HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rangers Looking for Defencemen.

Old
09-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Can we just have Boyle?
Boyle for Fistric? No, Boyle is an intergral part of the Rangers' lineup, Fistric was a healthy scratch at times last year. (And I understand that Crawford prefered Woywitka, despite his terrible play, but it still dimishes his value in the eyes of NHL general managers).

Or were you joking because of my usernam? EDIT - Yes, you were.

09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Boyle for Fistric? No, Boyle is an intergral part of the Rangers' lineup, Fistric was a healthy scratch at times last year. (And I understand that Crawford was privvy to Woywitka, despite his terrible play, but it still dimishes his value in the eyes of NHL general managers).

Or were you joking because of my usernam?
I wasn't joking... Woywitka is terrible and I really fail to understand why Crawford didn't play Fistric more. Fistric is a physical bottom pair guy. Boyle is still only a bottom 6er.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:35 PM
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm
so hot right now

vCash: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Bouwmeester for Dubinsky?
Yeah, as soon as you send over Bourque for Redden.

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post

As for Buffalo, they have
-Christian Ehrhoff
-Tyler Myers
-Jordan Leopold
-Robyn Regehr
-Andrej Sekera
-Mike Weber
-Shaone Morrisonn
-Marc-Andre Gragnani

There's also lots of speculation that Sean Avery and Erik Christensen are on their way out of NYC, either to the minors or elsewhere. I wonder if a deal around Erik Christensen to Buffalo could work. I know Jochen Hecht is likely being moved to center with the Sabres, but that still leaves them a little thin at center.

Thoughts?
The only veteran D Buffalo has available for a move is Morrisonn. I don't know that there'd be any interest in Christensen though... sure it's a little thin down the middle atm, and we don't know how Leino will be in that position, but we've also got Adam knocking at the door, who I think is gonna be up with the big club pretty early on. Unless someone goes down hard and early, I see no spot that Christensen can take to improve on. I'd say maybe something could be worked out for Sekera, but it'd probably require a little overpayment at this stage.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
I wasn't joking... Woywitka is terrible and I really fail to understand why Crawford didn't play Fistric more. Fistric is a physical bottom pair guy. Boyle is still only a bottom 6er.
Boyle scored 21 goals last season, and the organization thinks very highly of him; given the depth at defense, Fistric is more of luxury than a need. Unless the Stars were making the Rangers a better team in the trade, the Rangers wouldn't move Boyle. He's a big part of the Rangers two-way forward game.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
A bottom sixer who scored 20 goals. Whether it was a career year or not, he has high value for a bottom 6 player.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanSince86 View Post
Gunnarsson
Komisarek
Lashoff
What would Toronto want for Gunnarsson? I'm a fan of his.

Who I'd really want is Greg Zanon. Doubt Minny moves him now, with the state of their D.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:36 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Kuba (will play a lot better on a better team, and is due to rebound, contract year) for a mid pick or mid forward prospect?

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:37 PM
MeoTwist

Komisarek for Richards, straight up.

MeoTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:37 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Send a message via AIM to ECL
I think this is just a motivational tool to push the kids. Nothing more. I don't think they will move anything of value to get a D-man.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:39 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Hockey Break Twitter:

Quote:
The New York Rangers are interested in Toronto Maple Leafs D, Carl Gunnarsson.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Freaky Styley

What happened to Staal? And what type of D are you looking for? Wilson or Cumiskey would be the most likely candidates and would come cheap, Gaunce as well for the right price.

As for Siemens, all reports point to him being very raw and needing more time.

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
glassjaw*

Morrisonn for futures.

glassjaw* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Boyle scored 21 goals last season, and the organization thinks very highly of him; given the depth at defense, Fistric is more of luxury than a need. Unless the Stars were making the Rangers a better team in the trade, the Rangers wouldn't move Boyle. He's a big part of the Rangers two-way forward game.
Oh, and didn't NYR just extend him... well never mind about Boyle then. Got anything else that isn't Erik Christensen and a token pick?

How about something involving Kundratek?

Old
09-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
What happened to Staal? And what type of D are you looking for? Wilson or Cumiskey would be the most likely candidates and would come cheap, Gaunce as well for the right price.
He's suffering from mild post concussion syndromes. It doesn't appear to be too serious based on what I have read thus far, he passes his baseline test, and he sai he feels "normal", but you always have to be precaucious when it comes to concussion.

Personally, I love Wilson. Watching Avs games, he was very solid with I believe it was Johnson at the end of the season.

Quote:
Oh, and didn't NYR just extend him... well never mind about Boyle then. Got anything else that isn't Erik Christensen and a token pick?

I'd move Kundratek rather easily, given the depth at D. He'd have to beat McIlrath, Erixon, Del Zotto, and Valentenko, which won't happen, IMO. I do like him, though, he's a solid all-around hockey player.

Old
09-19-2011, 04:42 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:

I am not high on Kundratek so I wouldn't mind moving him.

Most on here are high on him, though, and wouldn't really want to.

I don't think he has much value so I don't see the REASON to move him from our end if the team likes him, but he's no dealbreaker or anything.

Old
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
Morrisonn for futures.
Sold! With that said, Morrisonn is still a solid top-6 defender in this league. He's still in his prime years, and despite a rough transition last year in a new city (plus a couple injuries), I see him being a help to any team looking for veteran depth. Unfortunately, Buffalo acquired two clear top-4 defensemen this offseason, which pushed Shaone off the roster.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

I don't get it. Rangers D is pretty good. Either sign Campoli or be happy with a solid young core.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Fistric and Petersen for Kundratek and EC?

Petersen doesn't really have a place any more and meh it's just EC.

Old
09-19-2011, 04:49 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Vet D-Man, preferably with some lengthy playoff experience

edit: also preferable is one not on a long term deal

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I don't get it. Rangers D is pretty good. Either sign Campoli or be happy with a solid young core.
It's good, but, to me, there are two issues:

1. A major lack of experience
2. No legitimate NHL level puck mover

The oldest defenseman on the roster, right now, it Eminger at 27. The team isn't going to make a run with that little experience, especially at the position most integral to winning playoff games.

Quote:
Fistric and Petersen for Kundratek and EC?

Petersen doesn't really have a place any more and meh it's just EC.
Done.

Old
09-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Personally, I'd do a 2nd and a prospect...but there's no motivation for Montreal to do that.

It'd probably be with a team looking to get younger. Maybe a trade with Phoenix or LA (although I know LA is not specifically looking to get younger). I'd love to get Martinez out of LA, big fan of his.

I'd be interested. What would the Stars be looking for? I'd do Christensen and a 3rd, don't think DAL would, however.
I don't know if the Rangers would deal anything that would entice the Kings to deal Martinez.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I don't know if the Rangers would deal anything that would entice the Kings to deal Martinez.
Personally, I'd move one of the bigger prospects for Martinez...even a McIlrath/Thomas, to be completely honest. I really, really like his game. Very impressed.

But, yeah, don't see why LA would do that, they're trying to win now. More of a pipe dream that anything, really.

Old
09-19-2011, 04:55 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
As I mentioned, I don't think the Rangers are looking for a vet D-man for any other reason than pushing their kids. They want someone there showing the kids that a spot is not guaranteed.

Old
09-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Vitto79

for the record this same rumor happened last yr............Bouillon and every other vet 6th Damn when they said they needed more vets

what happened? Sauer and McDonaugh broke out and had a great yr..........so they are not going to get another Dman. They are going to let Del Zott and Erixon win a spot

Staal will be just fine they are doing the right thing easing him back in since he had headaches in the off season due to a concussion. He passed all his tests, he will be fine , chilax

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote