HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2011, 10:13 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Is it college basketball season yet?

As a born and bred UK fan, that is what I long for. When it's both hockey and college basketball season, that's good living there.

Old
09-15-2011, 07:00 PM
AEM6729

So I'm not sure where else I can find this information...hoping you guys might be able to help. I'm taking an unexpected trip up to Connecticut this weekend and REALLY want to watch the UT/Florida game on Saturday. I have no idea if I'll get it up there or not. It's scheduled to be broadcast on CBS, but the Northwestern vs. Army game is scheduled for the same time on CBS so I'm scared they'll be showing regional stuff. No PPV or anything is listed at ESPN.com.

Any hardcore Vol fans have any insight into whether or not the UT/Florida game will be easily accessible in the Northeast, or what I need to do to see it?

Old
09-16-2011, 01:54 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Is it college basketball season yet?

As a born and bred UK fan, that is what I long for. When it's both hockey and college basketball season, that's good living there.
Hockey season is good for Kentucky fans, too, since it means another scantily clad woman gets put on the team schedule.

Basketball will be interesting in Johnson City this year, as well. We've got a very interesting story in Marcus DuBose who is similar to a well-remembered player from our recent past, Kevin Tiggs. Tommy Hubbard was our leading scorer in 09-10 and he's back off a medical redshirt. Isiah Brown and Adam Sollazzo are both seniors, and we've got a couple of very promising freshmen coming in, particularly Lester Wilson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
So I'm not sure where else I can find this information...hoping you guys might be able to help. I'm taking an unexpected trip up to Connecticut this weekend and REALLY want to watch the UT/Florida game on Saturday. I have no idea if I'll get it up there or not. It's scheduled to be broadcast on CBS, but the Northwestern vs. Army game is scheduled for the same time on CBS so I'm scared they'll be showing regional stuff. No PPV or anything is listed at ESPN.com.

Any hardcore Vol fans have any insight into whether or not the UT/Florida game will be easily accessible in the Northeast, or what I need to do to see it?
I would imagine you could find an online stream of it somewhere, if you'll have Internet access at the time of the game.

I'm not a fan of UTK athletics in the slightest, but I'm actually going to try to watch the game. Football has historically been to me what Hot Pockets are to Jim Gaffigan, but last week I sat down and watched some games and was actually glad I did afterward.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 09-17-2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Proofreading three days later is fun.
Old
09-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Preds311

Quote:

You can check JustinTV. Just google it. But it may be up on CBSSports.com.

Old
09-16-2011, 03:36 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

My brother is a big UT fan and helps run a UT internet forum. I'll do my best to remember to help find you a stream. I'm sure one exists. Check Atdhe.tv tomorrow. Check ESPN3.com tomorrow, though right now they aren't listing it as on schedule. JustinTV will probably have a stream. We'll find a way for you to watch it

Old
09-17-2011, 12:29 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Hockey season is good for Kentucky fans, too, since it means another scantily clad woman gets put on the team schedule.
Oh yeah! I remember a few years ago when some friends were still in college, I'd go up to Lexington and they would have the hockey schedule hanging up just for the girls.

Old
09-17-2011, 10:05 AM
AEM6729

Good news everyone! It appears that the UT/FL game will be on CBS up here, and the Northwestern/Army game will be on the CBS Sports channel. Woohoo! Thanks for all the suggestions!

BTW, in my research I found the best site ever that details TV coverage for all sports, complete with coverage maps...it owns: http://www.the506.com/temp11.htm

Old
09-17-2011, 01:58 PM
pekkaslap

Vandy steamrolling Ole Miss at the moment. A 3-0 start for the dores?

Old
09-18-2011, 02:54 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
The Ravens are going to kill them next weekend
Quickly create a thread about how the Predators will not win the Stanley Cup. We must harness this opposite power.

Old
09-18-2011, 03:05 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Damn shame it didn't help CJ's fantasy points. Lame showing again.

Old
09-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Legionnaire11

CJ will get going, I think he'll show a little more next week and then really be back in week 4.

But that was a completely unexpected and completely awesome victory for the Titans! Makes that stinker last week a little worse though, but they have to have a lot of confidence after hitting Baltimore in the mouth like that.

Old
09-18-2011, 03:42 PM
pekkaslap

Kenny. F'in. Britt.

Old
09-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
Vandy steamrolling Ole Miss at the moment. A 3-0 start for the dores?
Yeah, and when they had Cutler they lost to MTSU.

Old
09-19-2011, 08:30 AM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood but after listening for a week to the new morning show I've determined Nashville still doesn't have a morning sports radio show (Or any show) that doesn't make me contemplate driving off a bridge.

Damn, I miss Gerry House.

Old
09-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Maybe I'm just in a bad mood but after listening for a week to the new morning show I've determined Nashville still doesn't have a morning sports radio show (Or any show) that doesn't make me contemplate driving off a bridge.

Damn, I miss Gerry House.
Yeah, it should be the first PERIOD, not quarter, for one thing. Seemed to be starting out well, but when Wade passed away it sort of changed the dynamics over there.

Old
09-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Plastered has left 104.5 the zone ... FFS, I hope the Preds new Flagship station doesn't bring him in

Old
09-19-2011, 04:37 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Plastered has left 104.5 the zone ... FFS, I hope the Preds new Flagship station doesn't bring him in
You know they will.

Old
09-19-2011, 09:07 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

So Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC... UConn, Rutgers, and Louisville all supposedly interested in the ACC... West Virginia linked to the SEC... looks like the Big East might go kablooey before the Big XII does. I wonder what Cincinnati is doing amid all of this?

Old
09-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
Quote:
So Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC... UConn, Rutgers, and Louisville all supposedly interested in the ACC... West Virginia linked to the SEC... looks like the Big East might go kablooey before the Big XII does. I wonder what Cincinnati is doing amid all of this?
Someone has to go to the Big Ten

Old
09-19-2011, 10:32 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
How in the world has he stuck around this long. I hated him when I first moved to Nashville in the early 90s. But then again, Hope Hines and Rudy Kalis (sp?) are scions of sport reporting in Nashvegas. Hopefully it's time for George to change his career path. Please stay far, far away from the Preds.

Old
09-20-2011, 05:38 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Louisville won't get in, I hope they get stuck in nowhere land.

Old
09-20-2011, 06:05 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
ESPN is saying that the remaining members of the Big XII and the Big East may merge. Pretty lame conference.

Old
09-20-2011, 07:01 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
You definitely don't want to be the team without a chair when the music stops. Louisville would have been much more attractive a few years ago when their football was very strong. I could see a rebirth of the old conference USA with Cincy, Louisville and Memphis as the centerpieces

Old
09-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
How in the world has he stuck around this long. I hated him when I first moved to Nashville in the early 90s. But then again, Hope Hines and Rudy Kalis (sp?) are scions of sport reporting in Nashvegas. Hopefully it's time for George to change his career path. Please stay far, far away from the Preds.
Right, a Preds season ticket holder from day one, who probably did more than anyone else to organize the rally and ticket drive during the summer of the sale... the irrational Plaster hate from Preds fans is amusing.

More people in Nashville care about the Titans, Vols and Vandy than the Preds. Baseball and NASCAR could be argued for/against vs the Preds. So the stations/personalities talk about what the people want to hear. When the Preds were on 104.5, the station had more hockey programming, obviously the ratings didn't support it or they would have re-upped with the Preds.

Old
09-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
You definitely don't want to be the team without a chair when the music stops. Louisville would have been much more attractive a few years ago when their football was very strong. I could see a rebirth of the old conference USA with Cincy, Louisville and Memphis as the centerpieces
3HL yesterday was talking about once the 4 super-conferences are settled, they will leave the NCAA (in an effort to create a playoff system). I'm not sure about that, maybe just in football because in basketball it would destroy the March Madness tournament. Either way if they leave the NCAA, it's a bad day for the schools that get left behind in the MAC, Sun Belt, Mtn West, etc... it would be like division II again.

Closed Thread