbs, 21 years of age. He split last season between the London Knights and Mississauga St. Micheal's Majors with 63GP-13G-29A-42PTS-27PIM- (+13)

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 05:44 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

trade gomez

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Bieber fever

I would continu the good work ...

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 06:04 PM
DJ Breadman

Sign a fighter and then kick a chicken dinner off the wall

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 07:23 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

As of now. Nothing. We have made some upgrades. Markov over Wiz, Gorges of Hamrlik, Patches over Pouliot, Budaj over Auld(hopefully that one works out), Erik Cole over squat.
Let's start the season and see how it goes.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 07:40 PM
ruski17

Sign McFadden and maybe Winnett!!! And btry to make it on an episode of Cops.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:17 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Any more off-topic posts will be met with an infraction. If you don't have anything useful to add, don't post.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 11:38 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
As of now. Nothing. We have made some upgrades. Markov over Wiz, Gorges of Hamrlik, Patches over Pouliot, Budaj over Auld(hopefully that one works out), Erik Cole over squat.
Let's start the season and see how it goes.

My thoughts exactly.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Make a blockbuster deal that includes defensemen, fighters.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-19-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 06:56 AM
WestIslander

Leave the team as is and attempt to trade Spacek a.s.a.p. and sign or trade for a third line right winger with speed and skill to play with Kostitsyn and Eller.

Let Diaz start the season in Hamilton and Desharnais as the 4th or 5th centre depending on the team we are playing and what we need.

So...

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Eller - ?????
Darche - White - Moen
Desharnais

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Emelin - Woywitka
Weber

Price
Budaj

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:11 AM
Beendair Donedat

Pick up David Clarkson to play on the third line. Adds toughness, hitting and a decent scoring touch.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:44 AM
WestIslander

Clarkson has a cap hit of $2,700,000.00 and I don't see New Jersey trading him unless we send them a prospect.

I say we trade Desharnais + Weber for a legitimate 3rd line right wing to play with Kostitsyn and Eller.

Old
09-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Leave the team as is and attempt to trade Spacek a.s.a.p. and sign or trade for a third line right winger with speed and skill to play with Kostitsyn and Eller.

Let Diaz start the season in Hamilton and Desharnais as the 4th or 5th centre depending on the team we are playing and what we need.

So...

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Eller - ?????
Darche - White - Moen
Desharnais

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Emelin - Woywitka
Weber

Price
Budaj
You are crazy for benching DD... wtf?

So if I were GM i would keep DD on the 3rd line

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:41 AM
WestIslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
You are crazy for benching DD... wtf?

So if I were GM i would keep DD on the 3rd line
You want to win a cup? You need a better third line with more toughness and scoring, look at all the teams in the past decade that won the cup and look at the depth from line #1 to line #4, Montreal has players on there second line (example: Pacioretty and Gomez) that play on other teams third lines.

Old
09-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 200
I would try and attain as many draft picks as I can for this upcoming draft. Our draft pool needs some refilling, also try and dump spacek for a low level prospect.

Quote:
You want to win a cup? You need a better third line with more toughness and scoring, look at all the teams in the past decade that won the cup and look at the depth from line #1 to line #4, Montreal has players on there second line (example: Pacioretty and Gomez) that play on other teams third lines.
Both Pacioretty and Gomez aren't legit 2nd liners? if not were in trouble.

Last edited by Mike8: 09-19-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: merge
Kobe Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Habs 1909

Quote:
If we're going to win a cup, it's not by mirroring other teams. Our game plans makes it that DD belongs and fits perfectly into our lineup.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 09:40 AM
llamateizer

isnt he still signed by the sharks?

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/player.ht...74808&view=bio

llamateizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:46 PM
jadensdad

Campoli

He is still a free agent, and we have dough. 1 yr @ 2 million to cover for markov.

thoughts..........

jadensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:50 PM

Campoli is not a very good dman, it's still shocking to me what both the Sens and Hawks have given up to acquire him (Sens 1st round pick and Hawks 2nd round pick).

Furthermore, Markov's absence will be short term...the Habs have enough depth to cover that.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Wow...

Unless last year was a sign of things to come, Gomez is a top 30 (or so) centre in the league. He had a horrible season, the worst of his career, but let's not get carried away and say that he's not a top 6 forward.

If Gomez plays at his usual level, and there is no reason just yet to believe that he won't, he's easily an excellent, though overpaid, second line centre on a good team.

