HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

hang on guys, it's another comrie proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 08:49 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
hang on guys, it's another comrie proposal

i posted this over in the main trade forum, but i'd like to put it where a few more oiler fans might see it...

after watching last night's game against the thrashers, it's become hard to ignore that the only piece the predators seem to lack is a finishing scorer. defense is good. goaltending good. forechecking good...scoring...not so good.

That said, I figured it was time for a proposal.

to EDM: Arkhipov, Upshall
to NAS: Comrie

Arkhipov- big, strong center with untapped offensive upside. i think confidence is his only inhibition right now, and maybe a change of scenery would do him good. Definitely hasn't hit his peak, but I'm not sure Nashville is the place he'll do it. You guys get another big center that can play in both ends.

Upshall- No intro needed for you guys, I'm sure. Future-captain potential, and a local boy to boot. Our top offensive prospect

Old
10-24-2003, 09:10 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
And has I said in the other one - Arkhipov is worth the risk if it's Upshall. It does make sense - I mean Lowe absolutelyk LOVES Upshall and could be one of THE best second line RWers in the game behind Hemsky in a few years. He's a future captain, and with Stoll already on our team we could have some great character and leadership! This is sort of pointless as SOME are bound to fail and not live up to expectations and stuff like that, but taking our real young kids we could have these lines in 4-5 years:
Rita-Puliot-Hemsky
Mikhnov-Niinimaki-Upshall
Torres-Stoll-Salmelainen
(not even going to try for the forth line)

But anyways - getting back on topic - I think that the only problem with this deal is that it adds to the log jam up front and doesn't help us on teh blueline - thats my only problem, but I still think that if this is on the table Lowe jumps, as it IS Upshall!

Old
10-24-2003, 09:12 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

if Upshall is involved, then something else has to come back to Nashville along with Comrie...PERIOD

Old
10-24-2003, 09:12 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
nice proprosal however i wonder about arkhipov to be honest. i watched some predators games last year and he seemed to be a bit of a loafer. we have enough of those types in edmonton right now that seemingly have that same potential as arkhipov. upshall of course i would not mind having him, how big of an offensive upside does he have?
like this idea overall though.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:13 AM
H-Bear

It looks good on our side, but is it worth it for Nashville? Perhaps we need to add Pisani or Chimera in the deal to get it done.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:15 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
The most we'd need to add is a mid pick - Arkipovs value is NO WHERE near Comries - Upshall (a completely unproven question mark) makes up for that. We could throw in a third or fourth to get the deal to go.

Old
10-24-2003, 10:26 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
It looks good on our side, but is it worth it for Nashville? Perhaps we need to add Pisani or Chimera in the deal to get it done.
Lowe doesn't deal Comrie unless he get's a package like this. Look at what teams like Florida got for dealing Worrel.

Old
10-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Malmo_Mike

Since it has become pretty obvious that Comrie is done in Edmonton I would do this deal in a heartbeat. This is the exact kind of deal that Lowe likes to make, cheap young talent. Arkipov is a talented player, he has proven he can score in this league.

If Lowe was willing to take a chance on Isbister (trading a more valuable player away IMO) he shouldn't shy away from a deal like this. Upshall is the perfect Oiler, imagine him Torres and Stoll all on the same line in a couple years.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:11 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmo_Mike
Since it has become pretty obvious that Comrie is done in Edmonton I would do this deal in a heartbeat. This is the exact kind of deal that Lowe likes to make, cheap young talent. Arkipov is a talented player, he has proven he can score in this league.

If Lowe was willing to take a chance on Isbister (trading a more valuable player away IMO) he shouldn't shy away from a deal like this. Upshall is the perfect Oiler, imagine him Torres and Stoll all on the same line in a couple years.
Or imagine Nashville keeping him and having to play against Upshall, Tootoo and Arkhipov.

Old
10-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Now we all know that it won't be a 2 for 1 trade, lets think about this here, Upshall = 1st rounder, Arkhipov = late 1st round talent *statistic-wise from his draft year* ... Comrie = 1st rounder talent *don't know about his attitude*, maybe it's Lowe he doesn't like *shrugs*, Chimera = 4th rounder

Upshall + Arkhipov

Comrie + Chimera

opinions?

Old
10-24-2003, 02:34 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Now we all know that it won't be a 2 for 1 trade, lets think about this here, Upshall = 1st rounder, Arkhipov = late 1st round talent *statistic-wise from his draft year* ... Comrie = 1st rounder talent *don't know about his attitude*, maybe it's Lowe he doesn't like *shrugs*, Chimera = 4th rounder

Upshall + Arkhipov

Comrie + Chimera

opinions?
aproved. for sure Lowe would wet his pants on that one(and so would I).

Old
10-24-2003, 02:36 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
Quote:

Upshall + Arkhipov

Comrie + Chimera

opinions?
My opinion is you need a new logic system...

my post on the other board calls for ryan suter as much as you dont want it, lowe has got to look at his D-corps and realize maybe eric brewer is not going to be a #1 defensemen at which point he has to go out and draft or trade for one...

It really revolves around top end talent...lowe wants some coming back and arkhipov (despite his vast potential) nand upshall do not have that kind of talent, and for those that say he could be one of the top rw's in the game after hemsky in a few years...my god, take of those upshall colored glasses cuz the kid will be good but he won;t be a top 15 rw. And if you mean he could be one of the top 10 2nd line rw's making him 30-40th best rw...why the hell would you trade comrie for him when you likely already have that in the system?

Finally, i think there are only a few people on this board that actually would not take a quantity for quality trade, OGE and Speeds come to mind as guys that, like myself, want to be patient and wait for the best return, if this is itm, i'd ask for Suter.

Old
10-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
i'd ask for Suter.
No chance in hell

Old
10-24-2003, 02:45 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
its cool, i knew that would be your response, actually, that was apretty mellow response compared to what i expected, i don't have time to wait around to see if it will get more heated, i need to go buy my season's pass before they go up in price.

peace

Old
10-24-2003, 03:08 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Think I'd rather keep Chimera. Cheap, FAST, plays with heart and comes up with big goals at important times. Not to mention a home-town kid. I personally would get rid of Isbister. I didn't want him when we traded Niinimaa and I still don't. He's had one good game here late last season where he was awsome, but I just don't see him fitting in.

Didn't Upshall, Stoll and Torres all play for Canada a couple years ago? Not sure if they were on the same line or not, but I would love to get him. I think he's a lot like the other two through talent wise (2nd/3rd liner).

Anyways, Comrie for Arkhipov and Upshall? Sure. Add a pick if needed. Comrie and Chimera for Arkhipov and Upshall? Pass.

I'm not completely sold on Arkhipov yet, but he is a big center. Really have't seen him play enough to know if he'd work well here though. So I dunno.

Old
10-24-2003, 03:12 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:

Upshall + Arkhipov

Comrie + Chimera

opinions?
done and done...

i'll go over to chimera's house and pack his bags... then we'll swing by and pick up comrie (i'm sure he's already packed) and we'll be on the way to the airport in no time...

Old
10-24-2003, 03:22 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
done and done...

i'll go over to chimera's house and pack his bags... then we'll swing by and pick up comrie (i'm sure he's already packed) and we'll be on the way to the airport in no time...
You'd be that happy to trade away a first line talent and a 2nd/3rd line talent for two 2nd/3rd line talents? Doesn't sound like a very good deal to me... :p

Old
10-24-2003, 03:39 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Guys....seriously.....Arkhipov????

Old
10-24-2003, 04:41 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Guys....seriously.....Arkhipov????
Sucks

Old
10-24-2003, 04:55 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

That would be my point...well, not so much that he sucks, more like, he's not the kind of player we need in return IF (and I'm still convinced it's a HUGE if) Comrie doesn't want to come back.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
That would be my point...well, not so much that he sucks, more like, he's not the kind of player we need in return IF (and I'm still convinced it's a HUGE if, Comrie doesn't want to come back).
Had to put emphasis on it.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:14 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Had to put emphasis on it.
Ahh, excellent.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Mizral

Arkhipov actually does have 20 goal potential, but while he's big, he never uses his size.

Upshall is clearly of greater value here, but Arkhipov might end up being the better player. Tough to say.

Comrie I'd move along for this package, but I suspect Nashville might try to pick up a decent forward in return. Chimera? God I hope not - he's my favorite Oiler! Perhaps Jani Rita?

Old
10-25-2003, 06:17 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Arkhipov has scored 20 in a season so it's not just potential. He's does use his body some about as much as Legwand anyway. He's a big center with good hands and can skate, that's responsible defensively. I thought the Oilers were looking for a player like that.

Closed Thread