Training Camp Impressions

Old
09-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Some of you guys need to do a tad bit of research first. Kane had 39 more shots then the next closest forward on the team. The kid shoots plenty, he just needs to work on his power and accuracy.
I hope you have something special planned for that 10,000th post.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
C'Mon... Duke complains about Little hitting the post a lot but 10k?

09-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Any news on whether Koper will be signed?

As far as I understand it, he's here on a tryout, not as a prospect.
I enjoyed watching Koper at the previous 2 rookie camps. He had a great year in Spokane last season, not sure if he's THAT good or if he's just a pretty good 20 year old playing with kids. I'm not sure why he would be there on a tryout, he was the Thrashers' 7th round pick in 2009. I've missed some comings and goings of Levko's recently though, so maybe I missed it. I did recently find out that he is heading to the University of Alberta.

http://www.swxrightnow.com/story/152...oes-to-college

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:12 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
No idea. Guess i'll have to think of something. Got any suggestions?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:06 PM
3rdManIn
Put'n on the foil!

Great to hear good reports on Toby.

As a former Thrasher,i knew Peggers would be pleased.

Center ice isnt available here until the 6th.I'll finally be able to watch these guys again.

3rdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdManIn View Post
Center ice isnt available here until the 6th.I'll finally be able to watch these guys again.
The NHL Network (which Dish packages with Center Ice) is carrying two Jets exhibition games. The one on Sept. 28th vs. Carolina and the one on the 30th vs. Nashville. So, If you sign up for Center Ice now, you should be able to get those games, if you're interested.

Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
No idea. Guess i'll have to think of something. Got any suggestions?
I can't seem to think of anything.

Perhaps when I reach that mark I will have a better idea.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:45 PM
peg

vCash: 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
I fell in love with hockey as a kid running around hockey rinks. Kids are hockey! Perhaps one of those little rink rats running around is the next Johnny Toews or Darren Helm. What a geat way to spend a Saturday morning in September, heading to the ice plex to welcome our Winnipeg Jets and catch some action. Most of these kids may never see the inside of MTS centre for a Jets game.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/mul...130130733.html

Based on the WFP pictorial, Saturday was all about the kids. Well done True North

peg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 10:25 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg View Post
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/mul...130130733.html

Based on the WFP pictorial, Saturday was all about the kids. Well done True North
Seeing those photos of the kids struck home how special Saturday was. What would the future be if parents didn't instill a love for the game and the Jets in their kids? Kids are the Jets fans of the future.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 11:34 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdManIn View Post
Great to hear good reports on Toby.

As a former Thrasher,i knew Peggers would be pleased.

Nice to see that hockey fans in Georgia have adopted the Jets!

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 12:41 AM
CuriouslyStrong

How did Wellwood look? I'm wondering how quickly he's recovering from that apendectomy/when he'll start playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFuel View Post
Was at the MTS Centre Sunday. I've been doing some work inside the MTS Centre for the start of the season and had a chance to watch most of the practice.

NOTES:

- Dustin Byfuglien doesn't look that big on the ice. Which was surprising. I thought he would stand out.

- Ron Hainsey/Tobias Enstrom - Not knowing the names/#'s I thought #6 was Enstrom thinking he was a smooth skater that played the puck well. Well I was wrong. Surprising it was Ron Hainsey and he looked to be the best defensemen in all 3 practices. I was hearing all off season that he is a bit overrated and I just can't believe he doesn't produce more points. He is basically everything Oleg Tverdovsky was soppose to be for the Jets 1.0 - He is an incredible skater. And make an amazing pass for a goal. And is basically everywhere in our own end. He should be on our top pairing.

- Evander Kane. Strong skater, very, very hard working player. I can see what people are saying that he needs to shoot more. Cause it is one the first things you notice is that he never shoots.

- Chris Mason #1 goalie? Easily top goalie in all practices. In drills he was sharp.

- Andrew Ladd. Not much to say about him. He basically went throughout the entire practice just going through the motions. Didn't stand out in any way.

- Nik Antropov. He is going to be a load in the middle. Very noticing in practice and in drills he can really move well in front of the net. I see tons of tip or rebounding goals for him.

- Bryan Little. Fast and hard working. In drills his skills really came out. Fun to watch.

Also some notes around the MTS Centre. The first thing people will notice is the new floor. No more cement floor. It's like a marble plastered layering. Looks like.

The LED Ribbon says WELCOME TO THE HOME OF YOUR WINNIPEG JETS and during the game the clock will have a floating Jets logo.

I also noticed on Saturday when I was there that there are some cool Jets logos on every door at the MTS Centre. Looks classy.

Other than that. I also noticed that beer is $7.50. Not sure if it was from the old Moose pricing or that has been changed.

I also noticed that there were some men puting up some gigantic Jets Banners. Looked amazing with the lighting behind.

There is still some Moose signs in around the arena. Jets Gear store, washrooms, some advertising,etc. Hope they get rid of them soon.

CuriouslyStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:48 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

You haven't seen the best of Enstrom until you see how tough he is. He takes a lot of hits in the corners but will never shy away from any contact. And he throws his body in front of the net to help the goalie.

Hainsey is very smart and he's fun to watch. He probably had his best defensive season last year.

Bryan Little can suffer from hands of stone and a lead stick when he's in front of the goal. He misses tons of opportunities but doesn't miss getting crushed by opposition. Hopefully someone up there can help reverse the trend. He's a good guy.

Kaner and Burmistrov would be fun to watch on the same line. Lots of energy and creativity.

Stapleton might be the surprise player this season. Could be a lot like Peverley was if he gets one linemate that can protect him and one that can keep up with him.

Jimmy Slater is a great team guy. You all will really enjoy his effort. His gaffes are as trademarked as his guts...... someone tell him Atlanta says hello!

ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:58 PM
ATLbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
You haven't seen the best of Enstrom until you see how tough he is. He takes a lot of hits in the corners but will never shy away from any contact. And he throws his body in front of the net to help the goalie.

Hainsey is very smart and he's fun to watch. He probably had his best defensive season last year.

Bryan Little can suffer from hands of stone and a lead stick when he's in front of the goal. He misses tons of opportunities but doesn't miss getting crushed by opposition. Hopefully someone up there can help reverse the trend. He's a good guy.

Kaner and Burmistrov would be fun to watch on the same line. Lots of energy and creativity.

Stapleton might be the surprise player this season. Could be a lot like Peverley was if he gets one linemate that can protect him and one that can keep up with him.

Jimmy Slater is a great team guy. You all will really enjoy his effort. His gaffes are as trademarked as his guts...... someone tell him Atlanta says hello!
I agree with most of your points. Although Kane and creativity don't go well together. Atleast not yet, he showed flashes of vision and playmaking last year. But truth is, hes a power forward/ goal scorer. Creativity has not be shown, other then short flashes.

And you have never really been a Little fan so I don't really need to go down that road. Other then the fact I totally disagree. So Jets fans don't pay to much attention to these points on Little. You are thinking more of his 13 goal season. Hands of stone and no confidence all season long .Last year he got robbed a few times, we all know he would go end to end many times then hit a post. But truth is, Little makes people around him better, we don't have really many guys other then Little that can do that on forward.

ATLbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
was Aliu in camp? if so, how did he look? Im guessing by the lack of info that he wasnt at camp and/or he was terrible.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote