HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey glove too loose

Old
09-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Hockey glove too loose

I ordered a pair of hockey gloves (Warrior Koncept 14') and they were too loose. My middle and index fingers always seem to slip back a bit, and as a result I'm getting blisters.

Ideally, I'd like to return my gloves back to the store, but I'm in China right now, and shipping is expensive and probably not worth it in the end. Is there any way to deal with this? Or should I just cut my losses and get another pair?

EDIT:

Also, does everyone here wear their skate guards around? Even on the rubber flooring? I got the cloth one and I'm not too sure if I can work around with that one.

Last edited by Wilch: 09-19-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 05:48 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
I ordered a pair of hockey gloves (Warrior Koncept 14') and they were too loose. My middle and index fingers always seem to slip back a bit, and as a result I'm getting blisters.

Ideally, I'd like to return my gloves back to the store, but I'm in China right now, and shipping is expensive and probably not worth it in the end. Is there any way to deal with this? Or should I just cut my losses and get another pair?

EDIT:

Also, does everyone here wear their skate guards around? Even on the rubber flooring? I got the cloth one and I'm not too sure if I can work around with that one.
Cut losses. You could risk losing them in the mail on top of overpaying for shipping.

no guards.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Actually, I just found out a way to fix it. I think the wrist area is too loose, that's why my fingers keep slipping back. I strapped on a shin strap on the wrist of each glove and found that it kept things in place. Phew, that saved me some serious cash

Old
09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
AIREAYE

Did you ever try using 13" gloves Wilch?

RE the guards; ideally yeah they should be on if you're off the ice.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Did you ever try using 13" gloves Wilch?

RE the guards; ideally yeah they should be on if you're off the ice.
I haven't, the LHS here don't offer many senior stuff so I really had to guess what my size is when ordering online. This shin-strap on glove is really a temporary fix, I'm looking to visit the LHS when I get back to Vancouver in a few months.

And ok, I'll keep that in mind and try and wear my guards next time. Thanks!

Old
09-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Stickmata

No guards on the rubber flooring.

And as far as gloves go, my experience trying on literally hundreds of gloves is that they all fit differently, so you need to try them on in the store if at all possible. Not just by brand, but by actual glove. I have two pairs of Easton 14" gloves, the S11 and the S17, and they both fit differently and they both broke in differently. The S11 fits me great, the S17 doesn't.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:45 PM
AIREAYE

It could be the differences in padding that cause you to notice a difference in fit between the S11 and S17; seeing as they are both anatomically fitted gloves.

Which generation of the S11 did you try on (ie. was there an S11 logo on the knuckles)? The older Easton Stealth gloves from 2007 and back had a more traditional boxy fit whereas anything after that evolved into the anatomical fit you see nowadays.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Stickmata

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
It could be the differences in padding that cause you to notice a difference in fit between the S11 and S17; seeing as they are both anatomically fitted gloves.

Which generation of the S11 did you try on (ie. was there an S11 logo on the knuckles)? The older Easton Stealth gloves from 2007 and back had a more traditional boxy fit whereas anything after that evolved into the anatomical fit you see nowadays.
The S17s were the last year they made them, which I think was a 2010 model and the S11's were either the 2010 or 2011 model. I bought them both a little over a year ago. The S17s started out as the most comfortable glove I've ever worn, but they quickly stretched out and got loose, to the point that if I got hit hard with a hand off my stick the glove would literally fly off. Tried the S11's. They stayed very tight. Downside is that the palm on my left glove is totally worn through on three of the fingers in a year and I'm looking for new gloves. And I dry them out after every skate. They were cheap though.

I've gone into a local store recently and tried on the S11 and the S19 back to back and they fit differently. Not a huge difference, but they're not the same. The S11 is definately a tighter glove, particularly in the thumb.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post

EDIT:

Yeah, the cloth ones are not for walking around in.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:57 PM
bigbadbruins1

the glove issue is most likely a matter of personal preference. I wear 13" but based on the measurements I should wear a 15". also, the style of the glove plays a huge part. I wear Warrior Koncept gloves and they fit a lot tighter than the Warrior franchise model.
If you buy online a lot, I highly reccomend stopping at a local hockey store and finding your fit/ size before ordering anything.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Would've loved to do that, but like I said, I'm in China. No such thing as LHS here

Well, there is, but they sell the Made in China brands, which presumably fits differently from the US/Euro brands. Not like they'll have the right size for me anyway.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:41 AM
jorbjorb
BROWN TOWN

i'm 5'7 height. i use s11 13" used to use 14" and they were always a "loose fit" i liked that it covered more of my forearm area. Switching to 13" was great as the fit was better giving me better control with my stickhandling. cheers

jorbjorb is offline   Reply With Quote