HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 2*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2011, 12:36 PM
  #1
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,123
vCash: 500
Awards:
2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 2*


**LAST UPDATED: SUNDAY 10/23/2011 @ 10:00 PM EST**
$ DENOTES PLAYER HAS SIGNED ENTRY LEVEL CONTRACT
DENOTES PLAYER CURRENTLY INJURED



JUNIOR PROSPECTS -- BCHL, LHJMQ, OHL, WHL
PlayerPos.DOBH/WGames GoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIMTeam/LeagueDraftedHF
Čerešňák, PeterRD1/26/19936'4"/20312145E6Peterborough Petes/OHLRd. 6 #172 NYR (2011)6.0 D
Fogarty, StevenC4/19/19936'3"/200135712E10Penticton Vees/BCHLRd. 3 #72 NYR (2011)7.0 D
McColgan, ShaneRW1/1/19935'9"/1701131114-611Kelowna Rockets/WHLRd. 5 #134 NYR (2011)6.0 C
McIlrath, Dylan $RD4/20/19926'5"/2158123-118Moose Jaw Warriors/WHLRd. 1 #10 NYR (2010)7.0 C
Miller, J.T. $C3/14/19936'2"/195126814+312Plymouth Whalers/OHLRd. 1 #15 NYR (2011)7.5 C
Noreau, SamuelRD1/31/19936'5"/2259066+711Baie-Comeau Drakkar/LHJMQRd. 5 #136 NYR (2011)6.5 D
St. Croix, MichaelC4/10/19935'11"/181134812+112Edmonton Oil Kings/WHLRd. 4 #106 NYR (2011)6.5 C
Thomas, Christian $RW5/26/19925'9"/170135510-86Oshawa Generals/OHLRd. 2 #40 NYR (2010)8.0 D
Yogan, AndrewC12/4/19916'3"/20011437E27Peterborough Petes/OHLRd. 4 #100 NYR (2010)7.0 C
PlayerPos.DOBH/WGamesWinsLossesOTLGAASV%SOTeam/LeagueDraftedHF
Stajcer, Scott $G6/14/19916'3"/19641212.94.9010Owen Sound Attack/OHLRd. 5 #140 NYR (2009)6.0 C


COLLEGE PROSPECTS -- CIS, NCAA
PlayerPos.DOBH/WYr.GamesGoals AssistsPoints+/-PIMTeam/LeagueDraftedHF
Hobbs, DanielC2/22/19896'0"/196Sr.3325+14Massachusetts Minutemen/HERd. 7 #198 NYR (2007)6.0 C
Kreider, ChrisLW4/30/19916'3"/225Jr.6448+518Boston College Eagles/HERd. 1 #19 NYR (2009)8.0 C
McNaught, RandyRW9/5/19906'4"/227Fr.2000-10University of Calgary Dinos/CWRd. 7 #190 NYR (2010)5.5 C


INTERNATIONAL PROSPECTS -- ELH, KHL, SEL, SZLH
PlayerPos.DOBH/WGamesGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIMTeam/LeagueDraftedHF
Bahenský, ZdeněkRW1/3/19866'2"/20015314-110BK Mladá Boleslav/ELHRd. 3 #73 NYR (2004)4.5 C
Fasth, JesperRW12/2/19916'0"/1761341014+54HV71 Jönköping/SELRd. 6 #157 NYR (2010)7.0 C
Květoň, DavidRW1/3/19885'11"/1851451015+66HC Oceláři Třinec/ELHRd. 4 #104 NYR (2006)6.5 D
Lindberg, OscarC10/29/19916'0"/18913123-24Skellefteĺ AIK/SELRd. 2 #57 PHX (2010)6.5 B
Pashnin, MikhailLD5/11/19896'0"/18516101+112HC CSKA Moscow/KHLRd. 7 #200 NYR (2009)6.5 D
Pšurný, RomanLW2/23/19866'1"/1811421338HC České Budějovice/ELHRd. 5 #135 NYR (2004)5.5 F
Zeliska, LukášLW1/8/19885'11"/18115224-88MHC Mountfield Martin/SZLHRd. 7 #204 NYR (2006)6.5 F


2011 TRAVERSE CITY TOURNAMENT/DEVELOPMENT CAMP/TRAINING CAMP INVITEES
PLAYERS HAVE NO NHL CONTRACT
PlayerPos.DOBH/WGamesGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIMTeam/LeagueDrafted
Bowman, CollinRD6/13/19916'2"/2017415+16Moose Jaw Warriors/WHLUndrafted
Estoclet, AdamC3/24/19896'1"/1903000-12Grand Rapids Griffins/AHLUndrafted
Flanigan, RyanLW6/12/19886'0"/1764325+34Merrimack Warriors/NCAAUndrafted
Foster, T.J.RW5/28/19925'11"/173136915E8Edmonton Oil Kings/WHLUndrafted
Fyten, AustinLW5/3/19916'2"/200      Lethbridge Hurricanes/WHLUndrafted
Hanson, GregerLW2/17/19885'10/183      Södertälje SK/HAUndrafted
Hickmott, JordanC4/11/19906'1"/1836123+10Alberta Golden Bears/CISUndrafted
Jordan, TaylerLW2/8/19906'6"/196       Undrafted
Kamensky, ViktorRW1/13/19896'0"/176      Brunflo IK/SD2Undrafted
Lukovic, AleksaLD2/6/19926'4"/2059011-516Jamestown Ironmen/NAHLUndrafted
MacDougall, TaylorC4/25/19906'4"/2254134+20New Brunswick Varsity Reds/CISUndrafted
Maloney Jr., DonnyLW2/1/19886'1"/185       Undrafted
Rust, MattC3/23/19895'9"/1941000-10Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins/AHLRd. 4 #101 FLA (2007)
Silard, AndrewLW2/17/19936'2"/195      Kent School/NEPSACUndrafted
Sustr, AndrejLD11/29/19906'8"/2006202+46Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks/NCAAUndrafted
Zaitsev, NikitaRD10/29/19916'1"/18715000+24HC Sibir Novosibirsk/KHLUndrafted
PlayerPos.DOBH/WGamesWinsLossesOTLGAASV%SOTeam/LeagueDrafted
Coreau, JaredG11/5/19916'5"/20031112.62.9040Northern Michigan Wildcats/NCAAUndrafted
Yezhov, IlyaG1/12/19876'2"/178104141.99.9290SKA St. Petersburg/KHLUndrafted


―――――――――――――――――――

INJURY REPORT
PlayerInjuryInjury DateExpected Duration
Fyten, AustinKnee surgery9/8/20113-6 months
    
    



Previous Rangers Prospects Threads:
Rangers Prospects Thread 2010-2011 *Part 1*: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=935867

Rangers Prospects Thread 2010-2011 *Part 1*: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=820268
Rangers Prospects Thread 2010-2011 *Part 2*: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=842566
Rangers Prospects Thread 2010-2011 *Part 3*: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=859334
Rangers Prospects Thread 2010-2011 *Part 4*: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=878901
Rangers Prospects Thread 2010-2011 *Part 5*: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=900837


Rangers Prospects Information:
HF Rangers Blog: http://hfrangersblog.com/
HF Rangers Prospect Rankings: http://hockeysfuture.com/teams/new_york_rangers
HockeyDB--The Internet Hockey Database: http://hockeydb.com
HockeyDB New York Rangers Draft History: http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007089.html
HockeyDB Search Extension for Firefox: http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-eng...?name=hockeydb
Hockey-Reference.com: http://hockey-reference.com/
NYR.com Prospect Central: http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=73627
The Prospect Park: http://theprospectpark.blogspot.com/


League Links:
British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL): http://bchl.ca/
Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS): http://english.cis-sic.ca/sports/mice/index
Central Hockey League (CHL): http://centralhockeyleague.com
East Coast Hockey League (ECHL): http://echl.com
Eastern Junior Hockey League (EJHL): http://easternjunior.pointstreaksite...nior/home-page
Elitserien (SEL): http://hockeyligan.se/
HockeyAllsvenskan (HA): http://hockeyallsvenskan.se/
International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF): http://iihf.com/
Kontinental Hockey League (KHL): http://en.khl.ru
Ligue de Hockey Junior Majeur du Québec (LHJMQ): http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/
NCAA Hockey (NCAA): http://uscho.com
NE Prep School Athletic Council (NEPSAC): http://nepsac.org/
North American Hockey League (NAHL): http://nahl.com/
Ontario Hockey League (OHL): http://ontariohockeyleague.com
Slohokej Liga (SHL): http://slohokej.net/
Swiss Regio League (SRL): http://regioleague.swiss-icehockey.ch/
Slovnaft Extraliga (SZLH): http://szlh.sk/
Tipsport Extraliga (ELH): http://hokej.cz
United States Hockey League (USHL): http://ushl.com
Vysshaya Hokkeinaya Liga (VHL): http://vhlru.ru/
Western Hockey League (WHL): http://whl.ca

__________________

It's just pain.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 10-18-2011 at 08:59 AM.
nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
09-19-2011, 09:33 PM
  #2
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,123
vCash: 500
Awards:
Part 2 is up.

nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
09-19-2011, 09:44 PM
  #3
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,221
vCash: 500
Nicely done, sir! (As always.) Very much appreciated.

Fasth with a goal already - and good to see that Lindberg has played. Guess he's recovered from the preseason injury.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 10:06 PM
  #4
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,123
vCash: 500
Awards:
My pleasure!

I'm really pissed that the BCHL provides such ****** coverage of these exhibition games. Hell, they don't even have a roster for any of the teams. Well, they have like six guys listed. No Fogarty though, and even if he was, still no stats.

EDIT: And of course as I say that, they finally put up his player page. I literally looked 3 hours ago.

nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
09-19-2011, 10:58 PM
  #5
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
My pleasure!

I'm really pissed that the BCHL provides such ****** coverage of these exhibition games. Hell, they don't even have a roster for any of the teams. Well, they have like six guys listed. No Fogarty though, and even if he was, still no stats.

EDIT: And of course as I say that, they finally put up his player page. I literally looked 3 hours ago.
So, at what level is the BCHL relative to the rest of juniors? Should we be worried if he's not getting 2ppg? 1.5ppg?

Also, what's the deal with Americans going there rather than the CHL? Do they not get paid and therefore preserve their eligibility?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
09-19-2011, 11:16 PM
  #6
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,123
vCash: 500
Awards:
BCHL is considered Junior A hockey. The leagues of the CHL--being the WHL, OHL and QMJHL--are known as Major Junior.

Travis Zajac did two years in the BCHL. His second year, which at 18-19 years will be in line with this year for Fogarty, he had 119 points in 59 games. 1.5 points per game or more is what we want to see from Fogarty, IMO.

Junior A is not considered professional by the NCAA, so players can maintain their eligibility if they play there. Fogarty will play at Notre Dame for the 12-13 season, so the CHL wasn't an option--as the NCAA considers that a professional league.

nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
09-20-2011, 03:25 AM
  #7
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,466
vCash: 500
The BCHL is a very good league. In some respects it's a college feeder league--especially to the CCHA and the WCHA. For a player who intends to take that route it's an excellent option. It also feeds the WHL. Some players who are on the fence between College or Junior hockey also use it as an option.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
09-20-2011, 03:55 AM
  #8
SomE
Registered User
 
SomE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 500
Fogarty's Penticton Vees will face my hometown team on Dec 10th. I will be sure to attend the game and give you guys a full report on him.

SomE is offline  
Old
09-20-2011, 05:12 AM
  #9
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 500
Only a minor thing, but I think you mixed up day and month in Fasth' birthday, if I'm reading it right. You probably got confused with the Eurpean date format (day.month.year vs. month/day/year in the US). With this birthday he would've been an overager when drafted.

jniklast is offline  
Old
09-20-2011, 06:50 AM
  #10
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,595
vCash: 500
What does signing an entry level contract (ELC) mean for the Rangers? i.e. Thomas signed one and he's still in juniors.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
09-20-2011, 06:54 AM
  #11
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
What does signing an entry level contract (ELC) mean for the Rangers? i.e. Thomas signed one and he's still in juniors.
It means that if the Rangers wanted, they could call him up to play for the club at any time.

You can't have one and play in the NCAA, and years slide when you are still in juniors so that players do not become a group 3 at age 25 all the time.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
09-20-2011, 06:56 AM
  #12
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
It means that if the Rangers wanted, they could call him up to play for the club at any time.

You can't have one and play in the NCAA, and years slide when you are still in juniors so that players do not become a group 3 at age 25 all the time.
Why can't you play in the NCAA if you sign an ELC? And what do you mean by "years slide"?

Jabroni is offline  
Old
09-20-2011, 07:37 AM
  #13
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
Why can't you play in the NCAA if you sign an ELC? And what do you mean by "years slide"?
Once you sign a professional contract, in this case an ELC, the NCAA no longer considers you an amateur, and you become ineligible to play under their rules.

If you sign an ELC and play in a junior league (WHL, OHL, QMJHL,...), your ELC will slide from year to year if you play less than 10 games with your NHL club. This means, for someone like Thomas or McIlrath who has already signed their ELC, that they can go back to juniors if needed and it won't burn a year off their ELC. Thomas and McIlrath can play up to 9 games with the Rangers this season without a year being counted on their ELC. They will still have 3 years on their ELC after this season, since it is very highly unlikely that they make the team out of camp or play more than 9 games in the NHL.

Revelation is offline  
Old
09-20-2011, 07:53 AM
  #14
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,123
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Only a minor thing, but I think you mixed up day and month in Fasth' birthday, if I'm reading it right. You probably got confused with the Eurpean date format (day.month.year vs. month/day/year in the US). With this birthday he would've been an overager when drafted.
Thanks. Fixed. Any others errors, please let me know.

nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
  #15
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Once you sign a professional contract, in this case an ELC, the NCAA no longer considers you an amateur, and you become ineligible to play under their rules.

If you sign an ELC and play in a junior league (WHL, OHL, QMJHL,...), your ELC will slide from year to year if you play less than 10 games with your NHL club. This means, for someone like Thomas or McIlrath who has already signed their ELC, that they can go back to juniors if needed and it won't burn a year off their ELC. Thomas and McIlrath can play up to 9 games with the Rangers this season without a year being counted on their ELC. They will still have 3 years on their ELC after this season, since it is very highly unlikely that they make the team out of camp or play more than 9 games in the NHL.
Thanks a lot.

Also, what does nyr2k2 mean when he says they can become a group III at age 25?

Jabroni is offline  
Old
09-20-2011, 10:44 PM
  #16
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
Thanks a lot.

Also, what does nyr2k2 mean when he says they can become a group III at age 25?
If you make the NHl and start burning contract years at age 18, you are eligible to become an unrestricted free agent earlier.

Bouwmeester is an example of this.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
09-21-2011, 05:23 AM
  #17
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
Thanks a lot.

Also, what does nyr2k2 mean when he says they can become a group III at age 25?
Group III is unrestricted free agency. Players reach Group III status at age 27, or after playing in the NHL for 7 years. The player must play 10 or more games in the NHL for it to count as a year toward Group III status.

A player can also become Group III if they don't play a certain number of NHL games by a certain age. Off the top of my head, I can't remember the exact numbers.

All of this information is in the CBA. Just do a search for NHL CBA and you can pull up the PDF file.

GAGLine is online now  
Old
09-21-2011, 06:02 AM
  #18
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Group III is unrestricted free agency. Players reach Group III status at age 27, or after playing in the NHL for 7 years. The player must play 10 or more games in the NHL for it to count as a year toward Group III status.

A player can also become Group III if they don't play a certain number of NHL games by a certain age. Off the top of my head, I can't remember the exact numbers.

All of this information is in the CBA. Just do a search for NHL CBA and you can pull up the PDF file.
Thanks. I have the PDF but never read it because it is long.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
09-22-2011, 01:00 PM
  #19
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 500
Anyone know what happened with McNaught? Would have thought he would have been at camp over Tayler Jordan.

Thought he showed decent skills for a 4th line enforcer. Is he hurt?

Dagoon, anyone?

E-Train is online now  
Old
09-22-2011, 01:04 PM
  #20
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,368
vCash: 500
He was singed to an AHL contract they must feel he needs AT LEAST a year in the AHL before he is brought into the NHL camp. Sometimes its better to not let the player get too overwhelmed.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
09-22-2011, 01:04 PM
  #21
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,123
vCash: 500
Awards:
McNaught made some comments a month or two ago, about being grateful the Rangers are giving him the opportunity to start his pro career, that made it sound as if he had been given an AHL contract. That hasn't been officially reported anywhere though.

nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
  #22
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
3 points so far by Jesper Fasth. Really excited about him this season. Game is 4-1 in the 3rd period and you can follow it here; http://hockeyligan.se/elitserien-arena/37722/

Also 1 point by Oscar Lindberg in his second game back.

Jim Morrison is offline  
Old
09-22-2011, 01:58 PM
  #23
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
McNaught made some comments a month or two ago, about being grateful the Rangers are giving him the opportunity to start his pro career, that made it sound as if he had been given an AHL contract. That hasn't been officially reported anywhere though.
I remember seeing those comments but like you said haven't seen anything official. I have a hard time believing he was left off the camp roster because he would be overwhelmed. There are numerous junior players and a similar if not less talented version of McNaught in Jordan. Still wondering if he had any after effects from last year's surgery after TC.

E-Train is online now  
Old
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
  #24
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
3 points so far by Jesper Fasth. Really excited about him this season. Game is 4-1 in the 3rd period and you can follow it here; http://hockeyligan.se/elitserien-arena/37722/

Also 1 point by Oscar Lindberg in his second game back.
2 goals and an assist! so he is too old for the WJC this year? too bad. Has Fasth commented on what he wants to do after this season?

McDonagh is offline  
Old
09-22-2011, 03:00 PM
  #25
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,123
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
I remember seeing those comments but like you said haven't seen anything official. I have a hard time believing he was left off the camp roster because he would be overwhelmed. There are numerous junior players and a similar if not less talented version of McNaught in Jordan. Still wondering if he had any after effects from last year's surgery after TC.
Given his showing at TC, I'd be somewhat surprised if he isn't given an AHL deal. Why he wasn't invited to the big camp though, I don't know. This would be a good question for someone to Tweet to one of the beat writers. Or we could just ask Leslie!

nyr2k2 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.