Pacioretty isn't proven, but if he plays like he did last year then he's a very good second line left winger.

The real issue with our forwards is that we don't have a game breaker, but we have 6 or 7 forwards who can play in the top 6 on a good team. Maybe more if some break out, maybe less if some disappoint.

Last edited by Montreal Typical: 09-19-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Knuckles30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Wow...

Unless last year was a sign of things to come, Gomez is a top 30 (or so) centre in the league. He had a horrible season, the worst of his career, but let's not get carried away and say that he's not a top 6 forward.

If Gomez plays at his usual level, and there is no reason just yet to believe that he won't, he's easily an excellent, though overpaid, second line centre on a good team.

Pacioretty isn't proven, but if he plays like he did last year then he's a very good second line left winger.

The real issue with our forwards is that we don't have a game breaker, but we have 6 or 7 forwards who can play in the top 6 on a good team. Maybe more if some break out, maybe less if some disappoint.
Based on points last year, Gomez is the 60th best centre in the league. (28th in 09-10).

Knuckles30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 03:45 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles30 View Post
Based on points last year, Gomez is the 60th best centre in the league. (28th in 09-10).
that means he's a top 2 center!

llamateizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Knuckles30

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
that means he's a top 2 center!
Yup, even at his worst. At his best (ok, maybe at his better?) the Habs have a very good (statistically) 1-2 punch with both in the top 30.

Knuckles30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:40 PM
neofury*

I understand out of a guy you pay 7.5 cap hit you expect 10-15 but my expectation of Gomez was always 20-30th among centers, which wouldn't even necessarily be a top 30 point getter in the league.

But I do understand where people are coming from. That said we needed a 2nd liner center and we got one even if he is overpaid. Teams like Florida have like 7-8 guys overpaid in total that we do with the likes of Gomez and the other slightly overpaid players. With a cap if your team is competitive (we are) and you're overpaying, chances are on the whole you aren't overpaying anymore than other teams.

It's just so glaring for us because of Gomez being the one who takes up the biggest chunk of that overpayment.

A lot of other teams are just overpaying 500k her, 1 mil there, 250k there and it adds up. We have some quite fair deals you never hear anyone talk about. Plek at 5. Also Cammy at 6 is a steal I don't care what people try to tell you. It isn't his fault he's been injured both seasons and has always shown why he's worth 6 million in the post season. In my eyes Cammalleri and Kostitsyn are victims of poor circumstance. They both take quite a bit of time to come back to 100% after an injury and both of them have had injuries most years since being with the club.

Give either of them a healthy year and I think they'll impress a lot of people. For one if Andrei stays healthy pretty sure 3.5 will be a steal. He's only ever produced badly when returning from injuries and that time he was put with Gomez for the most part.

Cammy we all know what he's capable of. Lets not forget neither of these guys throw off the locker room thing we have going on either. All our current roster seem to click together, that has to count for something.

So while we do have an extremely overpaid player in Gomez, if he can return to 55-60pt form or even god forbid somehow exceed even those expectations... he won't be so overpaid and right then and there he'll make the deal worth it for me, cause with a Gomez on his game we can go far. Book it.

If you aren't San Jose, Vancouver, LA, places players would love to live. NYC, etc. You need to overpay, heck even those teams do overpay now and then when it comes to getting the exact player they're looking for. We get to spend to cap, we're a very lucky team in that regard. Gomez contract to us is less of a problem than it would be for a lot of other teams where he'd take up a high % of their internal cap. People make a huge deal sometimes out of small things.

Look at the bigger picture we needed a center, he was available, we got him and nobody else wanted to play here. Suddenly players did want to play here. Gomez is known to be a great guy to play with. Players seem to enjoy his company. Maybe he isn't the reason Cammy and Gio signed. Maybe he is. All I know is Kovalev was about to get a couple more year contract and Gio swooped in and took that money. I don't think that's just a coincidence. And I <3 Gio.

Point is if any team can handle Gomez and his cap hit performing at regular pace it's us. 60pt Gomez makes us a better team regardless of his cap hit and I think he's going to show us what he's made of this year. I'm calling it right now, Gomez will be the wild card this year.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

I wouldn't even trade Gomez I would pay him his salary and sit him in the press box every day. I wouldn't invite him to practices or anything, I would just pay his salary and stare at him every time I walk by and shake my head.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote