HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Big List of Doughty Trades (from a delusional Kings fan)

Old
09-18-2011, 10:24 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

vCash: 500
Buffalo happily keeps Myers. 7 year extension for a ridiculously low cap hit considering what he brings to the table.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywally23 View Post
I second that, Lucic is out Top line LW, with 30 goals 32 assist last season, no way I want to trade him
You guys are nuts. Lucic and Hamilton for Doughty? As the Bruins GM I'd do the trade in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Brave Sir Robin: 09-18-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:38 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Chara at his best is better than Doughty at his best and completely changes the game for his team.

Of course, he's only going to be able to do that for a short amount of time compared to Doughty's long and bright future.
I dont know about that.

I dont think so.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Tomas W

Zeta for Doughty is painful but fair. No pain no gain. DRW do need a replacement to both Rafalski (already retired) and Lidström (who nows when he actually retires, but of course it will not be suprise if he quit after this season).

However it's really not the DRW way to part with key players, but who knows.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I dont know about that.

I dont think so.
I've seen one of them take multiple mediocre d partners and make them look like top pairing guys. It wasn't Doughty. I've seen one of them shutdown elite offensive players in the playoffs It wasn't Doughty. I've seen on of them intimidate the other team with his physical presence. It wasn't Doughty.

When Doughty carries a d corps of 5 other guys on his back and wins a Cup you let me know.

Doughty is an awesome player who may end up with multiple Norris Trophies. But right now he isn't as good as Chara.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
You guys are nuts. Lucic and Hamilton for Doughty? As the Bruins GM I'd do the trade in a heartbeat.
I'm not here to debate you, just wanted to say to your username.

Bizarro Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
hextall86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhennig16 View Post

Turris
Yandle
1st round pick 2012

Doughty
Very good offer !!

hextall86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONOHA View Post
I love how there's a sensible trade for almost every team except for Toronto. Trolling level 100.
Toronto was horrible... Jets was pretty bad to.

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

HAHAHAAHH that philly trade is a lol. Trade for 2 of the kids they got rid of.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 09:12 AM
The Hockey Life
HF Boards Partner

Love how the leafs are the only team getting made fun of in this haha

The Hockey Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 09:17 AM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
as of know he is. but the harsh reality is that malkin hasnt recovered from the knee surgery and there are no guarantees that he ever will. so you guys can keep the malkin and kings would be more than happy to keep doughty
I do not recall seeing a single Pens fan offering you Malkin for Doughty.

laufer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Paradingwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I also said the Kings don't want any part of it. The closest we can get to fair value for Doughty is Schenn and Kessel, but I personally don't want Kessel on the Kings. Just ask Jack Johnson how he feels about Kessel as a person.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3662074
The fact you'd want Kessel over Kulemin discredits any attempt you make to value a Maple Leaf. Most of your post was pretty good, but typical Leaf trolling had to be added I guess. What would HF boards be without it?

Also who cares what Jack Johnson thinks? If you asked Kessel I'm sure he's not a fan of Johnson but wouldn't say something like that to the media because he's not a giant ******. Johnson's flying elbow in the WJC makes him calling anyone a dirtbag laughable.

Last edited by Paradingwolves: 09-19-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Paradingwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:25 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsgotTigerBlood View Post
HAHAHAAHH that philly trade is a lol. Trade for 2 of the kids they got rid of.

It comes down to Mike Richards for Doughty and personally, I think that's probably pretty close. This is the type of deal that we should have donw INSTEAD of making the Pronger deal. Right now there is no way we add in another top end dman especially at the expense of our offense considering we just traded away 2 of our top forwards and guys that were pencilled in as franchise players for us.

Oh, and personally, I think that Holmgren was FORCED to trade those 2 by our owner. Homer was visably upset at the press conference when he talked about the 2 trades.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Barresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
The Bruins already have solid defense, and a future great defenseman in Hamilton. Why would they trade their top goal scorer, fan-favorite, and more-or-less definition of a Bruin for Doughty? Lucic is just too valuable to the team, even if it was for someone like Doughty.

That said, I hope he stays in LA. The Kings are my second team, and I really want them to do well.

Barresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:00 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves View Post
The fact you'd want Kessel over Kulemin discredits any attempt you make to value a Maple Leaf. Most of your post was pretty good, but typical Leaf trolling had to be added I guess. What would HF boards be without it?

Also who cares what Jack Johnson thinks? If you asked Kessel I'm sure he's not a fan of Johnson but wouldn't say something like that to the media because he's not a giant ******. Johnson's flying elbow in the WJC makes him calling anyone a dirtbag laughable.
So the younger, more talented player is somehow a bad thing? Are you sure you're not trolling? The first Leafs trade was quoted from an obvious Leafs troll (that posted that thread about 10 minutes before I made mine). I then followed it up with a reasonable trade proposal for Doughty, but gave reasons why the Kings would not be inclined to do that trade. You can argue the validity of my reasons, but they are my reasons nevertheless. For the record, I care what Jack Johnson thinks. He is a valuable member of the Kings organization, and surely Kings brass care as well.

And to be honest, I find your post laughable as well. Kulemin may work the hardest on the Leafs, but he does not have the most skill. Kings' most pressing need is a bonafide sniper.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Paradingwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
So the younger, more talented player is somehow a bad thing? Are you sure you're not trolling? The first Leafs trade was quoted from an obvious Leafs troll (that posted that thread about 10 minutes before I made mine). I then followed it up with a reasonable trade proposal for Doughty, but gave reasons why the Kings would not be inclined to do that trade. You can argue the validity of my reasons, but they are my reasons nevertheless. For the record, I care what Jack Johnson thinks. He is a valuable member of the Kings organization, and surely Kings brass care as well.

And to be honest, I find your post laughable as well. Kulemin may work the hardest on the Leafs, but he does not have the most skill. Kings' most pressing need is a bonafide sniper.
Ask most Leaf fans and they'd gladly give you Kessel before Kulemin. He's progressed every year and is our best two way forward. I have watched every Leafs game for years and Kulemin scored 30 with a shoot first centre and was a plus player. Is a beast to get off the puck and can take it off players with ease. Kessel has a better release, but Kulemins shot is harder and more accurate, Kessel's not the faster skater, quicker maybe but all out speed Kulemin is faster. laugh all you want but Kulemin > Kessel. Hard work and Talent trumps talent alone.

Paradingwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Ask most Leaf fans and they'd gladly give you Kessel before Kulemin. He's progressed every year and is our best two way forward. I have watched every Leafs game for years and Kulemin scored 30 with a shoot first centre and was a plus player. Is a beast to get off the puck and can take it off players with ease. Kessel has a better release, but Kulemins shot is harder and more accurate, Kessel's not the faster skater, quicker maybe but all out speed Kulemin is faster. laugh all you want but Kulemin > Kessel. Hard work and Talent trumps talent alone.
Great analysis. Although I think Krejci has proven more and is better to date, I think people need to understand that Kulemin is Toronto's Krejci in the sense that he is underrated outside of his home town, works in all ends of the ice and has quietly developed in the home town as a favorite for his consistency.

I really think this is his year to pass Kessel as the top forward on Toronto in the eyes of the rest of the NHL. M favorite Leaf.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

ye id much rather Kulemin over Kessel since Murrays system relies on everybody playing defence

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
as of know he is. but the harsh reality is that malkin hasnt recovered from the knee surgery and there are no guarantees that he ever will. so you guys can keep the malkin and kings would be more than happy to keep doughty
Um.. ya, OK.

On keeping, Malkin. "Undoubtedly..." we will, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer72 View Post
I do not recall seeing a single Pens fan offering you Malkin for Doughty.
Yep.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Tyler Myers

if we can get doughty signed long term at 7.0 million flat. i would actually pull the trigger

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 05:22 PM
barneyg

Quote:
The comment above made me go to the Leafs board and ask this very question. Based on the poll I made, either you're wrong, or the majority of Leaf fans can't value their own players.

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 05:59 PM
avery16*

marc staal, for drew doughty

avery16* is offline   Reply With Quote